Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    Hhhmmm Gabriel

Had him before. Was a bit of a card magnet, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Had him before. Was a bit of a card magnet, no?

Booked in the cup game tonight as it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just the 10 changes for Liverpool

Liverpool vs Plymouth: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno; Stewart; Ojo, Can, Ejaria, Woodburn; Origi

subs - Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Wijanldum, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Brunt has a stiff back but is expected to be available for #thfc game. Club doc 'cautiously optimistic' Evans will be available too #wba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FHFC wrote:
    Brunt has a stiff back but is expected to be available for #thfc game. Club doc 'cautiously optimistic' Evans will be available too #wba

I don't think I've ever felt as much like a concerned parent as I do right now.

My poor West Brom boys :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I hope I don't have an Ibra sized hole in my WC plans in 2 hours .......

Ibra not even a sub
    Jose said 2 days ago he would start
    Worrying

#MUFC striker @Ibra_official misses tonight's #EFLCup game due to illness. https://t.co/sPVoHjTow0

• Advertisement

Wonder will we get clarification of any injury in the presser on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Possibly not as it seems to be an ongoing thing that they're "managing". I'd prefer if he was just regular injured so I could get rid. I'll be keeping him for hull next week anyway unless he's confirmed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Conte seems to be one of the most forthcoming PL managers when it comes to injury news so I'd say it's pretty likely we'll know Alonso's status by Friday afternoon.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Possibly not as it seems to be an ongoing thing that they're "managing". I'd prefer if he was just regular injured so I could get rid. I'll be keeping him for hull next week anyway unless he's confirmed out.

Me too. Wait for the clearer picture. If Ake does start ahead of him then that'd be a nice saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

#MUFC striker @Ibra_official misses tonight's #EFLCup game due to illness. https://t.co/sPVoHjTow0

Mourinho just said that he expects him to play at the weekend.

Sure I've read that Neil Taylor is out for Swansea.

That hopefully means Kingsley will come in.

Could be handy for those of us that have him on the bench considering the doubts over Alonso. Allows another week to assess.

Could be handy for those of us that have him on the bench considering the doubts over Alonso. Allows another week to asses.

Martin Olson is signing for Swansea

Martin Olson is signing for Swansea

Hopefully not in time to play this weekend.

Could be handy for those of us that have him on the bench considering the doubts over Alonso. Allows another week to assess.

My inclusion of Taylor in my wildcard last week went well then. :rolleyes:

My inclusion of Taylor in my wildcard last week went well then. :rolleyes:

Fractured cheekbone
    Was actually considering him myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

SB: "@Michailantonio has a temperature this morning and will not train today. Hopefully it will just be one day and he will be back.

Allardyce says the "thinks" Beneteke will be ok for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Allardyce says the "thinks" Beneteke will be ok for the weekend.

Seems like that was more of a comment about the transfer speculation, which Allardyce has denied

Mark Ritson ‏@MarkRitson_TM 3h3 hours ago
    SA: I haven't spoken to the chairman. Christian Benteke isn't for sale - at the moment he is in line for this weekend. #cpfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Is Coutinho back from injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Think he came on last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

COH wrote: »
    Is Coutinho back from injury?

Played last 20-30 minutes last night

Seems like that was more of a comment about the transfer speculation, which Allardyce has denied

Mark Ritson ‏@MarkRitson_TM 3h3 hours ago
    SA: I haven't spoken to the chairman. Christian Benteke isn't for sale - at the moment he is in line for this weekend. #cpfc

Id still take it the availability question relates to the injury.

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/819469063382568960

SA: Unless the chairman knows any different from me, Christian Benteke is not for sale. I think he'll be available for this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

FHFC wrote: »
    Id still take it the availability question relates to the injury.

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/819469063382568960

SA: Unless the chairman knows any different from me, Christian Benteke is not for sale. I think he'll be available for this weekend.

It's the word 'think' that would put a doubt in my mind if I had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Played last 20-30 minutes last night

My gut says he starts Sunday and plays 60-70 mins. Sensible fpl move is to wait til after that game and maybe get him in for following game vs Swansea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pickford in line for early return according to various sources. Could be back before the end of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    Pickford in line for early return according to various sources. Could be back before the end of the month
    Had a feeling that would be the case. Have had him in most of my wildcard drafts. Hoping he drops before Saturday morning. He is close so I hope this news doesn't become public knowledge.

CSF wrote: »
    Had a feeling that would be the case. Have had him in most of my wildcard drafts. Hoping he drops before Saturday morning. He is close so I hope this news doesn't become public knowledge.

Will he be first choice again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Will he be first choice again

Without a shadow of a doubt I'd say

Shout it from the rooftops!!

As an owner and non wildcarder it would be nice if he didn't drop, but if I am gonna be able to hold him anyway it doesn't matter so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Another early wildcarder from last year cracks again.

• Advertisement

We are an impatient bunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Payet looking for a move and won't train or play with the first team for the immediate future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

manual_man wrote:

CSF wrote:

Sold him late last night as part of a -4.

Brilliant news :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Worked well for me last year all in all, hoping for more of the same.

Today's press conferences

8:00 - West Brom
    8:30 - Stoke
    9:00 - Arsenal, Bournemouth
    13:00 - Liverpool, Everton
    13:20 - Chelsea
    13:30 - Man City, Man Utd

• Advertisement

TP: "Brunty missed the game last week so we will have to check him out. Jonny is out. We're still waiting for news on Nyom" #WBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Brunty.

TEAMNEWS: Koscielny and Ozil return to the squad, while Bellerin and Coquelin will return next week. Walcott still out. #afc https://t.co/R87E5Mt4Zs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

spock. wrote: »
    13:00 - Liverpool, Everton

That's a bit harsh on the local press no having both at the same time? Don't know anything about how these things work but I would have thought there are some Liverpool newspapers/websites that would have only 1 person covering soccer in their sports section and would therefore have to get updates on both clubs?

Anyway, I digress. Important news from the Liverpool one will be if Matip is back (presumed not), otherwise Ibra v Klavan looks like a mismatch. And Lallana could play in the front 3 if Sturridge doesn't start, but I don't think so, I reckon Sturridge keeps his place and Coutinho comes in for Mané. In which case Firmino is less appealing.

spock. wrote: »
    TP: "Brunty missed the game last week so we will have to check him out. Jonny is out. We're still waiting for news on Nyom" #WBA

What's up with Nyom :confused::(

8-10 wrote: »
    What's up with Nyom :confused::(

Awaiting international clearance over his dispute with the Cameroon national team.

It could be the end of January before @theowalcott returns. Not expected to be fit for the Burnley game either. #AFC

It could be the end of January before @theowalcott returns. Not expected to be fit for the Burnley game either. #AFC

Lovely jubbley
    That's as long as I need giroud for

It is amazing the amount of times Arsenal players pick up a "slight " injury and are then out for months

Awaiting international clearance over his dispute with the Cameroon national team.

But I thought since he wasn't named in the squad they can't prevent him playing?

8-10 wrote:
    But I thought since he wasn't named in the squad they can't prevent him playing?

Teams aren't allowed field African players who have snubbed their country unless that national teams gives them written approval.
    Cameroon are being awkward about it sort of as a punishment to Nyom for refusing to play for his country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement