Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Look serious?

It looked like his ankle again so we'll have to wait and see the extent of the injury but he could be out for a while like he was at the end of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

It looked like his ankle again so we'll have to wait and see the extent of the injury but he could be out for a while like he was at the end of last year.

It's the same ankle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Showed replay of Kane injury at half time. Looked bad. Would be surprised if he was back in next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Showed replay of Kane injury at half time. Looked bad. Would be surprised if he was back in next few weeks.

Mind you he only has 1 PL game in the next 19 days.

Yeah the injury looks pretty bad alright. The fact he was able to walk off the pitch is encouraging though.

FHFC wrote: »
    Mind you he only has 1 PL game in the next 19 days.

That's not so bad for Kane owners, the international break. The injury itself looked bad, the way in which his foot bent. But the fact he didn't need a stretcher is more promising if you own him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Son is a much more likely beneficiary than Jansen right?

CSF wrote: »
    Son is a much more likely beneficiary than Jansen right?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Son only 6.8m....hmm.

• Advertisement

Darren Lewis‏ @MirrorDarren
    Pochettino on Kane's injury: "It looks a similar injury to Sunderland." @MirrorFootball Kane missed around two months back then

Kane left stadium on crutches with protective cast on foot

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomallnuttPA/status/840961882416697344

The options for a double gameweek triple captain look pretty bleak now.

Kane pictured leaving stadium on crutches with protective boot on his right foot https://t.co/HRvCo71Le4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I don't believe it. What a ****ty season this has been. I JUST brought Kane in for Beneteke last night. I just had enough funds and wanted to do it before any possible price changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I don't believe it. What a ****ty season this has been. I JUST brought Kane in for Beneteke last night. I just had enough funds and wanted to do it before any possible price changes.
    Unlucky. That's the gamble in doing early transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Unlucky. That's the gamble in doing early transfers.

Yep I got caught out with it but that's the risk you take when it goes wrong you only have yourself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Even in a cast Kane will probably still outscore Benteke over the next few weeks though

Opinion from a physio who posts on FFS...

https://t.co/dqDhQ21ZVm

FHFC wrote: »
    Opinion from a physio who posts on FFS...

https://t.co/dqDhQ21ZVm

I'm half thinking of getting aguero back
    Most who got him in on my league were probably going to move him onto Kane as they didn't have him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rooney, rashford and martial all out for utd for tomorrow night. Along with zlat of course

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rooney, rashford and martial all out for utd for tomorrow night. Along with zlat of course

Get on Fellaini first goal scorer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Was 25s into 18s already..

0 0 draw

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Muthafunka! Just saw the news that kane injured himself today... I brought him in last night. Beeeeollox

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/841030513116762112

Telling accidental use of the word 'was' in there Poch?

Guardian speculate elsewhere that he could be out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

When do you think we will get confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rangel out for the season for Swansea, might see Amat get some game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rangel out for the season for Swansea, might see Amat get some game time?

Anytime I see my friend Jordi gets a sniff of gametime I get this song in my head.
    'Return of Amat!!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Would be surprised if Rojo isn't banned for violent conduct, he stamped on Hazard last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Would be surprised if Rojo isn't banned for violent conduct, he stamped on Hazard last night.

Thought so at the time. It looked like he knew exactly what he was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PARlance wrote: »
    Thought so at the time. It looked like he knew exactly what he was doing.

Or not!

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/841696194560679936

"Rojo no FA charge, Utd are charged "for failing to control its players" says FA statement..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Very lucky, thought it was a certain stamp and ban.

PARlance wrote: »
    Very lucky, thought it was a certain stamp and ban.

Referee claimed he seen it at the time so there wasn't anything they could do under their own ridiculous rules.

Shows just how poor the ref was though that he took no action against Rojo for that even though he seen it but sends Herrera off for a nothing tackle.
    In fact he let valencia off with 2 tackles much worse than herreras second one.

@SpursOfficial: INJURY UPDATE: We can confirm that @HKane sustained ligament damage to his right ankle during Sunday's FA Cup win against Millwall. https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/841741579341684736/photo/1
    @SpursOfficial: The injury is similar to the one suffered by the forward against Sunderland in Sept last year, however it is not considered to be as severe. https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/841741722367451136/photo/1
    @SpursOfficial: Harry will continue to be assessed by our medical staff while he undergoes his rehabilitation at our Training Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well that's .... unclear...

Worth noting that Spurs drew something like 4 out of 6 of the games Kane was out last time.

People will be licking their lips now on the basis of the other Spurs attacking players having increased returns but I think their goal expectancy in general will suffer here.

Well that's .... unclear...

By the time the int break is over he will have had 3 weeks to recover but even that may be a week 2 short and they have 2 games within that week

CSF wrote: »
    Worth noting that Spurs drew something like 4 out of 6 of the games Kane was out last time.

People will be licking their lips now on the basis of the other Spurs attacking players having increased returns but I think their goal expectancy in general will suffer here.

I agree. I think it's a case of if you have a Spurs player, keep him but don't bother buying more. They will likely struggle without their talisman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

A pretty decent source on a Spurs board I use says Kane will only miss a couple of games and might even make the Burnley game after the internationals

LostArt wrote: »
    A pretty decent source on a Spurs board I use says Kane will only miss a couple of games and might even make the Burnley game after the internationals

That enough for me to hold him as long as llorente is fit this weekend

Perhaps Son will not shine for long then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just as i got rid of him

What a disaster of a transfer he has been

naughtb4 wrote: »

Just as i got rid of him

What a disaster of a transfer he has been
    I think getting rid of him is the right choice though. You could go on a while of thinking 'maybe it's just gonna be one more week' and unless your squad players are stepping up, then you've gotta look at how many points you might lose out on in the meantime.

Not sure what kind of source but the Standard reported yesterday he 'hopes' to play some part in the run in, starting with the cup SF in GW34.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-hopes-to-play-part-in-tottenham-runin-as-he-undergoes-ankle-scans-a3489091.html

• Advertisement

Swansea's injured trio Olsson, Llorente & Naughton all missed training on Tuesday according to reports https://t.co/CL6jyrGfwo

Come on Fernando
    Man up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/842020354411364352

Picture of Firmino in training

spock. wrote: »

Am
    That's coutinho
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Am
    That's coutinho
    LOL

Check the link on the tweet to the other pictures

I reckon Kane won't be out that long. With ankle injuries the fact that its the same injury as last time usually means you get back quicker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement