Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

McAuley was going on my bench anyway so not so bad for me.

I can play kone too but I prob would have sold McCauley instead of holebas this week as they were both being sold soon anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    I can play kone too but I prob would have sold McCauley instead of holebas this week as they were both being sold soon anyway

One of Foster or McAuley has to go soon for me, but I'm thinking of keeping McAuley for his goal threat. And Kone is a decent shout this week with Sunderland's resurgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

McAuley was going on my bench anyway so not so bad for me.
    Same. Hopefully though it's nothing serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

patmac wrote: »
    Not on the site, are you sure it's not his jersey colour you are seeing?

lol

All the more reason to transfer him out when I'm getting confused like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

• Advertisement

Bilic on Carroll:“hopefully he'll be fit for some part of the game this weekend but we have to be careful with him”.https://t.co/YE8cSj30Ho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

spock. wrote: »
    But no David Luiz, might affect Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bilic on Carroll:“hopefully he'll be fit for some part of the game this weekend but we have to be careful with him”.https://t.co/YE8cSj30Ho

Tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From Chelsea's website:
    With regards to player availability for Sunday’s game, Conte was pleased to report Nemanja Matic is available once again after missing the trip to Manchester City, although Oscar is sick. John Terry is the only other player unavailable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Tits.

Carroll has tits........no wonder he is such a boob!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not good news for Mustafi owners.
    Arsene Wenger expects centre-back Shkodran Mustafi to be sidelined for at least three weeks with a hamstring strain after getting injured in Saturday's 3-1 win over Stoke.

Mustafi had to come off after just 25 minutes at the Emirates, dealing an injury blow to the Gunners going into the busy Christmas period.

"It's a bad one," Wenger said about the German's hamstring strain. "The minimum [layoff] is 21 days. ... That means he'll have a nice Christmas."

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/3016534/arsenals-shkodran-mustafi-out-for-at-least-three-weeks-arsene-wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

For me, Bellerin is the the only arsenal option. The rest are hardly what you'd call a "must 'af(i)" type players in your team.

/coat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Do we know how long sturridge is out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

For me, Bellerin is the the only arsenal option. The rest are hardly what you'd call a "must 'af(i)" type players in your team.

/coat

Good effort but think you tried to orchestrate something that just wasn't there...like man city's defence.

Had to give the bellerin(g) on that sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was Cedric kidnapped before kickoff or what?

Can't see anything about him being injured/ill.

Lovern apparently went off with a cramp in his hamstring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Was Cedric kidnapped before kickoff or what?

Can't see anything about him being injured/ill.

Lovern apparently went off with a cramp in his hamstring

Yeah that's just fcking weird. And pretty annoying. The only thing i can think of is that Puel rested him after he played the full game Thursday and they have a hectic schedule. He seems to have decided to rest the full backs and only had room on bench for one of them.

“I changed some players because for me it was important to keep a good fitness. In the second half we showed a very good game."

Puel's comments suggest rest for Cedric. Nothing anywhere about him being injured. (He is not injury prone ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Puel's French vengeance after the last Euro final betrayal. The Portuguese should have just been happy to be there and lose like they used to do against their "Mother" nation :p.

According to Dinnery Cedric was rested and is not injured. Should be back on Wed.

• Advertisement

Emre Can was a challenge on Origi, knee on knee. They could both finish training but... I’ve never heard this ligament but already damaged. I’m not sure if he’s in doubt for Wednesday, Everton he will be back sure. It will be cool if he can play tomorrow.

Lovren was cramp, he told me he wanted to play, but I told him I want to play too and I haven’t been able to for 20 minutes.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-news-transfer-rumours-live-12298572

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Emre Can was a challenge on Origi, knee on knee. They could both finish training but... I’ve never heard this ligament but already damaged. I’m not sure if he’s in doubt for Wednesday, Everton he will be back sure. It will be cool if he can play tomorrow.

Lovren was cramp, he told me he wanted to play, but I told him I want to play too and I haven’t been able to for 20 minutes.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-news-transfer-rumours-live-12298572

My origi transfer is looking worse by the minute . Can back in wij or lallana wide and firmino central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any mumbles about any possible action against Mané?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

My origi transfer is looking worse by the minute . Can back in wij or lallana wide and firmino central.

No offence but really hope your right :) Firmino has stretched my patience, he's overdue a haul, but if he continues out on the wing, I don't see much joy for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Firmino up top again please Jurgen. Lets see some more celebrations featuring the teeth....

12522568_roberto-firminos-teeth-were-a-big-talking_te532e3b1.jpg

PARlance wrote: »
    Any mumbles about any possible action against Mané?

It seems to have gone unnoticed. Charlie Adam's "stamp" has been highlighted though.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Firmino up top again please Jurgen. Lets see some more celebrations featuring the teeth....

12522568_roberto-firminos-teeth-were-a-big-talking_te532e3b1.jpg

And less taking the top off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

brought in origi got rid of firmino, typical

Am I missing something or is that not talking about the reason Can missed yesterday. No suggestion that Origi is a doubt is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FHFC wrote: »
    Am I missing something or is that not talking about the reason Can missed yesterday. No suggestion that Origi is a doubt is there?

My thoughts too

Was just about to ask the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lads, the Can/Origi challenge took place BEFORE the West Ham game. It's why Can missed out.

As benimar stated the collision took place before yesterdays game. I brought in origi as I'd heard can was out for 2 weeks. Due to all the Liverpool injuries with can out I felt origi was nailed for the next few. However if can is fit he will prob start , wij or lallana move to where firmino has been playing and firmino move centrally. I'm bemoaning my move of bringing origi in last night.

As benimar stated the collision took place before yesterdays game. I brought in origi as I'd heard can was out for 2 weeks. Due to all the Liverpool injuries with can out I felt origi was nailed for the next few. However if can is fit he will prob start , wij or lallana move to where firmino has been playing and firmino move centrally. I'm bemoaning my move of bringing origi in last night.

That makes sense. Think Zieglers post and your comment nearly sparked a panic though!! :)

That makes sense. Think Zieglers post and your comment nearly sparked a panic though!! :)

Ye apologies. It followed on from an earlier discussion in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just read that Dembele is out for Spurs tonight. Kane has typically done a lot less when Dembele is not playing! Had i known this yesterday i would have changed captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Pep has said gundogan suffered knee ligament damage & will be out for "a long time"

Also word of warning for anyone bringing origi in, it appears he was subbed through injury.
    Maybe just as a precaution but I'd wait to hear what Klopp says before pulling the trigger

Callum Chambers will be assessed after picking an injury late on during the defeat to Liverpool. #UTB

Jesus Christ. Every defender I touch!!

Souare. Friend. Kone. Baines. Valencia. Cameron. Cedric. Now Chambers. All got injured soon after I brought them in.

Add in Collins who got dropped and that is bordering on bizarre.

Callum Chambers will be assessed after picking an injury late on during the defeat to Liverpool. #UTB

Souare. Friend. Kone. Baines. Valencia. Cameron. Cedric. Now Chambers. All got injured soon after I brought them in.

DO NOT SIGN PHIL JONES

• Advertisement

DO NOT SIGN PHIL JONES

This new skill would come in very handy if I supported a PL club and wanted to decimate rivals defences.

If Cedric not back soon I may get Jones!! :D

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Pep has said gundogan suffered knee ligament damage & will be out for "a long time"

Gundogan out for around 9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Gundogan out for around 9 months.

This is why I was surprised when City signed him. He seems to be constantly injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This is why I was surprised when City signed him. He seems to be constantly injured.

They signed him when he was injured :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Any update on the Origi or Hazard "knocks"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Not yellow flagged last time I checked - wonder what the story is?

Wanted Chambers or Friend if he's back for this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

With Gundogan out for the season, would I be right in assuming that Yaya should make the position in the middle his own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

mectavba wrote: »
    With Gundogan out for the season, would I be right in assuming that Yaya should make the position in the middle his own?

I wouldn't assume anything with Pep...

Gaston Ramirez [foot] has been training "but he's not 100%." Calum Chambers [shoulder] is OK. #UTB

Delighted to finally catch a break with injured defenders.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2m2 minutes ago
    Klopp on Emre Can: "He's in a good way."

Klopp on @DanielSturridge: "It's a maybe. He's close to team training. It's possible we could work with him today or tomorrow."

#EVELIV

• Advertisement
Advertisement