Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop raccoon eyes

Options
  • 11-07-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I really love they're real, benefits mascara. However after a couple of hours I have raccoon eyes. I've never had this in all the years using mascara but I'm wondering would a primer fix it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

It sounds like it's just a crap mascara! Eyelash primer is a complete gimmick, unnecessary in my opinion. I'd just swap mascara if I were you ... in my experience, the cheaper ones actually tend to be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Yeah I don't want to buy eye primer unless it works. Yes I love maybelline colossal mascara..almost perfect but they're real give me the fake eyelashes look that I love..of course I don't love the black all over my eyes a while later!
    This is something I want for my wedding day as I don't want to wear fake eyelashes.

Try the Essence one. Or Rimmel. I have no problem with splashing out on makeup, and it's worth it for some items, like eyeliner/foundation/primer. But for mascara, the cheaper ones are actually much better in my opinion - and I've tried them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Essence mascaras are brilliant! The one in the pink bottle think it's called extreme lash is great for nights out!
    I got the trial size they're real and found it good but wouldn't pay €20 or whatever for the full size (would love to try Lancôme hypnosis but couldn't spend it incase I hated it)! Collection do one pretty much the same thing as the benefit one!
    But a different cheap one every 6 weeks or something u til you find the one that suits you? At 3-4 euro it's not to bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Yeah I don't want to buy eye primer unless it works. Yes I love maybelline colossal mascara..almost perfect but they're real give me the fake eyelashes look that I love..of course I don't love the black all over my eyes a while later!
    This is something I want for my wedding day as I don't want to wear fake eyelashes.

Well an eye primer will only help with product on your eyelid. I think you just need to change mascara, go back to a mascara that's worked for you in the past. I love benefit roller lash, but given your having problems with another benefit mascara probably best to avoid that brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

There's really no need for either topcoats or primers when you have a good mascara.

Thanks all! I will try some of those 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

There's really no need for either topcoats or primers when you have a good mascara.

I've tried a ridiculous amount of mascaras and none last more than a few hours without smudging. I've read up on it and it seems partly to do with how much product you use under your eyes and how wet your actual eyes are.
    God knows if its true but I've yet to find the perfect one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Google tubing mascaras, I can't use any other type of mascara or end up with panda eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I might be of no help to you whatsoever but... is it just the bottom lashes that are smudging? If you mascara'd your top lashes only would it smudge? If it's just the bottom lashes smudging perhaps you could tint your bottom lashes so you wouldn't have to put mascara on them?
    Do you have oily eyelids? Could that be causing the mascara to smudge? Do you use an eyelid primer?

idunno78 wrote: »
    Essence mascaras are brilliant! The one in the pink bottle think it's called extreme lash is great for nights out!
    I got the trial size they're real and found it good but wouldn't pay €20 or whatever for the full size (would love to try Lancôme hypnosis but couldn't spend it incase I hated it)! Collection do one pretty much the same thing as the benefit one!
    But a different cheap one every 6 weeks or something u til you find the one that suits you? At 3-4 euro it's not to bad!

Lancome Hypnose is good, especially the waterproof one, however I find that I only really ever get 6-8 weeks out of any mascara before they stop being as effective (that's with wearing it most days.) So I just can't justify spending that kind of money unless they're on offer.

OP have you considered eyelash extensions maybe? Never tried them myself but I've heard good things about them.

Must keep eye for sample size of it! Dunno do they do that. Though!
    I got lash extensions! Didn't like them. Looked all bare when a few fell out and my lashes weren't in great condition after for some reason! I'd have decent enough length in them but took ages for them to return to normal after! LVL lashes are great but you still would need mascara so kinda defeats the purpose I suppose!

I have used eyelashe extension but I'd prefer not to.
    I have oily skin but I don't have racoon eyes with any other mascara, from top and bottom lashes I've also never had such amazing results

Booked in for my first eyelash extensions in a couple of days. CANNOT WAIT!

The girl doing my nails yesterday showed me a picture of a girl she'd done earlier that morning, and OMG, the massive black dramatic sweeping effect was amazing!

By the way, for various reasons, I'm off the radar for three months from Monday, with no phone or internet access. Will this be a problem with the extensions, i.e. is aftercare etc required ...?

Booked in for my first eyelash extensions in a couple of days. CANNOT WAIT!

The girl doing my nails yesterday showed me a picture of a girl she'd done earlier that morning, and OMG, the massive black dramatic sweeping effect was amazing!

By the way, for various reasons, I'm off the radar for three months from Monday, with no phone or internet access. Will this be a problem with the extensions, i.e. is aftercare etc required ...?

No unless you wanted to keep getting them done you will be fine! They will just fall out like your own lashes fall out! They will tell you aftercare which as far as I can remember is just now shower after and use a oil free eye cleanser. Best of luck x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I've never had this issue with They're Real. Do you rub your eyes much?

Advertisement