Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Jones out for 6 weeks after a tackle from Smalling, one way of getting back into the team I suppose.
    Cech out for a month could make Ospina an option at 4.7, if Arsenal's defence was any way decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

patmac wrote: »
    Cech out for a month could make Ospina an option at 4.7, if Arsenal's defence was any way decent.

The word IF in that sentence says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

PVA wrote: »
    As a non-Sanchez owner and non-WC owner... I guess I should be hoping Sanchez gets injured during the internationals (from a purely FPL point of view)

If he makes it back in one piece, he is simply a must-have for the remainder of the season, and likely a TC option for those that didn't use it on Aguero
    The way Arsenal are playing I do not see him as a must-have. They will need to improve as a collective for him to become must-have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The way Arsenal are playing I do not see him as a must-have. They will need to improve as a collective for him to become must-have

His form hasn't really dipped with Arsenal's though has it? He scores or assists in something like 70% of games, and has featured in every game this season, usually for the full 90.

I may be wrong, but I think Sanchez is tied with Lukaku for the most double-digit GW scores this season. He is one of the few players with that ability to explode, and the fact that many do not see him as a must-have is actually beneficial when you factor in the TC chip. When many triple-captained Aguero in GW27, the majority of other active players both owned and captained him, so the difference would never have been that measurable unless he scored huge.

With Sanchez, the week many of us may choose to give him triple captain armband could be a week where the majority of others don't even own him. As it stands, 1/3 of the top 10k have Sanchez and 1/4 of total active players. This gives a great opportunity to close 50+ point gaps on leaders. Obviously he could blank in both games and get outscored by SGW captains like Lukaku, Costa etc, but the opportunity for a gamble is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wenger on Sanchez: "It was only [a] kick. We didn’t know if his ligaments were damaged [because of the swelling]. It looks positive." #AFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Bit of a u-turn from the "absolutely terrible state" it was in after the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

tailgunner wrote: »

If I was Sanchez and lost to West Brom I'd be in absolutely terrible state for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

tailgunner wrote: »

Wenger in dig at player who caused injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Sanchez starting tonight for Chile.

Chris Smalling has withdrawn from the England squad due to injury and returned to #MUFC. https://t.co/OjiUqae2oD

United won't be playing wing backs now with only 2 fit centre hands!
    I'm getting tempted by rojo now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Chris Smalling has withdrawn from the England squad due to injury and returned to #MUFC. https://t.co/OjiUqae2oD

Did he injure himself by injuring Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Are their left and right hands ok though?

Seamie colemans season over
    My team is like the walking dead now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭COH

Horrendous tackle... poor lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:

Easy decision to do Coleman to Valencia now for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Missed the tackle, RTE stated not reshowing due to nature. Looks and sounds like his season is done.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

COH wrote: »
    Horrendous tackle... poor lad

+1
    This is the real point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Sad to see Coleman injured
    Hope McClean score to punish their dirty play!

spock. wrote: »
    Easy decision to do Coleman to Valencia now for me

Please wait until next Friday and team news to make sure Valencia is back on time
    I've only .1 to spare :D

Fantasy have flagged coleman and given him a 25% chance of playing against Liverpool
    Am .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fantasy have flagged coleman and given him a 25% chance of playing against Liverpool
    Am .......

You'll find they ommited the decimal point.

Get well soon Seamus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Fantasy have flagged coleman and given him a 25% chance of playing against Liverpool Am .......

25% chance of playing ever again more like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

For anyone who didn't see it I've the photo attached... not for the faint hearted tho may I add

Please wait until next Friday and team news to make sure Valencia is back on time
    I've only .1 to spare :D

Dropped 30% since the game
    Please people
    PATIENCE

Dropped 30% since the game
    Please people
    PATIENCE

That is so bloody annoying. Why can't folks just wait until next week to transfer players out? Makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Course it makes sense. He's not playing again this season and will be 0.3 less valuable next Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Course it makes sense. He's not playing again this season and will be 0.3 less valuable next Saturday

....because everyone is in a rush to transfer him out. If they weren't he wouldn't drop.

If people showed more patience and made sure other players came through their games before making transfers, Coleman wouldn't drop for a while.

Only if people rush to sell him
    And a lot are buying players who still have games to play
    Take Valencia for example
    He plays late Tuesday night
    Probably won't return to Manchester till thurday or Friday
    I'd like to hear an update from Mourinho first and that's assuming he doesn't get injured !
    He will only drop 0.3 if everyone panic sells because they think they have to to avoid the price drops they are creating
    PATIENCE PLEASE
    :D

I can afford .1 of a drop anyway but I'm worried about Valencia rising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah but that's part of the game. Making moves early forces your opponent.

Your opponent then has a choice, sell now or lose money ensuring Valencia gets home safe.

This whole game is about choices, this is no different

(Yes I did do Coleman - Valencia last night)

• Advertisement

Your opponent then has a choice, sell now or lose money ensuring Valencia gets home safe.

There are risks and unnecessary risks
    Doing that move last night was an unnecessary risk
    There was 0% chance of either changing price last night so I'd have given myself even just the 24 hours extra for Valencia

We have all read the international break early transfer sob stories......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

And what will you do if Valencia does his Hammy on Tuesday?

Surely seeing the amount of people who transferred in Kane on a Saturday night only for him to be injured on the Sunday should make people a little less prone to rush into transfers.

Neither Coleman (despite the mass exodus) nor Valencia were changing price last night, and if people decided to wait until Wednesday before transferring out Coleman, then there would be a very good chance neither would before then either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone now expects him to drop in value so they want to beat the rush, thereby collectively causing the drop in value that everyone fears.

The point is it shouldn't have to be like this. If people had the common sense to wait until all players got through the internationals unscathed, there would be no need to rush into making needless early transfers. Haven't you learned anything from seeing how the Kane injury burnt people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭COH

Haven't you learned anything from seeing how the Kane injury burnt people?

No.

No I have not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

The point is it shouldn't have to be like this. If people had the common sense to wait until all players got through the internationals unscathed, there would be no need to rush into making needless early transfers. Haven't you learned anything from seeing how the Kane injury burnt people?

The majority of people wouldn't be as hardcore as the crew on here

A lot would be making switches while fresh in the mind as they may be not logging back in till
    Match day.

And if your expecting most people to have any common since,
    Then you are expecting a hell of a lot!!!

• Advertisement

Well now
    Breaking: Spanish Federation have informed Chelsea FC of an ankle injury to Diego Costa during training on Sunday. #CFC (via @SportYou)

Well now
    Breaking: Spanish Federation have informed Chelsea FC of an ankle injury to Diego Costa during training on Sunday. #CFC (via @SportYou)

Diego Costa has had x-rays on an ankle injury suffered in training with Spain but has been given the "all-clear" https://t.co/nnTtKghgFb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TG for that. I've got enough issues with Coleman and Gabbiadini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Well now

BH* Andy Carroll may have a stay of execution in my team yet.

*I'm going to make 'Big Handsome' stick.

Edit: BH AC is on his way out, with the news that Costa is ok :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shineon23 wrote: »
    BH* Andy Carroll may have a stay of execution in my team yet.

*I'm going to make 'Big Handsome' stick.

Edit: BH AC is on his way out, with the news that Costa is ok :D

BH AC I O H W O, W T N T C I O

Abbreviated down for you ;)

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Thibaut Courtois has been ruled out Belgium's friendly against Russia having sustained a hip injury http://tinyurl.com/kmonsfb

Sterling is expected to be available for the trip to Arsenal after he was withdrawn vs Lithuania due to a 'minor' back problem. #MCFC

#WBA are not prepared to rush Matt Phillips back even though the Baggies winger has stepped up his recovery from a hamstring strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lallana out for four weeks according to Martin Turner (Liverpool fanzine editor)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Funes Mori gone off injured for Argentina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Funes Mori left the field on a cart thingy after half an hour of Argentina's game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Holgate nailed on now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Holgate nailed on now

2 tough fixtures coming up, Liverpool and Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This must have been the most destructive international break in FF history, I've lost around 4/5 players to injury because of it

Local press also confirm that Gylfi Sigurdsson trained today, having returned from international duty fully fit https://t.co/NeM0LYDjpB
    Phew

• Advertisement
Advertisement