Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help on Qualifications!!

Options
  • 10-07-2016 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am studying Industrial Biochemistry LM064 in UL and I'm wondering when i have the course complete will i be able to teach Biology and Maths in Secondary school or will i need a HDIP tp be qualified??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

You need to contact the Teaching Council to see if they have established what subjects that degree will allow you to teach. If it isn't on their list of degrees, you will have to submit the modules you did and they will assess them and tell you what subjects you can teach.

The Hdip has been replaced by a 2 year Masters in Education. Alternatively, you can do the 1 year postgrad in the UK. Again you need to establish from the Teaching Council if the 1 year UK postgrad will qualify you now given that those studying in Ireland have to do a 2 year postgrad course.

Advertisement