Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle parking Cork airport

Options
  • 11-07-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anybody know if there is anywhere to lock up a bicycle in Cork airport. I'm taking an early morning flight, and coming back late in the evening, and I'd be nearly quicker cycling up there than taking a taxi. But I figure they would be a bit quicker to remove bicycles around the airport, so I'm not sure if I should just leave it locked to some railing. Anybody know if there is actual bicycle stands at the airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Theres a bike shelter up there. Easiest way to find it is cycle to the terminal, go onto the footpath and head back towards the old terminal. Youll see a little tunnel, Its on the left, just on the far side of that.
    Most people just lock them to the side of a trolley bay in the multi storey car park tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

.red. wrote: »
    Theres a bike shelter up there. Easiest way to find it is cycle to the terminal, go onto the footpath and head back towards the old terminal. Youll see a little tunnel, Its on the left, just on the far side of that.
    Most people just lock them to the side of a trolley bay in the multi storey car park tho.

They are starting to remove those as some of them are causing obstructions, best use the shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Brilliant, thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cudsy1

bump - is the shelter still there? are there any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Shelter is still there. In the Red car park. I don't think there's other options. Only a 3 minute walk to the check in area from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Bump again.

Is it still possible to park a bicycle at the airport? (say for 3 days?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah, in the Express Red Car Park. Walked passed it last week. The shelters are just by the tunnel that leads to the terminal. Assume you need to bring a lock.

Advertisement