Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option to screed an extension?

Options
  • 11-07-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Ok so we had a car port extension put on the back of the house a few years ago for the dogs to stay in its 100% water tight and all that it is a timber build with pvc roof. It was built on top of a existing patio and the flooring in the room has been the patio until now.

I have 70mm to work with up to the level of the door entrance and am thinking to put down a layer of DPC then 25mm insulation board and lastly 35mm-40mm of screed on top to give me a nice level floor to work with that is more pleasing than a outside patio.

First time concreting something this size the room is roughly 3x2.5m so its not huge but of a decent size and I have worked out I will need about 0.275 M3 of screed. Do people think I should have it ordered and delivered or would I be ok to rent a mixer and make up that much myself before it set?

If you have any improvements on my plan do let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

jg3114 wrote: »
    Ok so we had a car port extension put on the back of the house a few years ago for the dogs to stay in its 100% water tight and all that it is a timber build with pvc roof. It was built on top of a existing patio and the flooring in the room has been the patio until now.

I have 70mm to work with up to the level of the door entrance and am thinking to put down a layer of DPC then 25mm insulation board and lastly 35mm-40mm of screed on top to give me a nice level floor to work with that is more pleasing than a outside patio.

First time concreting something this size the room is roughly 3x2.5m so its not huge but of a decent size and I have worked out I will need about 0.275 M3 of screed. Do people think I should have it ordered and delivered or would I be ok to rent a mixer and make up that much myself before it set?

If you have any improvements on my plan do let me know.

Thanks
    Screed is too thin, need 65 min. 25mm insulation imo would not be worth the hassle. Does the timber frame sit on the patio? What is patio made of?

Advertisement