Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Boxes - Recommendations/Advice

Options
  • 11-07-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping it's ok to post this here. Just looking for some advice on getting a custom wooden box produced, as I'm not sure where to start looking or what a reasonable price would be.

I have a small retail business, and I'm looking for a new supplier of wooden boxes. The design is a very basic rectangular box, made from around 9mm OSB, with the dimensions approximately 300x200x200mm.

New-Box-Drawing-2016.jpg

Any tips or recommendations appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You would need to specify the base as well. Never worked with OSB - will it stand up to hard abuse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

How many would be required

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

OSB doesnt fix too well with butt joints and screws, unless a corner fillet
    is used for strength.

So weight may be an issue in the construction process.......is it.

@Recipio if you,ve never worked with OSB...............you,ve missed out on nothing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

kadman wrote: »
    OSB doesnt fix too well with butt joints and screws, unless a corner fillet
    is used for strength.

So weight may be an issue in the construction process.......is it.

@Recipio if you,ve never worked with OSB...............you,ve missed out on nothing:)

Like trying to join Wheatabix ? :D

Advertisement