Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start-up bank Account

Options
  • 11-07-2016 12:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi, any advice is welcome.

I am looking to open a business account, besides BOI and AIB, is there any others?
    Anyone care to give their experience of either or another?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AIB allow you to have a personal account which is a lot cheaper and will just have your name t/a company name as the account name. I used them for years never had any problems and the online service is pretty good. I am guessing you could get an account with any bank you want surely they all have some business offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Whissst wrote: »

I am looking to open a business account, besides BOI and AIB, is there any others?
    Thanks.

I've deleted all I was going to post here in case I offended anyone.

DubTony wrote: »
    I've deleted all I was going to post here in case I offended anyone.

Dam missed it lol!

jimmii wrote: »
    Dam missed it lol!

You had your chance. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Whissst

Why is boards.ie full of this? Either give some helpful info or don't, your choice ..what did anyone do to deserve to be offended??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Why is boards.ie full of this? Either give some helpful info or don't, your choice ..what did anyone do to deserve to be offended??

It can hardly be that people would come on here, having done /little or no research of their own, and then to expect to be spoon fed.

Ulster and Permanent TSB also offer business banking.

Boards is full of this because some people have become sick of others asking a stupid question and expecting a sensible answer (particularly on this forum). Despite what you may have been told by teachers and maybe others, there is such a thing as a stupid question ... and yours qualified.

Everyone's experience with any given organisation is different, so therefore asking for somebody's experience with one is pointless, as the answers given will have no bearing on what experience you may have. If you're going to base the selection of a bank on the experiences of strangers, you might as well walk down a street and ask there ... but you wouldn't do that, because that would be a stupid thing to do.

This is the Entrepreneurial and Business Management forum. In that context your question was as relevant as "What colour is like yellow?" and "How does an apple grow?"
    Is (sic) there any others?
    If I said NO you'd likely rattle off the names of a few, so that question was pointless. But so I couldn't be accused of not helping out, I searched Google for you and found this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 webfruits

Holvi bank is an interesting new Bank.
    They have invoice/bookeeping and a online store built into it.

about. holvi. com/en/ - cant post links yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

That looks very promising. Not available in Ireland though sadly...
    webfruits wrote: »
    Holvi bank is an interesting new Bank.
    They have invoice/bookeeping and a online store built into it.

about. holvi. com/en/ - cant post links yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The trouble with the AIB personal account and using it under the t/a name is that there's a difference in what's on your card and the name on the account so some online verification portals can have a canary at this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks.

Use the search function and you will find the same question asked and answered multiple times..the same for internet banking and anything else related.

duploelabs wrote: »
    The trouble with the AIB personal account and using it under the t/a name is that there's a difference in what's on your card and the name on the account so some online verification portals can have a canary at this

That's got to be pretty rare never come across that and never heard of it before! That would be very annoying if it was a site you used pretty often you would think that would be something they would have got sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hey OP, I've done a fair amount of research and actual "testing" of banks and I am happiest with AIB.

jimmii wrote: »
    That's got to be pretty rare never come across that and never heard of it before! That would be very annoying if it was a site you used pretty often you would think that would be something they would have got sorted ASAP.

Nope, it's craps out with the 'verified by visa' portal on whichever site utilises it

Nope, it's craps out with the 'verified by visa' portal on whichever site utilises it

even if you enter exactly the name on the card?

mrawkward wrote: »
    even if you enter exactly the name on the card?

:rolleyes: YES

Strange they wouldn't fix that seems like a bit of an oversight! Guess it's one of those tech things that seems super obvious to fix but is actually a massive amount of work. Weird I never came across maybe I was just lucky with the companies I was using.

Or just use a different card and expense claim it. Hardly a deal breaker, AIB online portal is excellent compared to most others.

Advertisement