Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Lives Matter protest in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

scopper wrote: »
    Lol, oh my god you could not be made up. Progressive living in the UN cosmopolitan bubble comes down to tell peeps how life is :D

'And "Marcos" is a common family name is south western India'

I can literally see you at a dinner party saying this and having no idea nobody cares or thinks it is interesting. Walking parody.

As for me, I do not brag or need validation here so I am what I am quite happily. And your intellect is so-so son. You need some friends to bring you down a few notches because you scan as someone who has nobody to tell him how bratty he is.

Time of the month? Or just a bit of a w.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The guy volunteered the information about his job etc.

Plenty of people volunteer personal information on Boards. Doesn't require us to use that personal information to try and tear them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Pull up a seat lads and open your copy books. The Irish constitution is unequivocal about citizenship and the Irish nation which absolutely disregards the current border and current UK jurisdiction (subject to change in the Good Friday Agreement) over the north east corner of Ireland.

The one territory view of this island and aspiration of a political UI remains codified in the Irish constitution:

For anyone who still has problems accepting the reality of the Irish nation; the surviving Hooded Men from Co. Derry who were sadistically tortured by the British state's forces in the north are going to the ECHR with the backing of the Irish Government.

This displays perfectly the all-Ireland nature of our nation and indeed the Britain's tacit acceptance of thats.

Yes, yes. You practically have a united Ireland already Tom. (Snigger)

Sure tell the Irish republican morons to stop shooting and blowing people up
    Whilst you are at it. Sure if you have a United Ireland it's hardly worth it. And blowing up Spanish tourists is hardly encouraging good relations with our European friends.

Anyway At least NI will remain in the eu then considering its United and all. ooops... Maybe not.

Just because the Republic of Ireland hand out passports like confetti is not my problem. As I said in another thread I might even consider one myself. For convenience though and certainly not as a matter of citizenship.

Anyway back on topic BLM march in Dublin. Viz was so ahead of the times with student grant. I miss viz.

Student grant, milly tant,..... Those are the sort of people who would attend a Blm March in Dublin.

I hope the Toronto pride guy is ashamed of himself for caving into their nonsense in Toronto. He should have grown a pair and told them to F off out of the parade. I expect better from Canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

This is crazy...

5 cops shot dead in Texas by a terrorist group.

Anti racism Ireland decides to hold a rally in Dublin, for support of this organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ah yeah, because showing solidarity with one group means you don't care about others.

That old chestnut.

Nah just sick of the moral brigade blaming everything on our politicians.

Couldn't pass up an opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

timthumbni wrote: »

Whilst you are at it. Sure if you have a United Ireland it's hardly worth it. And blowing up Spanish tourists is hardly encouraging good relations with our European friends.

Anyway At least NI will remain in the eu then considering its United and all. ooops... Maybe not.

Just because the Republic of Ireland hand out passports like confetti is not my problem. As I said in another thread I might even consider one myself. For convenience though and certainly not as a matter of citizenship.

Anyway back on topic BLM march in Dublin. Viz was so ahead of the times with student grant. I miss viz.

Student grant, milly tant,..... Those are the sort of people who would attend a Blm March in Dublin.

I hope the Toronto pride guy is ashamed of himself for caving into their nonsense in Toronto. He should have grown a pair and told them to F off out of the parade. I expect better from Canada.

I half expected them to come out with appropriation of their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Nah just sick of the moral brigade blaming everything on our politicians.

Couldn't pass up an opportunity.

Where did the Facebook postin the OP say anyone was blaming Irish politicians for the shootings of people of colour by US police officers?

I saw an post advertising a solidarity demonstration, not a protest.

Where did the Facebook postin the OP say anyone was blaming Irish politicians for the shootings of people of colour by US police officers?

That's exactly what's happening in the stats, I am aware the type over here will follow suit to show how much the support the cause. That's if it's not taken over by AAA or any number of gombeems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

As I said I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a bit of satire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Exactly it epitomises the SJW element and their sinister shouting down of dissenting opinion. Like that guy in the Irish university shouting sh*it at a Israelis speaker sensing no irony about saying hes been on the campus for 10 year. They just turn up and cause trouble.

Think fair to say we can all unite in calling that lad a complete knob :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm not sure why you quoted my post because you haven't refuted or countered one bit of it - the facts stick in your craw no doubt.

As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

This is crazy...

Anti racism Ireland decides to hold a rally in Dublin, for support of this organisation.

What??

This is crazy...

Solidarity with Black Lives Matter =/= Condoning Police being killed

Solidarity with Blue Lives Matter =/= Condoning POC being killed unjustifiably by law enforcement

Keep up, it's not hard people

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are they killing smurfs up in here now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

scopper wrote: »
    Lol, oh my god you could not be made up. Progressive living in the UN cosmopolitan bubble comes down to tell peeps how life is :D

'And "Marcos" is a common family name is south western India'

I can literally see you at a dinner party saying this and having no idea nobody cares or thinks it is interesting. Walking parody.

As for me, I do not brag or need validation here so I am what I am quite happily. And your intellect is so-so son. You need some friends to bring you down a few notches because you scan as someone who has nobody to tell him how bratty he is.

You ascribed a ridiculous generalisation about who he was. YOU brought it up. He replied... You got owned... Now you accuse him of bragging. Your tears are real salty, pal.

Bratty butthurt ftw.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

one of them protests on my birthday and everything, thanks lads :rolleyes: , better not stop people from heading into my party so!

Seriously , "black lives matter???!" Doesnt every life supposadly matter? so the next time a few whites get gunned down somewhere i shall have to organise a "White lives matter" , only fair like!

Are they killing smurfs up in here now?

Yes have you not heard

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    one of them protests on my birthday and everything, thanks lads :rolleyes: , better not stop people from heading into my party so!

Seriously , "black lives matter???!" Doesnt every life supposadly matter? so the next time a few whites get gunned down somewhere i shall have to organise a "White lives matter" , only fair like!

The crazy glee on their faces is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rjpf1980

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I think he's alluding to the Northern Ireland conflict and the treatment of Nationalists by the RUC and British Army (Bloody Sunday)

There were no black people shot on Bloody Sunday.

• Advertisement

Awh :(
    Of course every life matters - no one's saying otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Keplar240B wrote: »
    mental this is just far-left communist agitation.
    As opposed to those far right communist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Awh :(

Of course every life matters - no one's saying otherwise

okay so, thats agreed then :)

wakka12 wrote: »
    What??

That is what I thought, when I heard Pride Toronto agreeing to the demands off BLM. When they signed their demands to ban police floats.

Do you agree with the demands of BLM on the banning of police floats in Pride Toronto?

Discriminating against the gay members of the Canadian Police force?

And again why should an Irish person feel guilt???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Awwwwhh ffs. Enjoy your march..........
    Can always count on a mature contribution from our resident Loyalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

That makes no sense Republic of Ireland is not in the UK. When have people been shot in the republic by said police willy nilly ?
    Where did anyone say they had?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Solidarity with Blue Lives Matter =/= Condoning POC being killed unjustifiably by law enforcement

Keep up, it's not hard people

They did what to Paulie? :mad::mad:

That is what I thought, when I heard Pride Toronto agreeing to the demands off BLM. When they signed their demands to ban police floats.

Do you agree with the demands of BLM on the banning of police floats in Pride Toronto?

Discriminating against the gay members of the Canadian Police force?

No definitely don't agree with that - was extremely counter productive and mistake imo
    And again why should an Irish person feel guilt???

Who said any Irish person should feel guilty?
    Don't need guilt to empathise

No definitely don't agree with that - was extremely counter productive and mistake imo

Who said any Irish person should feel guilty?
    Don't need guilt to empathise

Wakka12, hoped this is to support black americans and not some guilt trip for white Irish.

I simply asked why should white Irish feel guilty?

Again I ask Wakka12, why should any white Irish feel guilty?

armaghlad wrote: »
    Can always count on a mature contribution from our resident Loyalist.

I ain't a loyalist bud. As far as I'm concerned they should still be in jail along with those romantic republicans. So move on please.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Where did anyone say they had?

Those people were shot in the UK not the Republic ? Not condoning any action by the RUC. Just getting facts.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure why you quoted my post because you haven't refuted or countered one bit of it - the facts stick in your craw no doubt.

As you were.

Stick on my craw? Lol...

Listen, if republicans are now resorting to declaring a UI via the Internet (snigger) then I'm all for it. Of course it means the square of feck all but it's much better than blowing up children outside a McDonald's I suppose.

As you said... As you were...

I ain't a loyalist bud.

Here's another interesting example of cognitive dissonance in the wider union/loyalist population of the north east. The holier-than-thou unionist looking down upon the 'dirty loyalist' when they're essentially the same thing.

A loyalist is a unionist is a loyalist. Just because they don't dress up like baton-twirling man-majorettes every summer to celebrate long-passed-victories over the taigs/croppies doesn't make their allegiances or values any different.

Has anyone any possible solutions to America at the moment? I have changed my view on the guns issue. It's too late to regulate weapons. There are already to many out there.

Would a buy back scheme have any effect. I have no idea. I've always preferred Canada anyway. They have the guns too but they don't appear to use them to murder other humans for the most part anyway.

Here's another interesting example of cognitive dissonance in the wider union/loyalist population of the north east. The holier-than-thou unionist looking down upon the dirty loyalist when they're essentially the same thing.

A loyalist is a unionist is a loyalist. Just because they don't dress up like man-majorettes every summer to celebrate long-passed-victories over the taigs/croppies doesn't make their allegiances or values any different.

You have posted that before. What is the relevance to this thread and/or to me?

Youse are obsessed with finding a unionist who tries to justify loyalist terrorist murderers to justify support for Irish republican terrorist murderers.

You won't find that with me buddy. I won't be helping you to wash your own dirty hands. You may try to find some other patsy for that one.

Carry on though. As I said if republicans only outlet is on the old tinternet then beat on. Your UI is just around the corner. Wld hv been nice for 2016 but ya know deadlines slip etc. ;-)

Listen, if republicans are now resorting to declaring a UI via the Internet (snigger) then I'm all for it. Of course it means the square of feck all but it's much better than blowing up children outside a McDonald's I suppose.

Well done. You've now ignored what I wrote for a second time.

Is this thread not about BLM anyone ?

Apologies. I refer to my post 134. How does America progress from all of this?

The US is such a diverse and varied place. (More or less. It's own continent)

I really can't get my head around it mostly. I have relatives over there who home school (that is apparently common over there) who have 20 odd weapons. I have asked why and who they were afraid of but have never got a real answer.

The government was one answer....... I really don't know if I would like to live in a country like that. (And I grew up with the IRA bombs, loyalists etc in NI )

Youse are obsessed with finding a unionist who tries to justify loyalist terrorist murderers

That it's hard to find a union/loyalist who accepts the security forces' instrumental role in hundreds of murders by colluding with union/loyalist death squads is evidence enough of justification.

As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm going though I'll be there dressed as Bill Cosby handing out fizzy drinks to all the foxy ladies in a solidarity type protest with old Bill being my motivation.

Apologies. I refer to my post 134. How does America progress from all of this?

The US is such a diverse and varied place. (More or less. It's own continent)

I really can't get my head around it mostly. I have relatives over there who home school (that is apparently common ones there) who have 20 odd weapons. I have asked why and who they were afraid of but have never got a real answer.

The government was one answer....... I really don't know if I would like to live in a country like that. (And I grew up with the IRA bombs, loyalists etc in NI )

I would not live there if you paid me. It's like Russia on opposite day. The fascination with guns that equates to muskets in their constitution to let people have military grade weapons is stupid. Their constitution needs to be brought into this millennium I mean ours is only 100 years old ish and it's pretty bad.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I'll leave it there.

Fair enough. I'll leave it there.

Not having a go man we all got sidetracked. I respect peoples views.

It's hard to find a union/loyalist who accepts the security forces' instrumental role in hundreds of murders by colluding with union/loyalist death squads is evidence enough that there is justification.

As you were.

Yawn.... Back on topic Tommy. We have already shot that horse bud.

Have you any comment regarding the issue at hand regarding the yanks?

I'm going though I'll be there dressed as Bill Cosby handing out fizzy drinks to all the foxy ladies in a solidarity type protest with old Bill being my motivation.

...:confused::confused::confused:
    I don't recall Bill Cosby being shot dead by the police but fair enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Would a "White Lives Matter" parade be allowed through the streets of Dublin? BLM are a hate group with terrorist and Islamic terror links. We should be marching against the likes of BLM and their SJW self-hating brainwashed communists who love to be "oppressed". I'd love if Pegida ran another Peaceful protest like last February when the sheer hypocrisy and rabid hatred of the left was exposed when they attacked peaceful protestors because they didn't agree.

I would not live there if you paid me. It's like Russia on opposite day. The fascination with guns that equates to muskets in their constitution to let people have military grade weapons is stupid. Their constitution needs to be brought into this millennium I mean ours is only 100 years old ish and it's pretty bad.

I still would like to go there for a visit. It's such a huge place that it's probably unfair to brand them all the same. I would like to visit New York, Vegas, San Fran etc.

I probably wouldn't want to go to the Deep South though if I did I would probably like it. I love visiting different places with different cultures.

The question is why the us seems to have far more of these mass shooting incidents along with single shooting incidents I suppose than other countries.

• Site Banned Posts: 88 ✭✭FrJGHackett

Professional working in the area of human rights monitoring for a UN funded International organisation in my mid 30's actually.

And "Marcos" is a common family name is south western India, where one half of my family comes from, and the other half of my family is Spanish. Only reason I chose the name.

Subcomandante Marcos was the name used by the main ideologist and spokesman of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation - a far left terrorist organisation.

"Only reason I chose the name" me arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

I think the issue of Police/African American relations is a domestic issue in the United States that has nothing to do with Ireland. A protest here is pointless.

Rainman16 wrote: »
    I think the issue of Police/African American relations is a domestic issue in the United States that has nothing to do with Ireland. A protest here is pointless.

I agree. The marchers were just silly student grant types who probably have a collection of flags depending which March they are on.

Again the question is what can America do to stop this seemingly unending bad news stories that is coming from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Subcomandante Marcos was the name used by the main ideologist and spokesman of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation - a far left terrorist organisation.

"Only reason I chose the name" me arse.

The right wing gun nuts claim that citizens have the right to bear arms to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. That's what
    Subcomandant Marcos actually did instead of talking about it. Yet he gets called a terrorist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement