Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan , Irish credit bureau

• 11-07-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi there ,

I totalled my car in an accident and need to buy a replacement, I was think of taking out 15k , thing is I am mortgage approved and do not want to risk getting my Morgage

If I take a loan from a credit Union , does the Irish leagues of credit union loan report this as financ to Irish credit bureau.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Hi there ,

I totalled my car in an accident and need to buy a replacement, I was think of taking out 15k , thing is I am mortgage approved and do not want to risk getting my Morgage

If I take a loan from a credit Union , does the Irish leagues of credit union loan report this as financ to Irish credit bureau.

Thanks

Most Credit Unions are now affiliated to the ICB. I'm not sure however if the bank who you are applying for a mortgage with will check your ICB record again, maybe someone else can advise that.

However...
    Limit your risks and get a runaround for <5k (loads out there) until you are in your new place. The Credit union will still be there then if you are in a position to pay both mortgage and car loan.

Advertisement