Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Setanta Customer

Options
  • 11-07-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm an Eir broadband customer and got the letter saying I'm entitled to Eir Sports. I was already paying an Annual subscription to Setanta Sports which started last September.

I rang Eir enquiring about a partial refund and they said I would need to go onto the Eir Sport website to claim it.
    I went onto the website and it said I had to ring Eir Sport to claim it.
    I rang them and they said it could be only done over the website and gave me instructions on what to do.
    I went onto the Eir Sports website and hit Subscribe and filled in my details and my Sky viewing card number like they said. I'm just wondering is that all I have to do? How do I actually get the refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

alfman wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm an Eir broadband customer and got the letter saying I'm entitled to Eir Sports. I was already paying an Annual subscription to Setanta Sports which started last September.

I rang Eir enquiring about a partial refund and they said I would need to go onto the Eir Sport website to claim it.
    I went onto the website and it said I had to ring Eir Sport to claim it.
    I rang them and they said it could be only done over the website and gave me instructions on what to do.
    I went onto the Eir Sports website and hit Subscribe and filled in my details and my Sky viewing card number like they said. I'm just wondering is that all I have to do? How do I actually get the refund?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]alfman,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for any confusion caused, our eir Sport department should be able to arrange a refund for you on 0818203040.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Pamela,

Is this refund available immediately??? I got a phone call a month ago asking me to renew my contract with Eir. The added carrot of a full refund of my annual Setanta subscription (paid in late May) was part of my deal. 

Also i signed up to a deal for 18 months for €50/month broadband. How can you increase the price of this 'deal' by €7 just two weeks later?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

I rang Eir Sport and they told me that there is a 'backlog' of refunds to process so it could be a while before I get it.

griffzinho wrote: »
    Pamela,

Is this refund available immediately??? I got a phone call a month ago asking me to renew my contract with Eir. The added carrot of a full refund of my annual Setanta subscription (paid in late May) was part of my deal. 

Also i signed up to a deal for 18 months for €50/month broadband. How can you increase the price of this 'deal' by €7 just two weeks later?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]griffzinho,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you have requested your refund this will be refunded to you within 28 days.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have received the price increase letter this would apply to your account.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

I rang Eir Sport and they told me that there is a 'backlog' of refunds to process so it could be a while before I get it.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this with the eir Sport team and you should receive your refund within 28 days [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]alfman[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif].[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭alfman

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this with the eir Sport team and you should receive your refund within 28 days [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]alfman[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif].[/font]

Thanks Pamela.

Thanks Pamela.
    No problem alfman :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement