Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self taught Leaving Cert

Options
  • 11-07-2016 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm considering registering to sit the Irish, English and Maths LC exams in 2017. I work full time so a day course isn't an option for me. I also looked at some distance learning course providers e.g. Kilroys, but the course with them seems to be pretty self directed anyway, so I'm considering picking up some text books and old exam papers and giving it a go myself. I have a primary and Masters degree, both achieved as a mature student, so study isn't new to me. I thought that perhaps any costs associated with registering with a course provider, could be better spent on grinds in Irish/Maths if needed. Has anyone on these boards every tried this or heard of someone who has? I'd love to hear from you if you have!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Hi Friend,
    Kilroys would be good if you are the type of learner that requires structure in order to excel. Given that you have two degrees you should be right giving this a bash by yourself. It would be good to know what subject areas your degrees are in in order to advise you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Slightly off topic - but you have a job, degree and a masters. Why are you doing the LC? Just curious

Advertisement