Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must I return mobile if I exit contract as a result of price increase?

Options
  • 10-07-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I have efibre, homephone and mobile with 13 months remaining on contract and, following notification of the price increase am considering my options. I spoke with an eir agent on Saturday who told me he was "fairly certain" that if I terminated my contract I could keep the mobile handset. This differs from what I was told in an eir store, i.e. I would be sent an envelope to return the phone. Would it be possible to clarify whether or not you would want the mobile returned. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I have efibre, homephone and mobile with 13 months remaining on contract and, following notification of the price increase am considering my options. I spoke with an eir agent on Saturday who told me he was "fairly certain" that if I terminated my contract I could keep the mobile handset. This differs from what I was told in an eir store, i.e. I would be sent an envelope to return the phone. Would it be possible to clarify whether or not you would want the mobile returned. Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Crunchienut,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for any confusion caused. I'm afraid the contract waive would not apply to the mobile phone. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details and I will have this flagged with the agent you were in contact with. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Crunchienut,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for any confusion caused. I'm afraid the contract waive would not apply to the mobile phone. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details and I will have this flagged with the agent you were in contact with. [/font]

PM sent Pamela thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I have a bundle which includes broadband, home phone and 2 mobiles. A single contract was signed for all so where do i stand? I am not happy with the price increase and wish to cancel within the 30 days.

I understand from above that you may not be able to cancel the mobiles but how can this be as they are all one contract?

What would the pricing be if the bundle is broken apart?

Thanks

PM sent Pamela thanks
    Thanks Crunchienut,

-Pamela 

lostdesign wrote: »
    I have a bundle which includes broadband, home phone and 2 mobiles. A single contract was signed for all so where do i stand? I am not happy with the price increase and wish to cancel within the 30 days.

I understand from above that you may not be able to cancel the mobiles but how can this be as they are all one contract?

Thanks
    Hi lostdesign,

Thanks for getting in touch, Have you received a letter to confirm the price increase affects you?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Thanks
    Hi lostdesign,

Thanks for getting in touch, Have you received a letter to confirm the price increase affects you?

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I received the letter last Thursday that my price was increasing by €8 per month and I was being moved to eir complete package.

I am not happy about the increase but want to know what my options are before ringing the loyalty department.

We pay one bill per month for bb, house phone and two mobiles for which we signed one contract.

I have no use for UK calls and will not watch eir sport so will most likely cancel the entire bundle because of the price increase.

The reason I bundled was to save money, if I unbundle them I will loose my saving and am better off going with a different supplier.

Am I entitled to do this?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Hi lostdesign,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I received the letter last Thursday that my price was increasing by €8 per month and I was being moved to eir complete package.

I am not happy about the increase but want to know what my options are before ringing the loyalty department.

We pay one bill per month for bb, house phone and two mobiles for which we signed one contract.

I have no use for UK calls and will not watch eir sport so will most likely cancel the entire bundle because of the price increase.

The reason I bundled was to save money, if I unbundle them I will loose my saving and am better off going with a different supplier.

Am I entitled to do this?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]lostdesign,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you cancel the landline and broadband part of your bill you will lose this discount I’m afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend calling the loyalty team, they will be more than happy to explore your options and find you a more suitable package than the suggested package on the letter.[/font]

Advertisement