Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Lives Matter protest in Dublin

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

What black people are being shot by police in the UK ?
    So if it's not happening in the UK they should not bother protesting? Nonsense. It's happening in another part of the world and they are protesting to show solidarity. By your logic, if it's happening in Heathhrow, how is it affecting you and how many flights are you missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

So if it's not happening in the UK they should not bother protesting? Nonsense. It's happening in another part of the world and they are protesting to show solidarity. By your logic, if it's happening in Heathhrow, how is it affecting you and how many flights are you missing?

Why are they not protesting about the huge amounts of people being shot in African countries by other Africans ? Not trendy enough ?

Why are they not protesting about the huge amounts of people being shot in African countries by other Africans ? Not trendy enough ?
    1. Why do they have to?
    2. Why do we show more solidarity with victims of terrorist attacks in Europe than the middle east? Same reason. Shared culture, political relations, family, history and so on.
    3. What does it matter to you if it's trendy or not? It may be more or less trendy I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

I think, I think people protested over the racist system in South Africa in the 60's - 90's. Not 100% sure about that tho.

Start a thread about BS maybe ?

No, because I'm just using BS as an example of people protesting about something that happened in a other country.

• Advertisement

1. Why do they have to?
    2. Why do we show more solidarity with victims of terrorist attacks in Europe than the middle east? Same reason. Shared culture, political relations, family, history and so on.
    3. What does it matter to you if it's trendy or not? It may be more or less trendy I don't know.

10 people is not solidarity of the UK... I'm sure you were happy when them IW Muppets took over O'Connell bridge yes ?? Right to protest and all that.

No, because I'm just using BS as an example of people protesting about something that happened in a other country.

White people are being gunned down in the USA by black people right now. Will you be showing solidarity to them ?

10 people is not solidarity of the UK... I'm sure you were happy when them IW Muppets took over O'Connell bridge yes ?? Right to protest and all that.
    Not necessarily.

I never said I support the Black Lives Matter protests, never mind the IW "muppets". I do support people's right to protest though. And I despise dishonest arguments designed to discredit protests, which accounts for pretty much every argument against the Black Lives Matter movement.

Not necessarily.

I never said I support the Black Lives Matter protests, never mind the IW "muppets". I do support people's right to protest though. And I despise dishonest arguments designed to discredit protests, which accounts for pretty much every argument against the Black Lives Matter movement.

It's not a movement its a militant terrorist group at this stage. Many examples of their idiocy has been pointed out like the gay pride march and so on blocking ambulances. I have never attended a protest with face masks on and hiding my identity.

White people are being gunned down in the USA by black people right now. Will you be showing solidarity to them ?

And black people are being gunned down by white people. Theres a killer in Phoenix who has killed black & white people.

The point is you can't influence the nutjob killers by protesting, you can influence governments, the people killed on BS, in South Africa & the people BLM protesting about where killed by the state not a lone thug.

• Advertisement

And black people are being gunned down by white people. Theres a killer in Phoenix who has killed black & white people.

The point is you can't influence the nutjob killers by protesting, you can influence governments, the people killed on BS, in South Africa & the people BLM protesting about where killed by the state not a lone thug.

Same state executes people would not hold me breath. And they are not coming out looking very good BLM at this stage.

It's not a movement its a militant terrorist group at this stage. Many examples of their idiocy has been pointed out like the gay pride march and so on blocking ambulances. I have never attended a protest with face masks on and hiding my identity.

If thats not a dishonest arguments designed to discredit protests I don't what is.

It would be as honest as me saying the US is not state, its a killing machine hunting down black people at this stage.

If thats not a dishonest arguments designed to discredit protests I don't what is.

It would be as honest as me saying the US is not state, its a killing machine hunting down black people at this stage.

It is if you go on the BLM Twitter and FB.

Same state executes people would not hold me breath. And they are not coming out looking very good BLM at this stage.

Still have a right to protest, if they make themselves look bad thats their fault. The UWC made themselves look bad (Harold Wilson called them a bunch of spongers) but they still had a right to protest.

Still have a right to protest, if they make themselves look bad thats their fault. The UWC made themselves look bad (Harold Wilson called them a bunch of spongers) but they still had a right to protest.

Violence usually makes you look bad in BLM case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm glad that we could drag the North into yet another ****ing thread in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Why are they clowns for using their to protest?
    They have a right to protest (I'm assuming right is the missing word).
    They don't have a right to cause serious disruption to other peoples lives.
    Loads of groups protest all the time without causing this level of disruption.
    Stick to the laws and give the public a bit of notice, it's not a lot to ask.

They have a right to protest (I'm assuming right is the missing word).
    They don't have a right to cause serious disruption to other peoples lives.
    Loads of groups protest all the time without causing this level of disruption.
    Stick to the laws and give the public a bit of notice, it's not a lot to ask.

You might get more than 10 then... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Not necessarily.

I never said I support the Black Lives Matter protests, never mind the IW "muppets". I do support people's right to protest though.
    And I despise dishonest arguments designed to discredit protests, which accounts for pretty much every argument against the Black Lives Matter movement.
    You seem to be conveniently glossing over the following.

1) The racism within the movement
    2) They're call for police officers to be shot
    3) Celebrating when police officers are killed
    4) Forcing other groups to sign up to their demands
    5) Putting peoples lives in danger by holding up an ambulance
    6) Being completly unapologetic about the above
    7) Denouncing sections of the movement that are actually trying to work with law enforcement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I don't know any blacks so none of their lives matter to me, let them all f*ck the way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

You seem to be conveniently glossing over the following.

1) The racism within the movement
    2) They're call for police officers to be shot
    3) Celebrating when police officers are killed
    4) Forcing other groups to sign up to their demands
    5) Putting peoples lives in danger by holding up an ambulance
    6) Being completly unapologetic about the above
    7) Denouncing sections of the movement that are actually trying to work with law enforcement

They're there to divide. Divisions reap profits for a certain type of people and Soros is nothing if not a master of profit from division.
    The man who broke the British Bank hardly donated millions to the BLM movement so they could be nice...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Its to show solidarty. Even if the number was 0 (I think its 3) they still have a right to protest about an injustice in an other country.

Tens of thousands of people protested in the south of Ireland after Bloody Sunday and outside the British Embassy.

People protested in towns and cities over Ireland for the Guildford 4 & Birmingham 6.

Many people also protested about the 2008 & 2014 massacres in Gaza.

Loyalists came to Dublin to protest about people killed by Republicans in 2006 I disagreed with them but they had the right & people had the right to counter-protest it.

you seem to be confusing rioting with what you call the right to protest (actually the right to lawful assembly )

The protests after the criminal mark duggan was shot were criminals taking advantage to steal and nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I just saw on CNN, another black guy shot. All he did was rob a car, drove head first into a cop car, then ran. Why did the police pick on him!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

They're there to divide. Divisions reap profits for a certain type of people and Soros is nothing if not a master of profit from division.
    The man who broke the British Bank hardly donated millions to the BLM movement so they could be nice...
    Source?

Nowhere in those links is any direct evidence or even a suggestion that Soros is directly funding BLM. Not anywhere. But clearly he's a bad guy because he supports and funds organisations with liberal agendas. But it's interesting to trawl the underbelly of the internet courtesy of your links. Thanks for that, I'm off to have another shower.

Nowhere in those links is any direct evidence or even a suggestion that Soros is directly funding BLM. Not anywhere. But clearly he's a bad guy because he supports and funds organisations with liberal agendas. But it's interesting to trawl the underbelly of the internet courtesy of your links. Thanks for that, I'm off to have another shower.

Lol keep denying it, but I know you're smart enough to feel that little inkling, that voice in the back of your head looking at things like this:
    http://investmentwatchblog.com/boom-george-soros-w2eu-group-is-giving-handbooks-to-fake-refugee-invaders/
    Among those behind the booklet is a George Soros organisation called w2eu, which means ‘Welcome To Europe’.

And this:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-the-eu-ought-to-borrow-money-to-pay-for-surge-funding-for-refugees-2016-02-18
    George Soros: The EU ought to borrow money to pay for ‘surge funding’ for refugees

And wondering just how pure and good the intentions are, of a billionaire - and others like him - who makes money, from the "demand" for money. I know you've got that, as do others here, whether they want to admit it or not :)

Lol keep denying it, but I know you're smart enough to feel that little inkling, that voice in the back of your head looking at things like this:
    http://investmentwatchblog.com/boom-george-soros-w2eu-group-is-giving-handbooks-to-fake-refugee-invaders/

And this:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/george-soros-the-eu-ought-to-borrow-money-to-pay-for-surge-funding-for-refugees-2016-02-18

And wondering just how pure and good the intentions are, of a billionaire - and others like him - who makes money, from the "demand" for money. I know you've got that, as do others here, whether they want to admit it or not :)
    Do you actually think George Soros gives a fúck what people think of him and his causes that he would bother his arse to hide funding for BLM if he was doing it?

On the one hand you seem to have a great fear of his ilk and on the other, you go trawling around right wing and conservative websites to prove he's the bogey man.

Do you actually think George Soros gives a fúck what people think of him and his causes that he would bother his arse to hide funding for BLM if he was doing it?

On the one hand you seem to have a great fear of his ilk and on the other, you go trawling around right wing and conservative websites to prove he's the bogey man.

He doesn't hide it. The man proudly talks about his time helping with ratting out Jews to the nazis and confiscating their stuff. You just have to look past what Facebook sends your way. His interview is easily accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
    I suppose his funding of FEMEN was a right wing nut job conspiracy too :pac:

There's plenty of ways to show solidarity with people wrongly killed by law enforcement without buying into that Soros-helped, "Black Tantrums Matter" bullsh*ttery...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I don't know any blacks so none of their lives matter to me, let them all f*ck the way off.

I'd say they feel the same about yourself you charmer.

He doesn't hide it. The man proudly talks about his time helping with ratting out Jews to the nazis and confiscating their stuff. You just have to look past what Facebook sends your way. His interview is easily accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
    I suppose his funding of FEMEN was a right wing nut job conspiracy too :pac:

There's plenty of ways to show solidarity with people wrongly killed by law enforcement without buying into that Soros-helped, "Black Tantrums Matter" bullsh*ttery...
    I'm sorry but your idea of evidence I've already seen, I've had enough showers today thanks. And I don't do Facebook. But you seem to be right at home on those right wing conspiracy nutjob websites. In the last couple of days you've quoted Breitbart, Prntr and the Washington Times. All of which quotes turned out to be irrelevant, made up or just plain false.

BLM is the inevitable consequence of the continuing racial profiling of black people by law enforcement. It's not pretty, but neither is watching videos of cops shooting black guys for reaching into their pockets to get the ID they requested.

You can denigrate them all you like, but I doubt they give a sh1t. If George Soros is giving them money, then fair play to him. At least he's not following the rest of the sheeple into walling themselves off from it all and pretending it doesn't exist.

You can denigrate them all you like, but I doubt they give a sh1t. If George Soros is giving them money, then fair play to him. At least he's not following the rest of the sheeple into walling themselves off from it all and pretending it doesn't exist.

Of course he's not. There's money to be made ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mod: Given the topic of the thread - don't post in here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People Before Profit posted a pic of their Black Lives Matter meeting the other day on their FB page. Guess what? Not one black person in the crowd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

People Before Profit posted a pic of their Black Lives Matter meeting the other day on their FB page. Guess what? Not one black person in the crowd :pac:

Ah yes, modern liberalism, where white college students know what's best for minorities so that's why they voice up their opinions for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

The_Mac wrote: »
    Ah yes, modern liberalism, where white college students know what's best for minorities so that's why they voice up their opinions for them.

It's not necessarily a case of white college students knowing what's best for minorities, looks like it's more of a case of the party showing solidarity with the Black Lives Movement.

Left wing parties/unions/etc have a history of showing solidarity to other causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's not necessarily a case of white college students knowing what's best for minorities, looks like it's more of a case of the party showing solidarity with the Black Lives Movement.

Left wing parties/unions/etc have a history of showing solidarity to other causes.
    Cynical bandwagoning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Debunking the most common #BlackLivesMatter lies and memes with hard facts and as much context as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

BLM need to distance themselves from the violent tendencies of some of the splinter groups that have formed.
    Like all movements, some people will use it as a platform to break the law.

As for BLM, I think a lot of white people have shamed themselves into it based on the USA salvery and Negros only getting the vote in recent history.

I don't buy into their being extra violence against black people. Some of the cases use to further the agend the Black person is a perpetrator of a crime.

The USA has different laws to Ireland, so we can't really stand behind what's fair and what's not in the States.

Anyways, all lives should matter. I'd probably sooner support native Americans than any other minority in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

I don't remember much the sketch but whenever I hear or read about "minorities" I'm reminded of a bit on Goodness Gracious Me where it it pointed out there actual quite a lot of non-white people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

This is slightly off topic as it concerns the Black Lives Matter in London.

Maybe I'm just out of step with "fashion" but why was John Boyega dressed like a bank robber? And why was he wearing gloves that look like they are made for the purpose of giving people a severe beating?

If I saw someone (be they black or white, man or woman) dressed like that I would cross the road to avoid them. :P
    hi
    Also why was he saying he might not have a career afterward? Isn't Black Lives Matter a "hip" movement with the white folks in Hollywood? Besides if he still gets work after being Finn in the Star Wars Sequels .... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

Ah yes, out of touch forum dwellers begrudging people standing up for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Sorry I was half asleep when I posted last night and didn’t realise that I had bumped a very old thread.

I had actually wanted to ask a question regarding the new protests but I fell asleep after my first post. I must have thought “4 years ago” was “4 hours ago”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

They have a history of piggybacking on anything and everything they think will bring them closer to year zero and a politburo ‘job’. They cynically use anyone and everyone, they couldn’t care less about black people in reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

They have a history of piggybacking on anything and everything they think will bring them closer to year zero and a politburo ‘job’. They cynically use anyone and everyone, they couldn’t care less about black people in reality.

Sounds like a lot of self projection.

Why is empathy hard to understand for certain people? There always has to be some conspiracy and ulterior motive. When in reality, people saw someones pain and death and want to voice their solidarity.

Its not a communist conspiracy. Its the normal everyday people with working brains and empathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sounds like a lot of self projection.

Why is empathy hard to understand for certain people? There always has to be some conspiracy and ulterior motive. When in reality, people saw someones pain and death and want to voice their solidarity.

Its not a communist conspiracy. Its the normal everyday people with working brains and empathy.

Politicians are not normal people. :P

Are you saying everyone "voicing support" is genuine?

There are people with genuine empathy and there is also people jumping on a bandwagon for attention, etc.

People can have a march for whatever they like but why is have a Black Lives Matter march in Dublin? Are the Guards mistreating black people? And who is such a thing helping?

Why did People Before Profit have a "Black Lives Matter meeting" that time? The is just weird.

I also did not realise this was an thread and was just curious about Boyega get up the London rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

The Left: Covid-19 reveals racism because black people are disproportionately affect by it

Also the Left: We think these protests can help us win in November, so lets encourage as many black people as possible to congregate in large crowds during a deadly pandemic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Old thread, and being discussed in Current Affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement