Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house alarm advice

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darst

Hi I'm looking at getting alarm in. Old alarm hasn't worked in years. So wires still in place. 're doing all downstairs and 1 motion upstairs. Here is a list of stuff. So with this and install how much roughly should I be looking at.

1 x HKC SecureWave 10:70 Control Panel
    1 x HKC SecureWave Remote Keypad
    1 x 12 Volt Mains Failure Back up Battery
    1 x HKC SABB External Siren, Strobe and SAB Unit
    1 x HKC ECHO Internal Sounder
    2 x CQR Magnetic Reed Door Contacts
    7 x HKC Magnetic Reed Inertia Sensors
    1 x HKC RF (Wirelelss) Passive Infra Red

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

darst wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking at getting alarm in. Old alarm hasn't worked in years. So wires still in place. 're doing all downstairs and 1 motion upstairs. Here is a list of stuff. So with this and install how much roughly should I be looking at.

1 x HKC SecureWave 10:70 Control Panel
    1 x HKC SecureWave Remote Keypad
    1 x 12 Volt Mains Failure Back up Battery
    1 x HKC SABB External Siren, Strobe and SAB Unit
    1 x HKC ECHO Internal Sounder
    2 x CQR Magnetic Reed Door Contacts
    7 x HKC Magnetic Reed Inertia Sensors
    1 x HKC RF (Wirelelss) Passive Infra Red

Thanks

We do not give out quotations here. Best advice is to get 3 written quotations in A System Design Proposal as per En50131 from PSA licensed installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 monsterbunch

Hi can you send me recommendations for installs please thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

damoj29 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a bit of advice re installation of shock sensors...
    I have a triple sliding door that I want to put shocks and contacts on but I'm not convinced that the shock sensors will work as the frame is so deep. On one side, if I mount the sensor on the frame I'll have to then run a cable through the frame to the door for the contact.
    So my question is... If I go down the route of RF shocks, any issue with mounting these on the doors instead of the frame?

And the next question is doing something similar for a sash window - mount the RF shock on the lower sash and then a flush magnet in the upper?

Thanks

Hi koolkid
    Can you pm reccomend a good installer in D15 area who installs both seimens and hkc systems.
    Thanks, Raul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 PHunter

Hi

I am in the process of finishing off a large extension on my house. At the moment i do not have an alarm. I was waiting until the extension was finished.

I have read some of the post regarding make / models. I like the idea of hybrid panels as the house has cables for the alarm.
    The House is a typical 3 bed house with a large extension on the kitchen. There is no cables in the extension so that way i need hybrid.

I have talked to my neighbors and have gotten a few numbers of alarm installers in my area. ( Newbridge Co Kildare).
    I asked about GSD / Siemens panels but from talking to them they do HKC or Risco .

I ideally would like an App for my phone and the wife but also interested in monitoring station.

Ideally i would like to follow the advice from this form regarding getting 3 quotes but its hard to compare prices if they are not the same product.

Can anyone recommend a GSD / Siemens installer in Kildare ? Thanks Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

PHunter wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of finishing off a large extension on my house. At the moment i do not have an alarm. I was waiting until the extension was finished.

I have read some of the post regarding make / models. I like the idea of hybrid panels as the house has cables for the alarm.
    The House is a typical 3 bed house with a large extension on the kitchen. There is no cables in the extension so that way i need hybrid.

I have talked to my neighbors and have gotten a few numbers of alarm installers in my area. ( Newbridge Co Kildare).
    I asked about GSD / Siemens panels but from talking to them they do HKC or Risco .

I ideally would like an App for my phone and the wife but also interested in monitoring station.

Ideally i would like to follow the advice from this form regarding getting 3 quotes but its hard to compare prices if they are not the same product.

Can anyone recommend a GSD / Siemens installer in Kildare ? Thanks Paul

If you contact GSD they will put you in touch with installers in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Hey guys can someone help me. I have an aritech window sensor. Think it’s a combined shock sensor. Basically it’s always showing opened, the others show opened and closed as the window opens and closes.

How do I fix this?
    Two wires are into the circular center part and two up the top

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Energy1 wrote: »
    Hey guys can someone help me. I have an aritech window sensor. Think it’s a combined shock sensor. Basically it’s always showing opened, the others show opened and closed as the window opens and closes.

How do I fix this?
    Two wires are into the circular center part and two up the top
    Is the corresponding magnet still in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

degsie wrote: »
    Is the corresponding magnet still in place?

Hi Yeah all is still in place. I noticed the sensor in the corresponding room isn’t showing on the map. Looks to be no power there. I recall now when I got blinds in it stopped working and one is always opened. I think they must have went through the cable.

Since I’m house bound I tried to tackle it but can’t sort it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Going to jump on this thread as I'm interested in getting an alarm on a new build.

Just trying to figure out what I need. Looking at a wired HKC alarm, wired shock sensor/contact, 2 motion sensors and WiFi. Are magnetic contacts also advised, are they different to the shock sensor/contact?

I've submitted a few online forms for quotes, only one got back saying "use our online quote and call a mobile number etc".

Looking for self monitoring and shock/motion sensors, not sure if anything else is recommended?

Advertisement