Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamercon 18th & 19th March 2017

Options
  • 10-07-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard about this? On up in the convention centre. Tickets are 40% discounted (€16.50) for July. Their site list special guests as 'your favourite youtube and twitch gamers'. I hate the majority of youtube and twitch gamers so that's no interest to me. They say they'll have all the consoles, MP events and VR to try.

Can't seem to find any more info on it. Doesn't sound like something I'd pay almost 40 quid for a ticket so wondering if anyone knows more about it before the tickets go full price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

If it's run by the ComicCon crowd it should be worth it.I bought 3 tickets tonight but just 1 vip ticket..no idea if kids will be interested in any guest but I'll take the gamble & have booked accommodation but had to change plans to just the Sunday as all rooms in Dublin are stupid prices on Sat for paddy's weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

eSports

Game - No Players per team - Age Limit - Prize Fund
    CS-GO --- 5 --- 18+ --- €1400
    Dota 2 --- 5 --- 16+ --- €800
    Rocket League --- 3 --- 16+ --- €800
    League of Legends --- 5 ---16+ --- €800

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Will there be publishers or indy game companies at this?

Or is it just whatever games are currently out, no early glimpse or play of upcoming releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read EA and Sony will be there. Would be a great chance to have some indie devs show their stuff. I know they have a meet the makers section where devs talk about their games and a talk on how to make a game but don't think they've announced any devs yet. There will be a room for talks \q&a's, room for vr, room for gaming, room for merch and maybe the e-sports stuff will have their own room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Someone talking here about it on a podcast, More about the retro part of it, Sounds good, Start about 20 mins in

https://wtspod.podbean.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Was thinking of bringing my 9 year old son on bus up from Limerick - Can anyone (with knowledge of event or kids) hazard a guess if this is something where you could mooch around and knock a bit of entertainment out of it for the day or would he perhaps be bored and whiny after 1hr!?! (Have mixed thoughts on possible outcome)

He's into games but am just not familiar with proposed setup so don't know how entertaining it would be for just visiting all stalls st...... would there be talks/movies/demos and so on?

Ta!

Advertisement