Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation 2016 Waiting List

Options
  • 11-07-2016 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey all, just wondering other peoples' position on the waiting list and does anyone know what the last position is? I'm no. 2316 so I think I'm quite near the bottom... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CaptainNivek

Damn, I thought I was a unlucky with 1201. There are 908 beds available for first years so hopefully a coupld hundred students don't get UCD as first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 XC90_D5

Damn, I thought I was a unlucky with 1201. There are 908 beds available for first years so hopefully a coupld hundred students don't get UCD as first choice.

Hopefully a thousand don't get it! :rolleyes:

XC90_D5 wrote: »
    Hopefully a thousand don't get it! :rolleyes:

I've heard that under 1000 is guaranteed, and from viewing other threads on this forum over the years, some people over 2000 have gotten it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bytesize1

i'm number 2561..absolutely gutted i don't know what i'm going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 7 uhannigan

I'm gutted I'm number 2,498 :( but reading other threads they say if you're under 3,000 you have a good chance. Dunno whether to believe that or not but it's giving me hope

• Advertisement

hopefully! isnt there an increased amount of rooms available this year aswell?

As a matter of interest, when did you all put your names on the Waiting List. I have my suspicions about the "random allocation process"... :cool:

yea i was late putting mine down by like a week because my grandad had passed away and i hadn't realised it was open..thanks useless careers teacher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 uhannigan

As a matter of interest, when did you all put your names on the Waiting List. I have my suspicions about the "random allocation process"... :cool:

I literally applied the day because I had my suspicions too and since I'm from Kerry I really want the on campus accommodation but I'm 2,498

uhannigan wrote: »
    I literally applied the day because I had my suspicions too and since I'm from Kerry I really want the on campus accommodation but I'm 2,498

I only applied two weeks ago because I forgot about it so that's why I was suspicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭omicron

Anyone who is on the list now, you've a pretty good chance of getting a spot, last year they couldn't fill the place because they were charging so much and anyone could get rooms by late September. This year theres an extra 300+ spots due to a new building so I wouldn't worry too much.

uhannigan wrote: »
    I'm gutted I'm number 2,498 :( but reading other threads they say if you're under 3,000 you have a good chance. Dunno whether to believe that or not but it's giving me hope

Yeah I wouldn't start panicking, you are in with a chance if you are under 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Hi I'm number 2410 on waiting list totally gutted also but i was told that last year students that were in the 2000 region got places but it took 3 days you just have to wait a bit longer. Also last year 2 weeks after college started accommodation became available. Are other people booking alternative accommodation just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

Is it possible to pass on your place on the waiting list because I was giving 79 but I may not be staying in the student accommodation.

God I hope not or there's no hope for the rest of us who are at the bottom of waiting list

Hey all, just wondering other peoples' position on the waiting list and does anyone know what the last position is? I'm no. 2316 so I think I'm quite near the bottom... :(

Last position is 2800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Treatycat wrote: »
    Last position is 2800

Where did you find that out?

I rang the campus accommodation office yesterday morning and they told me around 2800 applied

Treatycat wrote: »
    I rang the campus accommodation office yesterday morning and they told me around 2800 applied

Ah ok. Thanks for that information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 maireadH

They told me 2900. From what I was able to find out there are fewer places for first years this year. It's about 900 but was over 1000 last year.

Advertisement