Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

08 santa fe or 08 sorrento

• 11-07-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Needed more for space in them than towing. With more kids we need something bigger for a run around but needs to have high ground clearance. I know I could buy an older better make but TBH I am worried about problems insuring older stuff. So of these 2 makes which is more reliable? I prefer the look of the santa fe but I wonder if the sorrento is just better. Don't want to but a money pit .. ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think either model is fine if they have been well maintained. I would look at both models and buy the one you see in best condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Probably sorento even though it has less seats, it's got a better drivetrain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Probably sorento even though it has less seats, it's got a better drivetrain.

Do the engines in those Sorrentos not have a terrible reputation or it that just the older ones?

You may be thinking of the sportage?
    Sorento is 2.5

No, thinking of the Sorrento, I always thought the reason why they're so cheap second hand was because the engines were crap.

Are you saying the engines are pretty good and trouble free?

• Advertisement

It's the tax that kills them more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had an '06 Sorento. Never had an ounce of bother with the engine. We did have issues with lining of fuel tank coming away but that was resolved by changing tank. The model changed in 07 though I think. Check on Honest John for the model you are thinking of.

So they wouldn't be bad value as a commercial when compared to a Pajero or Landcruiser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

One thing is watch for on the Santa Fe is has the clutch and flywheel been changed.
    Notorious issue on the second gen.
    I made sure that one I bought had been changed first

Advertisement