Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rise of Chatbots

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The benefit of Chatbots for commerce and social is expanding every day. An idea generator thread I thought would be an interesting topic.

Unlike Apps you don’t need to be an expert in Tech to understand and build your own for either commerce of social ideas.

I’ve built my own but I don’t want to shamelessly plug it unless I’m allowed to do so. I’ll happily PM people.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Chatbots? Are you building your own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

See lots of these being advertised for customer service chat service. Wouldn't be something I would want to implement myself right now but can see why people would. Wonder how long it is until more people are chatting to chatbots online than other people only a matter of time surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

It's an interesting progression alright. I wouldn't say anyone would be able to build their own, in fact I would imagine there'll be a massive difference between a well designed/deployed chatbot and a bad one. The former being an asset for your business and the latter doing damage by providing terrible customer experiences, losing potential sales, wasting leads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Chatbots and their api's will remove the need for many a human interface, especially in process driven work. see Lawyerbot who saved over €3million in parking fines. How did you build your MJCD ? I'm glad to see this topic come up btw Sysprog

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MJCD

Chatbots and their api's will remove the need for many a human interface, especially in process driven work. see Lawyerbot who saved over €3million in parking fines. How did you build your MJCD ? I'm glad to see this topic come up btw Sysprog

I found a shared source code on github and made a few simple adjustments and improvements. Then linked it to Smooch.io to push it onto FB messenger.
    I'm not a programmer however I can understand how applications communicate once I dive into the instructions.
    The Bot I build is strictly a instruction scripted Bot. The use of buttons to direct the flow of conversation makes it very easy to use. Conversational Commerce looks very exciting in the coming years.

I built the Bot to show my CV in an informal manner and tell you a few other interests that would normally not make it on to a CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It would be great for Revenue to implement something like this. Navigating their website can be a nightmare if you are starting off. You're question could be simple like "How much VAT should I charge in my clothes business" and you are end up on a page listing every possible combination of goods which may or may not be liable to VAT. A few simple questions from a chatbot would narrow down your circumstances and give you a clear answer.

Here is the story mentioned my sysprogrammer btw, its an interesting read
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2016/06/28/this-teens-lawyer-bot-is-busting-thousands-of-parking-tickets/#6882b9d410e1

• Advertisement
Advertisement