Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five Tens - Where to buy?

Options
  • 11-07-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Does anybody know anywhere in the Limerick Area that sells Five Ten mtb shoes?
    I will probably buy them online, but I'd like to make sure of the fit first!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Ah here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does anybody know anywhere in the Limerick Area that sells Five Ten mtb shoes?
    I will probably buy them online, but I'd like to make sure of the fit first!
    It's a bit unfair to go into a bike shop to check for size and then buy on line. If we all did that, there would be no bike shops and the people who would complain most would probably be those that buy online.

If they fit in the bike shop, buy them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Or factor in the cost of returning a pair that doesn't fit in your price comparison and offer the shop the chance to price-match...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 markfoley04

It's a bit unfair to go into a bike shop to check for size and then buy on line. If we all did that, there would be no bike shops and the people who would complain most would probably be those that buy online.

If they fit in the bike shop, buy them there.

Fair point, the price variation is very small anyway, can't be found cheap.

I always support my local bike shop, even though I don't find them particularly friendly.

So does anyone know where I can find them? I do seem to only find them online and it's a risk assuming the size will be correct.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Fair point, the price variation is very small anyway, can't be found cheap.

I always support my local bike shop, even though I don't find them particularly friendly.

So does anyone know where I can find them? I do seem to only find them online and it's a risk assuming the size will be correct.

Always? Your first post suggest otherwise.

I used to buy a lot of stuff online. More recently I've gotten to know my LBS (they now know me by name) and am very happy spending money there as they try to do their best on price.

The last major purchase I had was a replacement rear di2 mech. Priced it on line after a crash and went in fearing the best. The sourced it and fitted it for about €50 less than what Chainreaction wanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement