Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay calls cheapest option

Options
  • 10-07-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Mother in law is after getting her first mobile phone(she's 80)!!

I'm wondering what prepay sim's i can get her. She will prob never use to make calls, maybe once a week!,(she will never text(whats a text?:D))

What is the cheapest prepay plan at the minute? And generally how long does credit last when you put it on?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Mother in law is after getting her first mobile phone(she's 80)!!

I'm wondering what prepay sim's i can get her. She will prob never use to make calls, maybe once a week!,(she will never text(whats a text?:D))

What is the cheapest prepay plan at the minute? And generally how long does credit last when you put it on?

Thanks guys
    Its a mistake to only consider price, particularly when dealing with an elderly user like this.

You wouldn't want to your mother-in-law to the horrific experience that Three offer currently, or any of their piggy-back services like Tesco. Stick with Meteor/Eir or Vodafone. Both of these networks have stable service and also offer HD-Voice which might be useful to her if her hearing is starting to deteriorate. Three don't. She could probably just put €5 in a Meteor SIM every few months, and pay by the minute, if her usage is really that low.

Advertisement