Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on opening a car wash

Options
  • 11-07-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

I am thinking of opening a car wash in the northwest of Ireland, But I am having trouble finding a suitable location and not knowing what the rules are in terms of water drainage and usage.

I am currently looking at a franchise option eco car wash? Although Im not sure I want to go down that route, 1. They don't use a powerwash. 2. They are a franchise so I wouldn't have full control. But on the up side they get you a prime location.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I would think the market for car washes is limited in Sligo. There is an eco wash type place in the quayside shopping centre where they wash your car with steam I think. There are loads of places will wash your car down the quays, pearse road etc.... Not to mention the carwashes in nearly every petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daniel77

I know what you mean, There is a good amount of pop up car washes, Would you recommend any good locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Is the car washed when the driver is with it or will the car be dropped off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

Eco wash won't work as well with mucky muddy rural cars, unlike a bigger city,I think Sligo cars/jeeps and trailers would need a proper power wash. Trade users such as motor dealers/ fleet managers won't use Eco wash, too much potential for scratching in a mucky environment .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The 2 hand car washes on Ballast Key on the way into Finisklin must make a killing. The one nearest the river has an almost constant Queue of 5 cars at it. Rain or shine, I have seen cars going in and its pouring down. Madness.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Not a business I would think is in short supply, 14 euro for a car wash and mini valet on Pearse Road, 7 euro for a wash down the quay with the wheel back to black stuff and a great wash (the one on the right on the way down) , three that I know off in Ballymote alone. There was one where Supermacs is out the Donegal Road it was a 4 bay place, didn't last too long. Maybe somewhere out the Collooney side might be a runner as the one at the roundabout gets busy.

Advertisement