Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Did Valencia get through his games unscathed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hazard latest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Hazard latest?
    Fitness test is the latest word on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mourinho confirms Jones [toe], Smalling [knee] and Pogba [hamstring] are all set to miss the WBA game. Herrera and Zlatan suspended. #MUFC

Those bringing Valencia should note that he's unlikely to play wingback over the next two games due to a shortage of fit centre backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

spock. wrote: »
    Mourinho confirms Jones [toe], Smalling [knee] and Pogba [hamstring] are all set to miss the WBA game. Herrera and Zlatan suspended. #MUFC

Those bringing Valencia should note that he's unlikely to play wingback over the next two games due to a shortage of fit centre backs.

I'd disagree with that, especially with the midfielders Utd are missing I think he'll try and shoehorn in a 5 man back line. Something like the following is what I'd expect:

DDG
    Valencia Bailey Blind Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Mikhitaryan Fellaini Martial
    Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'd disagree with that, especially with the midfielders Utd are missing I think he'll try and shoehorn in a 5 man back line. Something like the following is what I'd expect:

DDG
    Valencia Bailey Blind Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Mikhitaryan Fellaini Martial
    Rashford.

I'm not a Man U fan but I'd be surprised to see that line up. More likely Blind is pushed into midfield or dropped for Mata, with Fellaini playing next to Carrick.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm not a Man U fan but I'd be surprised to see that line up. More likely Blind is pushed into midfield or dropped for Mata, with Fellaini playing next to Carrick.

Brain fart, I forgot Mata existed. You're probably right

TEAM NEWS: @vincentjanssen (chest infection). Will be assessed ahead of Saturday's match, is improving daily. #COYS

Son should start again so hopefully.

• Advertisement

#EFC expect Funes Mori to miss the remainder of the season following an initial assessment on the knee injury he picked up playing for #ARG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You'd assume Williams Jagielka Holgate & Baines are all nailed now with little room for rotation.

Dinnery reporting VVD out for the season. Yoshida definitely a cheap option for the doubles now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"I think that Gabbiadini cannot play this game,” said Puel. "He is not available, but we will see for the next one. For the other players, I hope and think it’s ok.

I'll hold on to him yet then. Cedric (good God) to come in and take his place for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

TEAM NEWS: @vincentjanssen (chest infection). Will be assessed ahead of Saturday's match, is improving daily. #COYS

Son should start again so hopefully.

Son is always gonna start ahead of Jansen, Alli would probably be played up front ahead of Jansen if Son got injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

TEAM NEWS: Danny Rose (knee). Rehabilitation continues to be monitored, due for review this week to assess progress. #COYS

TEAM NEWS: @HKane (ankle). Commenced early field work this week. #COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I may double up now
    He is great value

Amazing value, I though Vertonghen was good value and was gonna get him next week, but I can now get Davies this week.

FHFC wrote: »
    Amazing value, I though Vertonghen was good value and was gonna get him next week, but I can now get Davies this week.

I got vertonghen last week
    Kind of wish I'd waited now but sure I'll double up from next week I suppose
    Could be a problem then if I add Alli and Kane returns......

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Costa will surely play will he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Benimar wrote: »

Funes Mori out for the season,value 4.8.Click on this thread for inspiration on who to replace him with and see this post.Davies in for 4.8,happy days.:)

zerks wrote: »
    Funes Mori out for the season,value 4.8.Click on this thread for inspiration on who to replace him with and see this post.Davies in for 4.8,happy days.:)

Would be lovely, sadly I bought him at 4.7 :(

On the upside I didn't realise his current price was 4.8 so I can now afford a drop without losing value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ben Davies is not a good footballer. Spurs defence with him in it and Rose not makes any of the backline a lot less appealing. See the Liverpool game a few weeks ago for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

8-10 wrote: »
    Ben Davies is not a good footballer. Spurs defence with him in it and Rose not makes any of the backline a lot less appealing. See the Liverpool game a few weeks ago for example

Is he as good as Rose? No but he's a definitely a good footballer you don't make it to that level unless you're not.

Also I don't think judging him against the league's top goalscorers this season is a wise move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'll hold on to him yet then. Cedric (good God) to come in and take his place for me.

Now I like Cedric as much, maybe even more, that the next guy, but proclaiming him God.

I think that's a push.

#CedricSaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Does it look like Costa is likely to be fit to start this weekend?

Pva out
    Van Aanholt still out for Palace. Flamini back in training, Campbell and McCarthy doubtful https://t.co/KGCKh9p4VA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pva out
    Van Aanholt still out for Palace. Flamini back in training, Campbell and McCarthy doubtful https://t.co/KGCKh9p4VA

I have the bare 11 after making my free transfer and that includes Ashley Barnes and Harry Maguire who I brought in. I'm f**ked for this gameweek basically.

EDIT: I also have Yoshida who will probably be benched after playing 180 minutes for Japan during the international break.

Conte says he is confident Hazard will play tomorrow having missed Stoke and he is confidernt he will play well. #CFC

Conte says he is confident Hazard will play tomorrow having missed Stoke and he is confidernt he will play well. #CFC

Conte on injuries: "John is good. He trained this week. For the others (Hazard, Courtois, Costa, Moses) it's important to check".
    Conte will check on "two or three [injury] situations" before making his "best decision" on Saturday. "This week wasn't easy." #CFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morgan still injured for Leicester. Who will play instead? Benalouane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Conte on injuries: "John is good. He trained this week. For the others (Hazard, Courtois, Costa, Moses) it's important to check".
    Conte will check on "two or three [injury] situations" before making his "best decision" on Saturday. "This week wasn't easy." #CFC

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of Captain Costa

Deeney reportedly a doubt due to an illness.

Deeney reportedly a doubt due to an illness.

Might be putting Llorente back in:(

“If Deeney doesn't start tomorrow, he will be ready from the bench. It's the same for Prödl. We want him ready for Tuesday." #watfordfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any new on when Chambers will be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any new on when Chambers will be back?

According to Ben Dinnery, he's back on the training pitch but being assessed day-to-day. He's obviously been deemed not fit enough to play this weekend and will likely miss out midweek too but should be back for the Burnley home game.

Huge setback for United: Juan Mata could miss the rest of the season #mufc https://t.co/blRLYHYoc6

Bad news for Ibra

Huge setback for United: Juan Mata could miss the rest of the season #mufc https://t.co/blRLYHYoc6

Bad news for Ibra

Utd down to the bare bones now, pump the brakes on the DGW hype train.

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Utd down to the bare bones now, pump the brakes on the DGW hype train.

Yeah. I think covering Zlatan will be worth it for 34 probably, but after that.

Mind you, if Martial was to seem pretty nailed from all this he could be a great punt for 34 for those with WC.

"Harry Kane is good, he's doing things on the pitch and may be back in a few weeks." #COYS https://t.co/A0Ea8nhuAg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

How serious does Mane injury look?

How serious does Mane injury look?

Serious ankle twist
    Be amazed if it's not a few weeks /end of season

km79 wrote:
    Serious ankle twist
    Be amazed if it's not a few weeks /end of season

I probably won't own a Liverpool player again once I sell Mane.
    No dgw and they really struggled when Mane was at the AFCON

I probably won't own a Liverpool player again once I sell Mane.
    No dgw and they really struggled when Mane was at the AFCON

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Llorente out today with an ankle injury

Claude Puel admits "it is still difficult" for Manolo Gabbiadini to recover from a groin strain in time to face Crystal Palace. #SaintsFC

(Dinnery)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Claude Puel admits "it is still difficult" for Manolo Gabbiadini to recover from a groin strain in time to face Crystal Palace. #SaintsFC

(Dinnery)
    Id have gone for him 100% if he was fit.

CSF wrote: »
    Id have gone for him 100% if he was fit.

If he is 1% fit I'd still prefer him over llorente the flute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane likely to be back for gw32?

• Advertisement
Advertisement