Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

“Cédric was ill for the last game against Stoke, but normally he comes back and is available for this game.”
    https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-12-16/team-news-claude-puel-afc-bournemouth-southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

“Cédric was ill for the last game against Stoke, but normally he comes back and is available for this game.”
    https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-12-16/team-news-claude-puel-afc-bournemouth-southampton

Tis a Christmas miracle.

Praise the sweet baby Jesus and the donkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Tis a Christmas miracle.

Praise the sweet baby Jesus and the donkey.

Hhmmmm
    I might sign him now
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anichebe facing a late fitness test. Really need him to start.

km79 wrote: »
    Hhmmmm
    I might sign him now
    :D

I doubt Cedric starts all of GW18-20, Saints have the least rest and Puel loves to rotate. VVD only safe option to start every match

I doubt Cedric starts all of GW18-20, Saints have the least rest and Puel loves to rotate. VVD only safe option to start every match

Id have expected the same but Cedric just had 2 games off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He likes a day off in the run up to Xmas, we all do.

Probably went shopping in Dundrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hazard available but unclear if he'll be involved:
    Good news Chelsea fans - Eden Hazard is available for selection on Saturday.

"We have to see if I decide to put Eden in the starting 11, but he is fit, today he trained, and then for sure not only for him but for the other players I give this night to decide because it is not easy to play three games in six days," said manager Antonio Conte.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37790819

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good sign, but sold him anyway. Can't afford to have doubtful and expensive player at this time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He'll play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

SlickRic wrote:
    He'll play.
    He better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

spock. wrote: »
    Anichebe facing a late fitness test. Really need him to start.

My Hazard/Anchibe to Erikson/Negredo could go very well but the way this week is going..............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Have 4 players yellow flagged now that Hazard has been unflagged. Happy with that but thought he would have to be play first.

So, should any of my other flagged guys (Origi, Can Pieters and Chambers) be cleared too?

Chambers now unflagged. That shows a consistency with the Hazard one.

ElTel wrote: »
    Have 4 players yellow flagged now that Hazard has been unflagged. Happy with that but thought he would have to be play first.

So, should any of my other flagged guys (Origi, Can Pieters and Chambers) be cleared too?

Chambers now unflagged. That shows a consistency with the Hazard one.

Hazard was close to a drop too but only 4% now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Any update on Origi?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Any update on Origi?

Just a knock should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hazard was close to a drop too but only 4% now

Yeah, but my gripe is Origi and Can are still flagged eventhough Klopp said they are fit this week....I think.
    Cedric, Chambers, Friend and Hazard were all declared fit by their respective managers in press conferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

For anyone not following the match day thread

Costa is suspended for next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Why did Pedro do not feature? Rested ahead of Christmas scheduling?

iroced wrote: »

Conte: "Pedro is having a fantastic season, today I give him a rest but not for the whole game." #CFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Conte: "Pedro is having a fantastic season, today I give him a rest but not for the whole game." #CFC
    But he did not feature at all?

Anyway sounds good for next GW at least especially with Costa suspended.
    Now I need him to remember how to score FPL points... He returned nothing so far to me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Conte mentioned in his press conference on Friday about it being tough to play 3 games in 6 days. I took that as a hint that Pedro wouldn't start this gw so sold him . Fairly likely to get him back in the new yr.

But he did not feature at all?

Anyway sounds good for next GW at least especially with Costa suspended.
    Now I need him to remember how to score FPL points... He returned nothing so far to me :(.

Quote from pre game afaik. Not sure why he didn't put him on at all in the end but confirmation it was a rest the main thing.

I'm keeping Hazard for now but want the option of Pedro especially with Agueros return getting nearer.

Reports suggest that Leicester are set to appeal Jamie Vardy's weekend dismissal https://t.co/sSMb2YE4ks

Reports suggest that Leicester are set to appeal Jamie Vardy's weekend dismissal https://t.co/sSMb2YE4ks

Appeal rejected. 3 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hazard passed fit reportedly.

Makes grant/pickford a nice budget combo. Decent enough fixtures between them after next game week. Has grant got his extension at Stoke sorted? I know they were arguing over a transfer fee a couple of weeks back.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Makes grant/pickford a nice budget combo. Decent enough fixtures between them after next game week. Has grant got his extension at Stoke sorted? I know they were arguing over a transfer fee a couple of weeks back.

Not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've been having insane luck with my Grant/Pickford combo for a long while now. This just another step in the dream.

CSF wrote: »
    I've been having insane luck with my Grant/Pickford combo for a long while now. This just another step in the dream.

Made early transfer of Karius to Heaton as Karius was dropping again. Missed a trick there. Woulda still been 0.4 better off.

Heaton/Pickford combine better and Heaton a better fixture this week, but 0.4 woulda been worth it.

Weird and frustrating game. 5 hours ago I said I wouldn't bring in Walcott again.

I've searched for info on Ramsey and Ox but not finding anything conclusive on their injuries. Anybody with any info ?

If Walcott is coming into my team I want to do it before tonight's price rise.

Recent slow decision making has cost me the guts of 0.6 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Weird and frustrating game. 5 hours ago I said I wouldn't bring in Walcott again.

I've searched for info on Ramsey and Ox but not finding anything conclusive on their injuries. Anybody with any info ?

If Walcott is coming into my team I want to do it before tonight's price rise.

Recent slow decision making has cost me the guts of 0.6 million.

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery
    Danny Welbeck will re-join the main group in training today. Likewise, Aaron Ramsey. The latter has a chance of making the squad. #AFC

Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery
    Oxlade-Chamberlain [hamstring] is ruled out "but it's a question of days, rather than weeks." Targeting a return against Crystal Palace #AFC

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery
    Danny Welbeck will re-join the main group in training today. Likewise, Aaron Ramsey. The latter has a chance of making the squad. #AFC

Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery
    Oxlade-Chamberlain [hamstring] is ruled out "but it's a question of days, rather than weeks." Targeting a return against Crystal Palace #AFC

About as much as I could find too.

Worried about Perez and Giroud taking minutes off him. Really don't know if I should bring him in again or not. It would be for Alli.

About as much as I could find too.

Worried about Perez and Giroud taking minutes off him. Really don't know if I should bring him in again or not. It would be for Alli.

I've brought him in (walcott) but accept he's unlikely to start all 3. 2 starts & 30 mins as sub is more likely.
    Mine was to drop payet, not sure if I'd drop Alli but I suppose Southampton concede very few so maybe go ahead. Was probably a bigger risk now I think about to drop payet v swansea than it would be to drop Alli v Southampton.

Hogey007 wrote: »

Hughes admitted he must act quick to resolve Grant’s situation, with his loan deal elapsing after Stoke play Watford on January 3.
    'We are hopeful because clearly ourselves and Lee want to but my understanding was the price is a little bit too high and we couldn't get as close as we needed to,’ said Hughes, who conceded signing Grant was initially a ‘shot in the dark’.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4060290/Stoke-intensify-efforts-sign-Lee-Grant-permanently-Jack-Butland-ankle-surgery.html

LFC forward Roberto Firmino charged with drink driving https://t.co/ebh2dyebmx

Hearing scheduled for day they play Chelsea at end of January

• Advertisement

Pedro suspended next week

5 cautions for a one match ban ends on 31 Dec, so Benteke is safe from a possible suspension against Swansea since they play on 1 Jan. The useless Belgian tosspot

'Theo has a small calf problem, but a very small one'.

Hopefully that means he'll be ok for Sunday.

spock. wrote: »
    'Theo has a small calf problem, but a very small one'.

Hopefully that means he'll be ok for Sunday.

Might be time to say goodbye to siggy for me
    Bournemouth next
    He stays :)

SUNDERLAND are carefully assessing the state of Jordan Pickford's knee after he sustained an injury at Old Trafford on Boxing Day.

Pickford left Old Trafford nursing the problem but it is unclear at this stage what the extent of the injury is.

However, the 22-year-Old is a serious doubt for the trip to fellow strugglers Burnley on New Year's Eve.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland/14989281.Sunderland_goalkeeper_Pickford_being_assessed_after_suffering_knee_injury/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Oh I really can't waste a transfer atm replacing Pickford. He looked grand from start to finish yesterday. Hopefully we hear more soon!!

• Advertisement

Ah balls.

Dinnery reporting that Sunderland fear a long lay off for Pickford.

I could end up with no keeper now if the Grant deal doesn't go through. What an 8m combo they've been for me since GW6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is Grant ok to play gw20 vs Watford as per the terms of the loan deal?

manual_man wrote: »
    Is Grant ok to play gw20 vs Watford as per the terms of the loan deal?

Thought he is on loan from Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thought he is on loan from Derby.

He is. Until 3rd January. But Stoke-Watford is on that day so I don't know if he can play or not

• Advertisement
Advertisement