Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Liquid in Hand Luggage

Options
  • 10-07-2016 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

So I'm heading off on holidays next month and I'm flying with Ryanair so no checked luggage. Anyone know if it's fine to take e-liquids with you on hand luggage? I know the max is 100ml for liquids but not sure if e-liquids is allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    So I'm heading off on holidays next month and I'm flying with Ryanair so no checked luggage. Anyone know if it's fine to take e-liquids with you on hand luggage? I know the max is 100ml for liquids but not sure if e-liquids is allowed?

Should be fine. Just flew with Ryanair last week. Just make sure they're in bottles under 100ml and put them in a clear plastic bag with your other liquids. I always put my mods/tanks out on the tray too just to show them. Never had a hassle. They're well used to them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

bd2012 wrote: »
    Should be fine. Just flew with Ryanair last week. Just make sure they're in bottles under 100ml and put them in a clear plastic bag with your other liquids. I always put my mods/tanks out on the tray too just to show them. Never had a hassle. They're well used to them now.

Probably not but just in case you happen to flying in and out of Brussels with any bottle of juice near 100mls it'll be taken off you on the return leg.

Trond wrote: »
    Probably not but just in case you happen to flying in and out of Brussels with any bottle of juice near 100mls it'll be taken off you on the return leg.

Just to add London Stanstead implements a strict one bag of liquids only. In Dublin I had two. One for toiletries and one for my eliquid. Had to bung them all into one bag at Stanstead on the way home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Can anyone tell me what its like going through Abu Dhabi? have 2 layovers, of about 5 hours each time, there coming up in the next few weeks. Have heard conflicting reports from all over the place but nothing in recent months about it. Some people say that all the items will be taken off of you others say that security wont care too much. Either way, i don't want any of my stuff to be confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Can anyone tell me what its like going through Abu Dhabi? have 2 layovers, of about 5 hours each time, there coming up in the next few weeks. Have heard conflicting reports from all over the place but nothing in recent months about it. Some people say that all the items will be taken off of you others say that security wont care too much. Either way, i don't want any of my stuff to be confiscated.
    Not sure if your talking about liquids or device or both here but I have never had a problem with the liquids (just put them in a plastic bag which the authorities don't even actually care about). I always feel a bit more nervous about devices, but I have never had them confiscated yet and they have been seen by immigration/customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Tow

Can anyone tell me what its like going through Abu Dhabi?

They don't care, showed them a 1L bottle of iced tea and asked do I need to dump this and the security just waved us on.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

iba wrote: »
    Not sure if your talking about liquids or device or both here but I have never had a problem with the liquids (just put them in a plastic bag which the authorities don't even actually care about). I always feel a bit more nervous about devices, but I have never had them confiscated yet and they have been seen by immigration/customs.

Was that in Abu Dhabi or in ireland? I know i can get them out of ireland in the liquids bag and all that but Abu Dhabi seems to be the issue. At the least they are confiscating everything. As nicotine is considered an illegal drug it may be seen as trafficking and thats not good.

iba wrote: »

Was that in Abu Dhabi or in ireland? I know i can get them out of ireland in the liquids bag and all that but Abu Dhabi seems to be the issue. At the least they are confiscating everything. As nicotine is considered an illegal drug it may be seen as trafficking and thats not good.
    No, in Abu Dhabi - I live In Abu Dhabi. Just flew from Abu Dhabi to Riyadh this week. Not stopped in either airport. Didn't even take my liquids out of my hand luggage to place on the belt/scanner thing in Abu Dhabi. They don't care. I I also alwys put my tank into the plastic bag and leave the battery in the case.

Perfect iba, thank you!

Hi iba, you mind if i send you a quick PM with a few questions?

• Advertisement

Hi iba, you mind if i send you a quick PM with a few questions?
    Can't you ask in the thread?

Vaping in the airport yes or no?
    If yes, is there designated areas that people can vape in?
    Is it possible that as you were not flying that far so they didnt care what you had?
    If security decided to take umbrage with my items would they just confiscate them and leave it at that?

Vaping in the airport yes or no?
    If yes, is there designated areas that people can vape in?
    Is it possible that as you were not flying that far so they didnt care what you had?
    If security decided to take umbrage with my items would they just confiscate them and leave it at that?

Vaping in the smoking room is not a problem.

I only used Riyadh because it is a recent example.

Do you even have to go through customs/immigration? Do you have to pick up your hold luggage or does it go onto your next flight?

If you are too worried, why not put your good gear in ur check in luggage and just use some old gear for ur layover which you would not be to concerned about if confiscated. But if your not actually going through any customs/immigration I can't see it being a problem and if you do go through customs/immigration, I'd be 90% sure you will be fine.

Thanks for that. I was thinking about picking up something thats cheap and using that in case things do get confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

bd2012 wrote: »
    Just to add London Stanstead implements a strict one bag of liquids only. In Dublin I had two. One for toiletries and one for my eliquid. Had to bung them all into one bag at Stanstead on the way home though.

Is this just only applicable in Standsted or could I expect the same in Manchester? Will be stopping there to get the next flight to Malta. I don't intend to take much liquids anyway I think

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Is this just only applicable in Standsted or could I expect the same in Manchester? Will be stopping there to get the next flight to Malta. I don't intend to take much liquids anyway I think

I honestly don't know. I have never flown through Manchester. They might have some info on their website maybe? Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Thanks for that. I was thinking about picking up something thats cheap and using that in case things do get confiscated.

Id highly recommend the Ego AIO. First device that didn't leak at all during 2 recent flights (whilst full).

V cheap online from abroad and also available from Irish vendors for under €25 I think.

Trond wrote: »
    Id highly recommend the Ego AIO. First device that didn't leak at all during 2 recent flights (whilst full).

V cheap online from abroad and also available from Irish vendors for under €25 I think.

to be honest i'd be thinking a basic ego battery that would cost about €10. but i'll look into that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Your final destination wouldn't be Austrialia would it? Because if it is then reconsider bringing any vaping devices at all.
    Oz madness.png
    In reply to an enquiery after this publication;
    http://www.qld.gov.au/health/staying-healthy/atods/smoking/devices/
    Oh and enjoy your travels, fags are cheap in duty free.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

qld.gov.au wrote: »
    Many electronic cigarette cartridges also contain other potentially harmful ingredients such as propylene glycol (a solvent used for the production of fog or smoke used in theatrical productions), polyester compounds, anti-freeze, or vegetable glycerine.

jaysus - who'd they hire to write the webpage - the local tabloid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

mossymac! wrote: »
    jaysus - who'd they hire to write the webpage - the local tabloid

I suspect some intern using notes from this guy;
    http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/people/academics/profiles/simon.chapman.php

Yeah it's fairly nonsensical and so behind current research it seems like a tardis brought it back from 2007. Chapman is heading up Australia's ecig policy think tank and he is one of the most vocal ANTZ.

Advertisement