Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I reckon Kane won't be out that long. With ankle injuries the fact that its the same injury as last time usually means you get back quicker.

Ankle injuries are literally the worst injuries you can get in football. You have to be very very careful with them. He won't be rushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ankle injuries are literally the worst injuries you can get in football. You have to be very very careful with them. He won't be rushing back.

From experience I did ligaments in my ankle a few times and I got back playing quicker each time I did it. I would also say ankles can be strapped up to protect the weakness something that you can't do with other injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

callaway92 wrote: »

Literally the worst?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

elefant wrote: »
    Literally the worst?...

C'mon. Amongst your normal injuries.

Ankle injuries ruin players' careers because they re-occur so easily.

He won't be rushed back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Swansea's injured trio Olsson, Llorente & Naughton all missed training on Tuesday according to reports https://t.co/CL6jyrGfwo

Come on Fernando
    Man up

Fernando Llorente [dead leg] and Kyle Naughton [hamstring] are fit for the trip to Bournemouth. Martin Olsson "unlikely to play." #Swans
    Good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fernando Llorente [dead leg] and Kyle Naughton [hamstring] are fit for the trip to Bournemouth. Martin Olsson "unlikely to play." #Swans
    Good man

Perfect.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Perfect.

I could go 352 now play Tom Carroll and bank instead of signing Sanchez or costa
    In strongly considering it provided Pva is also fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Good man

Good stuff, think I'll be using AOA this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good man

Bringing in Olsson instead of Mawson for the previous gameweek has worked out perfectly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

SlickRic wrote: »
    Perfect.

I could go 352 now play Tom Carroll and bank instead of signing Sanchez or costa
    In strongly considering it provided Pva is also fit

I'll do my best

• Advertisement

"You need good balance to win games," said Pulis. Without Matt Phillips in the team "that's what we've missed." #WBA
    Straight back in with a double digit score now we have all sold him
    Pulis: "James Morrison has hurt his ankle this week so we aren't sure if he will be available for the game". https://t.co/CU6B842BKv

Damn it
    Loic Remy will rejoin the first-team in full training over the international break. PvA is being assessed 'day-to-day' #CPFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Walker a doubt. He's the most owned defender in the game currently.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/842714891865784322

Antonio Conte reports Victor Moses trained well today but he needs to check a couple of doubts before deciding on the team v Stoke. #CFC

Well I won't be chancing Alonso now just in case

Origi also a doubt for Liverpool's trip to Man City https://t.co/wewGEPn8b0

Klopp: "Hendo no chance, Sturridge no chance, Firmino didn't train with team so far, but should either today or tomorrow."

km79 wrote:
    Klopp: "Hendo no chance, Sturridge no chance, Firmino didn't train with team so far, but should either today or tomorrow."

Firmino too risky to keep I think.
    Hello Alexis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I thought during the week looking at them Liverpool pics that firmino was training on his own.
    All the other attackers all had them trackers on them.

#thfc Pochettino on Walker: "That is a private matter. After the day off on Monday he arrived here on Tuesday with a problem in his ankle."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Harry Kane says he hopes to be back in 3/4 weeks which probably translates to 2/3 games. Don't wanna bring anyone in based on that because I don't wanna let the Son go down on me when Kane returns.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything on Baines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything on Baines?

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/842395480055287809

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^^ hazard may not have traveled to Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have been waiting all morning for a credible source... think I'm gonna dump Hazard without one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PARlance wrote: »
    Have been waiting all morning for a credible source... think I'm gonna dump Hazard without one.

That Belgian journo is as credible a source as you will get at this stage, he's got stuff right before re: Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That Belgian journo is as credible a source as you will get at this stage, he's got stuff right before re: Hazard.

True but he's jumping on Dinnerys tweet and Dinnery has deleted the tweet he received about Hazard not travelling. Was hoping for some photos / confirmation from the hotel this morning to be sure.

I've decided to stay put, Tom Carroll can fill his boots....... :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PARlance wrote: »
    True but he's jumping on Dinnerys tweet and Dinnery has deleted the tweet he received about Hazard not travelling. Was hoping for some photos / confirmation from the hotel this morning to be sure.

I've decided to stay put, Tom Carroll can fill his boots....... :|

This guy actually has sources unlike Ben Dinnery.
    He's well connected with Belgian footballers.

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez's right ankle is in "an absolutely terrible state" and he may have ligament damage, says manager Arsene Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »
    Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez's right ankle is in "an absolutely terrible state" and he may have ligament damage, says manager Arsene Wenger.

Was just about to post this. I thought it was Wenger up to his usual tactics of trying to get his players out of international duty but this sounds serious.

• Advertisement

Was just about to post this. I thought it was Wenger up to his usual tactics of trying to get his players out of international duty but this sounds serious.

How did he play on for nearly 30 minutes after the tackle if he had ligament damage ?

How did he play on for nearly 30 minutes after the tackle if he had ligament damage ?

Wenger said he should never have played the second half but Sanchez insisted on playing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Was it the tackle by McClean before half time?

Markx wrote: »

Yes it seems so

Yeah, an awful lunge that another ref could have deemed a red card.

Wenger said he should never have played the second half but Sanchez insisted on playing on.

I'm sure Harry Kane would have liked to have played on as well but was physically incapable of it
    I don't know
    How can ya play on that long with damaged ligaments
    It's a sore sore dose

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Yes it seems so

Ligaments are odd. You could certainly play with a stretched ligament. Even a ruptured ACL can be played on under the right conditions...

Ligaments are odd. You could certainly play with a stretched ligament. Even a ruptured ACL can be played on under the right conditions...

A stretched ligament would be grand
    Would keep him out of chiles games but be back for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A stretched ligament would be grand
    Would keep him out of chiles games but be back for Arsenal

WC qualification on the line, I'll say he'll play with a crutch if needbe against Argentina. Probably sitout the second game against Venezuela.
    Then lots of doubt and mixed messages from Wenger as to whether he plays in the Arsenal/City game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I tried for 2 months to play with a snapped ACL thinking it was just a knock

• Advertisement

Wenger on Sanchez' possible departure with Chile - "If it's only a kick, he will play. If the ligament is damaged, he will not play"

Chilean outlet El Grafico claim Alexis Sanchez is "in good condition and can play" in the upcoming qualifiers based on initial tests by #AFC https://t.co/rj81ByovNC

Relieved that they think he can play. Terrified by the probability that he actually will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

INJURY UPDATE - Antonio 3-4 weeks Hamstring, but as he's a superb athlete we hope it might be sooner.
    INJURY UPDATE -Obiang is out for the rest of the season
    INJURY UPDATE- Reid scan later this week, but at least 4-6 weeks and might be longer

https://twitter.com/jsullivanwhu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hazard out for 10-15 days according to Belgian manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Phil Jones released from England squad and returning to Man U due to an injury picked up in training. No mention of severity as yet.

Phil Jones injured..well I'm stunned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Blessing in disguise I picked Rojo over Jones even though he didn't start the other day, watch rojo get injured now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

As a non-Sanchez owner and non-WC owner... I guess I should be hoping Sanchez gets injured during the internationals (from a purely FPL point of view)

If he makes it back in one piece, he is simply a must-have for the remainder of the season, and likely a TC option for those that didn't use it on Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PVA wrote: »
    As a non-Sanchez owner and non-WC owner... I guess I should be hoping Sanchez gets injured during the internationals (from a purely FPL point of view)

If he makes it back in one piece, he is simply a must-have for the remainder of the season, and likely a TC option for those that didn't use it on Aguero

He will be a popular TC in their other DGW in 35 or 36, so it will be pretty much essential to at least own him, and probably captain him that week.

Advertisement