Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sid and Nancy

Options
  • 11-07-2016 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would put this in here cause its more of a music thing.

Has anyone seen Sid and Nancy???

Watched it for the first time in years last night very impressed I still am with it.

Though not sure how factual it actually is its definitely a good watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091954/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Watch it if you haven't seen it, especially if your a fan of punk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I tried watching it years ago but turned it off after 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

It's a decent enough film but not something you'd watch more than once. I also found Chloe Webb's portrayal of Nancy a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Did I see it,I think.I did but I cant remember really,maybe I need a refresh.
    The Wall and the Doors film would be two of the best music films I have seen.I am open to any more suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

It's a decent enough film but not something you'd watch more than once. I also found Chloe Webb's portrayal of Nancy a bit annoying.

She must have played her quite accurate then, she was meant to have been like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sid and Nancy is a brilliant film. I was fortunate enough to see it when it came out in the States. Two of life's greatest lessons.

'Love Kills' and 'Never trust a junkie.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I read the book written about Nancy by her mother, thought it was very good. She comes across as a difficult kid, all right...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

tomofson wrote: »
    She must have played her quite accurate then, she was meant to have been like that.
    In that case she did a good job :)

I read as well that Courtney Love auditioned for the role of Nancy. And while she didn't get the role, they created a character for her in the film instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mamased Nokuowt

It's a great film - Gary Oldman could play the shark in Jaws and be convincing - but like John Lydon said:

"Well, at least they got our names right."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Good film and even better soundtrack.

Advertisement