Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

8-10 wrote: »
    But I thought since he wasn't named in the squad they can't prevent him playing?

West Brom are waiting on official ratification to avoid being penalised by FIFA which could see them lose all their points gained when Nyom is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

spock. wrote: »
    8-10 wrote:
    But I thought since he wasn't named in the squad they can't prevent him playing?

Teams aren't allowed field African players who have snubbed their country unless that national teams gives them written approval.
    Cameroon are being awkward about it sort of as a punishment to Nyom for refusing to play for his country.

Imagine if the FAI had that clout when Stephen Ireland was playing well for City and refused to play for us in International's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Invincible wrote: »
    8-10 wrote:

Teams aren't allowed field African players who have snubbed their country unless that national teams gives them written approval.
    Cameroon are being awkward about it sort of as a punishment to Nyom for refusing to play for his country.

Imagine if the FAI had that clout when Stephen Ireland was playing well for City and refused to play for us in International's!!

In theory the FAI could call up Grealish and Nathan Redmond and play hard ball with their clubs when they decline the callup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho, Jordan Henderson and Joel Matip all trained on Thursday ahead of the game against Manchester United, Jurgen Klopp has confirmed.

"We have to wait for the reaction of these players," the German said.

"It's good that they are back, if they are back," he added on Coutinho and Henderson.

Which is a bit odd, as Coutinho played for about 30 mins in the cup game. Why wouldn't he be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

From the United press conference:
    Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and defender Marcos Rojo should be fit for Sunday's Premier League match against Liverpool, Jose Mourinho said.

Ibrahimovic missed Tuesday's EFL Cup semi-final with Hull due to illness while Rojo came off during United's FA Cup tie against Reading.

Asked whether the pair will be fit, Mourinho said: "I think so.

"I cannot confirm because there is two days left but they are closer to being ready than not ready."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah it helps for the wildcard.....but I took out Zlatan under the fear that Costa would rise last night (I wanted Costa). That's .2 I'm never getting back.

Although I haven't decided yet if Zlatan is the man I will turn to straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Will we get confirmation on Costa before tomorrow so i know weather to take him out ? :pac:

Don't really wanna sell him as got him early.

Will we get confirmation on Costa before tomorrow so i know weather to take him out ? :pac:

Don't really wanna sell him as got him early.
    I'd take the 'didn't travel' as being relatively conclusion but I can't see any triggers that would make anyone rush the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Missed most of the news today but Bellrin especially, how badly injured is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Missed most of the news today but Bellrin especially, how badly injured is he?

I think he is moving to china with costa

:D
    Should be back next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    I think he is moving to china with costa

:D
    Should be back next week

Thanks, I'll hold then. As with alot of lads my team is full of yellow flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

Heard Miguel Delaney on the radio today. He says Costa said in an interview last night he had no intention of going to China (this window anyway). I might hold him

Heard Miguel Delaney on the radio today. He says Costa said in an interview last night he had no intention of going to China (this window anyway). I might hold him
    Hoping to bring him back in next week (I was on wildcard this week)

Any word on Costa for this GW? I heard Conte tried to play it down over the weekend so I'm assuming he'll be back in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Any word on Costa for this GW? I heard Conte tried to play it down over the weekend so I'm assuming he'll be back in the squad?

Trained last 2 days.

http://independent.ie/sport/soccer/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-trains-for-a-second-day-running-35371397.html

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/821035164004446208

@BenDinnery: Giroud ankle injury is not as bad as initially feared, the striker continues to be assessed. #AFC optimistic he could be ready for Sunday.

• Advertisement

Dinnery says results from Vertonghen's scan are expected today. One paper speculating six week sideline...Wimmer at 4.6 could become a very good option.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/17/spurs-fear-jan-vertonghen-could-10-weeks-ankle-injury/
    Vertonghen is expected to miss at least six weeks, but scans showed the injury is somewhere between grade two and three which means medics believe he may not play again until towards the end of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Who will come in for Verthongen? Trippier?

siblers wrote: »

A right back in for a left sided centre back ?

Ben Davies came on for him on the weekend.
    Wimmer wasn't on the bench for some reason.
    Davies also has experience of playing in a back 3 with Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Either Wimmer or they revert to 2 centre backs (in which case Dier or Wimmer will partner Alderweireld). The 3 centre backs system has been working well for them but with Vertonghen injury they lack cover so my guess is they revert to 2 centre backs for now unless they acquire another centre back in the transfer window

Costa back in full training. If he drops again tonight (looks as though he might), can he rise again before Saturday or is this a 3 moves total kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Costa back in full training. If he drops again tonight (looks as though he might), can he rise again before Saturday or is this a 3 moves total kind of thing?

He can rise again.

He can rise again.

Jesus Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Is Clyne of Liverpool seriously hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Big Borg wrote: »
    Is Clyne of Liverpool seriously hurt?

Rib injury good chance of playing sat supposedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wenger:

“From last week, Bellerin, Coquelin & Gibbs are back in the group.

“Not Walcott. Giroud is back in training since yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/822013297071427584

Giroud confirmed fit for Sunday. FPL retweeted Dinnerys tweet. Just saw it. Cant link as in work.

Won't be captaining Sanchez so.

Won't be captaining Sanchez so.

I watched MOTD last night and with giroud on the pitch Sanchez still could have had 2 assists and a goal

I watched MOTD last night and with giroud on the pitch Sanchez still could have had 2 assists and a goal

I might be letting my Arsenal bias get in the way. Not a huge fan of Giroud as a starter rather than an impact sub. Would much rather see Sanchez up front.

SB: "We had a couple of knocks with @sambyram93 and @WinstonReid2 but hopefully they will be okay. I am optimistic all of them will be fit.
    SB: "The physios told me @AndyTCarroll had whip lash at the end of the game but he trained hard on Tuesday and hopefully he will be okay.

SB: "The physios told me @AndyTCarroll had whip lash at the end of the game but he trained hard on Tuesday and hopefully he will be okay.

Must be from the impact of his fall after the bicycle kick :pac:

RK: "Leighton Baines is struggling with his rib but he should be fit for the weekend."

Conte says Diego Costa is available for this weekend's game having fully recovered from his back injury. #CFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Conte says Diego Costa is available for this weekend's game having fully recovered from his back injury. #CFC

He's gonna bang in a HT isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero out, Costa in

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

What happened to Baines? Hurt ribs? When did that happen ?

Big Borg wrote: »
    What happened to Baines? Hurt ribs? When did that happen ?

The day after I transferred him in.

According to reports, Ryan Mason has a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain after the collision with Cahill. Terrible news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just heard it there, reportedly fighting for his life. Very harrowing news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just heard it there, reportedly fighting for his life. Very harrowing news

Not as bad as that, Mirror went OTT on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know if Carroll is likely to be fit for GW 23?

He's yellow flagged at the moment - tempted to get him in despite the horror of the DGW-TC last season :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Carroll is likely to be fit for GW 23?

He's yellow flagged at the moment - tempted to get him in despite the horror of the DGW-TC last season :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He declared himself fit, not long after the match, on social media iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Marney out for the season with cruciate may affect some as their cheap mid. If Barton doesn't get a big ban for the betting charge he may become a good 5th mid option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement