Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 - geometry question

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm planning my next road bike purchase, and am considering the Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 (Size M).
    I find that the most comfortable seating position for me is when the seat is almost same level as the handlebar (maybe just 1-2 cm higher).
    As I never had a chance to examine an Endurace in real-life, I turn to you for help :-)

What has me concerned, is that all photos I see of the Endurace, consistently show the seat positioned quite high, and I'm not sure if this might be due to a limitation, e.g. due to the seat post 'leaf' design not allowing it to be pushed down too low.
    The official Endurance page on Canyon website, also doesn't show any rings below/above the stem that would allow some handlebar positioning.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback from Endurace CF owners

Thanks!
    Adiror

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Worth talking to Canyon online too via their chat as I have an Endurace cf slx 8 on order from there and their chat for sizing was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 adiror

Thanks James. Just had a chat with support, and they claim it can be adjusted to handlebar level, albeit it would be uncomfortable.
    Another interesting bit, is that all photos I see published by Endurace owners (2016 model) show that the stem has spacer-rings below/above it allowing some height adjustment if needed.
    However the official photo on the site shows a stem without any spacer-rings.
    The rep also confirmed that to be the case.
    I wonder why would Canyon alter this options for extra adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

adiror wrote: »
    Thanks James. Just had a chat with support, and they claim it can be adjusted to handlebar level, albeit it would be uncomfortable.
    Another interesting bit, is that all photos I see published by Endurace owners (2016 model) show that the stem has spacer-rings below/above it allowing some height adjustment if needed.

I'm not sure exactly what point you're getting at here, but if you're asking why the stock photos wouldn't reflect the presence of spacers when you buy it, and thus capacity for adjustment, quite simply most bikes look and thus photograph better without a stack of them, and especially they look worse with a load of spacers over the stem! I've an Endurace that I picked up last year, and it has several (can't recall exactly how many) 5mm spacers between the headset and the stem.

Thanks for your reply. Yes that's what I was referring to - but the rep said they no longer supply the Endurance with the spacers (as the stock photo is now showing), nor with room/ability to add any after-market spacers.
    Hope he is wrong.

Thanks for your reply. Yes that's what I was referring to - but the rep said they no longer supply the Endurance with the spacers (as the stock photo is now showing), nor with room/ability to add any after-market spacers.
    Hope he is wrong.

That sounds strange dosent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

they no longer supply the Endurance with the spacers (as the stock photo is now showing), nor with room/ability to add any after-market spacers.
    Hope he is wrong.

I got an Endurace CF 9 about a month ago and it definitely has spacers.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Product page also indicates 27mm spacer, excluding the headset height of 16mm, so I'd be very sceptical of the claim that there are none myself: https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/endurace/2016/endurace-cf-9-0.html (look at/under the geometry chart)

I got an Endurace CF 9 about a month ago and it definitely has spacers.

What size did you go for? Nice bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I ended up with an XS :o

(The calculator said something to the effect that I would normally be S size but the XS would be a better fit particularly regarding saddle height)

I was half expecting a child's bike but it doesn't seem XS to me!

Seven Worlds will Collide

I ended up with an XS :o

(The calculator said something to the effect that I would normally be S size but the XS would be a better fit particularly regarding saddle height)

I was half expecting a child's bike but it doesn't seem XS to me!

I am between an xs and s and I am 172cm (5ft 8) but they advised me to go S , the CF SLX sizing is different than the CF 9.0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You can flip the stem or use a stem with an adjustable angle.

I think I may be missing something here. You're varying your saddle height to match your bars??? But your saddle height is a function of your leg length. It's a fixed measurement regardless of the bike. You don't bring your saddle up or down for comfort, you vary the height of your bars using spacers etc. .

There are ever attachments you can get to increase your bar height, can't remember what they're called.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    You can flip the stem or use a stem with an adjustable angle.

I think I may be missing something here. You're varying your saddle height to match your bars??? But your saddle height is a function of your leg length. It's a fixed measurement regardless of the bike. You don't bring your saddle up or down for comfort, you vary the height of your bars using spacers etc. .

There are ever attachments you can get to increase your bar height, can't remember what they're called.

Stem riser/extender? Just be aware it could be tricky to get one of them for a Canyon due to their non-standard 1.25" steerers....

Thanks all for the informative and helpful input!

Advertisement