Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is Joe Allen suspended for just the one game next weekend right?

Yes. Will he be back in his usual defensive role though is the real question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yes. Will he be back in his usual defensive role though is the real question.

In my opinion no. He's been excellent in the number 10 role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wengwr said Sanchez was still feeling effects of hamstring injury against united
    Don't know if I can captain him as planned next weekend now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    Wengwr said Sanchez was still feeling effects of hamstring injury against united
    Don't know if I can captain him as planned next weekend now

It'd be nice if he was rested against PSG, but I doubt it. Would still be surprised to see him benched against Bournemouth since that would be a 10 day break between starts. Stoke H more chance of rotation with Everton A midweek Man City A following week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't think I'll be captaining Sanchez at home against the "easier" teams any more. Three of his four double digit scores have been away from home. Plus you have to accept that he will blank for a few games and then hit an explosive score so that makes it even harder to pick him on the right week. I'd prefer to have it on Firmino/Coutinho next week due to Pool's high scoring home form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It'd be nice if he was rested against PSG, but I doubt it. Would still be surprised to see him benched against Bournemouth since that would be a 10 day break between starts. Stoke H more chance of rotation with Everton A midweek Man City A following week
    It'd be crazy from Wenger to bench Sanchez (unless he's really injured) in the game to decide who's gonna top their CL group. Being second makes the second round a lot harder and Arsenal have a history of getting tough draws.

iroced wrote: »
    It'd be crazy from Wenger to bench Sanchez (unless he's really injured) in the game to decide who's gonna top their CL group. Being second makes the second round a lot harder and Arsenal have a history of getting tough draws.

if he starts midweek he will not start at the weekend
    that's a lot of money to be on our bench when we need money ........

I don’t think it really matters 1st or 2nd this season, personally. Wenger has also fielded 2nd string teams in the 6th group match before with top spot up for grabs. But I don’t think Alexis will be benched and I think he would be upset if he didn't play on Wed

if he starts midweek he will not start at the weekend
    that's a lot of money to be on our bench when we need money ........
    Easy then. Sanchez -> KDB. There's always a solution :cool:. You could even add Aguero -> Kane :p...

I don’t think it really matters 1st or 2nd this season, personally. Wenger has also fielded 2nd string teams in the 6th group match before with top spot up for grabs. But I don’t think Alexis will be benched and I think he would be upset if he didn't play on Wed
    Yeah true that many groups have a second as tough as the first but the return leg at home and the stats largely favours the teams finishing first.

That said, PSG is far from firing on all cylinders this year and they have many injuries so even without Sanchez, Arsenal could secure top spot.

Mark Mann-Bryans ‏@MarkyMBryans 1h1 hour ago
    Out at #AFC training where Ramsey and Walcott are absent. Only having a rest and expected to both be available tomorrow night.

Arsene Wenger plans to give Alexis Sanchez a winter break to ensure he is firing for the season finale.
    The Chilean has made 16 appearances for the Gunners so far this season, the most of any player in the Arsenal squad.
    And Wenger wants to avoid any potential of Sanchez burning out and is keen to give his star forward some extra time off in the next few weeks.
    Arsenal can secure top spot in their Champions League group with victory against Paris Saint Germain on Wednesday, meaning Sanchez could be afforded some down time ahead of their final pool fixture against Basel on December 6.
    The week ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup third-round fixture on the weekend starting January 7 is also an option open to Wenger as he looks to preserve Sanchez’s legs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3958734/Arsenal-star-Alexis-Sanchez-granted-winter-break-Arsene-Wenger-bid-avoid-burnout.html#ixzz4QjsEG1FT

That's a bit of a nothing story though. What's a "break"? 1 week off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Mark Mann-Bryans ‏@MarkyMBryans 1h1 hour ago
    Out at #AFC training where Ramsey and Walcott are absent. Only having a rest and expected to both be available tomorrow night.

Arsene Wenger plans to give Alexis Sanchez a winter break to ensure he is firing for the season finale.
    The Chilean has made 16 appearances for the Gunners so far this season, the most of any player in the Arsenal squad.
    And Wenger wants to avoid any potential of Sanchez burning out and is keen to give his star forward some extra time off in the next few weeks.
    Arsenal can secure top spot in their Champions League group with victory against Paris Saint Germain on Wednesday, meaning Sanchez could be afforded some down time ahead of their final pool fixture against Basel on December 6.
    The week ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup third-round fixture on the weekend starting January 7 is also an option open to Wenger as he looks to preserve Sanchez’s legs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3958734/Arsenal-star-Alexis-Sanchez-granted-winter-break-Arsene-Wenger-bid-avoid-burnout.html#ixzz4QjsEG1FT

That's a bit of a nothing story though. What's a "break"? 1 week off?

Yep, the term 'winter break' is pretty misleading if they are actually referring to him being rest for an FA 3rd round game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Basel and Stoke games could be a little break.

Yeah this 'winter break' is a deceptively exaggerated term. A 'winter break' would be Sanchez back to Chile or wherever he wants for 2 weeks during Christmas (a small version of Bundesliga winter break). That would make life much easier for us in the game. But ain't gonna happen.

Kane reportedly being assessed for an injury (or reoccurrence of previous injury).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Aguero limping at end of their game, looked like he wanted to be subbed, oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Aguero & Sanchez looking unlikely folks??

Aguero & Sanchez looking unlikely folks??

Quite the opposite from what I've read.

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 16m16 minutes ago
    Friend is the only injury absentee: "I think this week is just George. I prefer to think it’s 3/4 weeks [but] I don’t know how long." #UTB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Will Geoff Cameron make it this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

mectavba wrote: »
    Will Geoff Cameron make it this weekend?

groundhog_day_68538.jpg

FHFC wrote: »
    groundhog_day_68538.jpg

Aaannnnd...no cameron again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Bah! Kyle Walker away to Chelsea it is! Not worth wasting a transfer on changing Cameron. He'll be back next week, surely..............

mectavba wrote: »
    Bah! Kyle Walker away to Chelsea it is! Not worth wasting a transfer on changing Cameron. He'll be back next week, surely..............

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/802112111883284480

Manchester City ‏@ManCity 6m6 minutes ago
    PEP: Sergio is not injured but he has a problem in his foot. Today he has traIning at 4pm and we will see his condition. Zabaleta as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What does not injured but has a problem in his foot actually mean.

Maybe he has a problem with his foot in that its failing to put the ball into the fooking net lately. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Could be just slight bruising or he may be thinking of resting him and putting this out there as a reason for it.

• Advertisement

Manchester City ‏@ManCity 6m6 minutes ago
    PEP: Sergio is not injured but he has a problem in his foot. Today he has traIning at 4pm and we will see his condition. Zabaleta as well.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/11/25/man-city-training-gallery-25-november-2016/1480098177973

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So. Aguero seemed to have trained normally and has no pb?

there was a photo of him standing up with other people, so yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is Kun close to a suspension for yellows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

manual_man wrote: »
    Is Kun close to a suspension for yellows?

3 in the league anyway. Not sure about league cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Firmino yellow flagged. Anyone watch the game or know what happened him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Firmino yellow flagged. Anyone watch the game or know what happened him?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101787650&postcount=519

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ben Dinnery‏ @BenDinnery
    #LFC fear they could be without Philippe Coutinho until the New Year amid fears he suffered ankle ligament damage against Sunderland. #AFC

What's the story with Holebas? Just seen he was subbed at the 55th min and is yellow flagged now.

Wenger confirms giroud has a hamstring injury
    Walcott kick on leg nothing serious

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Wenger confirms giroud has a hamstring injury
    Walcott kick on leg nothing serious

really? where did you see this? did giroud not finish the game fine?

• Advertisement

really? where did you see this? did giroud not finish the game fine?

No I spotted it at the end of the game when whistle went he was down holding hamstring
    Wenger has been quoted this evening saying all of the above
    And debuchy has a severe hamstring injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Has there been any update on Heaton's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Coutinho out for up to 6 weeks according to Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

patmac wrote: »
    Coutinho out for up to 6 weeks according to Ben

Not as bad as expected. Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

What's the story with Holebas? Just seen he was subbed at the 55th min and is yellow flagged now.

Got a tweet back from Ben Dinnery saying he's "being assessed".

https://goo.gl/MuiY1q
    coutinho article

Yeah, L'Equipe reported 6 weeks out, could be back against MU on 15th January.

Classic since I had just bought him in :pac:...

Yeah, L'Equipe reported 6 weeks out, could be back against MU on 15th January.

Classic since I had just bought him in :pac:...

PLEASE don't sign Kane
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just brought in Giroud! Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

With Coutinho out is that Cans place fairly solid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement