Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I heard someone say Bavies is the third best wing back in the PL, just happens Rose and walker are the two ahead of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Green&Red wrote: »
    I heard someone say Bavies is the third best wing back in the PL, just happens Rose and walker are the two ahead of him

Them Spurs supporters club nights can be a right laugh to be fair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Rojo subbed off after 20 mins tonight with an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Was it Sean Spicer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4th best trippier is 3rd best

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ahem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Green&Red wrote:
    danganabu wrote:
    Them Spurs supporters club nights can be a right laugh to be fair
    4th best trippier is 3rd best

Both Walker and Rose named in the epl XI team of the year according to story on BBC website (can't post link on app) so I guess your friend was right after all Green&Red

Not looking good for ibrahimovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,265 ✭✭✭✭km79

Absolute disaster that f sake

• Advertisement

Ibra subbed injured at start of ET

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ibra subbed injured at start of ET

Jarred his knee, could be something serious or nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Jarred his knee, could be something serious or nothing at all.
    Wouldn't expect to see him on Sunday in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,376 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

All of us who held off on transfers have been rewarded tbh.

It's unlucky for those who had to make moves before drops/rises meant they wouldn't be able to get Ibra and/or Rojo though. Those are the people i do feel somewhat sorry for.

SlickRic wrote: »

It's unlucky for those who had to make moves before drops/rises meant they wouldn't be able to get Ibra and/or Rojo though. Those are the people i do feel somewhat sorry for.
    Nah the people I feel sorry for are the ones who had them already. If you made the transfer this week you knew the opportunity cost. Plenty of times, you'll get the extra .1 and every so often this will happen. It is the tradeoff you enter into when you make an early transfer.

CSF wrote: »

Nah the people I feel sorry for are the ones who had them already. If you made the transfer this week you knew the opportunity cost. Plenty of times, you'll get the extra .1 and every so often this will happen. It is the tradeoff you enter into when you make an early transfer.
    I agree
    I have him and am disgusted
    My other DGW are Valencia and chambers I'm tempted now just it ignore the DGW
    I hope the poster I argued with Sunday or Monday night about signing him held off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    I hope the poster I argued with Sunday or Monday night about signing him held off

Nah I sold Lukaku for him. Has proved a very very bad decision.

I still might do similar again in future although Ibra didn't even rise in the end to add to the disaster.

I might even transfer Lukaku back in and just swallow the 4 points that way before I make things worse. Think I may go with Zaha captain now.

Nah I sold Lukaku for him. Has proved a very very bad decision.

I still might do similar again in future although Ibra didn't even rise in the end to add to the disaster.

I might even transfer Lukaku back in and just swallow the 4 points that way before I make things worse. Think I may go with Zaha captain now.

Can't say you weren't advised by many to hold. A very poor decision all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

No need to rub the salt in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,376 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

These people too. Agreed.

GW34 planning has ended up utterly detrimental.

That's your opinion. It was a marginal call in mine based on the players I wanted to bring in over next 3 weeks.

What's your ranking dahat so I know who I'm getting my criticism from?

• Advertisement

That's your opinion. It was a marginal call in mine based on the players I wanted to bring in over next 3 weeks.

What's your ranking dahat so I know who I'm getting my criticism from?

Criticism of a transfer has nothing to do with ranking, it was a reckless move to make with well founded reasons not to do it.

My OR is 1.5million.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

These people too. Agreed.

GW34 planning has ended up utterly detrimental.

So did a lot of the planning for that blank week. I know people ended up getting good scores as they captained lukaku and signed josh king just before it. I signed 7 lads on wildcard for that blank week 6 gws before and I think only 1 of them ended up playing the full game. Most were dropped , injured or subbed off injured.

Criticism of a transfer has nothing to do with ranking, it was a reckless move to make with well founded reasons not to do it.

My OR is 1.5million.

That's Ibra's first injury all season. 9 other players made it through unscathed - if I needed the 0.1 to get an extra Arsenal player in for 2 upcoming DGWs but also thinking a fit Ibra was a must for captaincy then I judge it a risk worth taking, not 'reckless'. I generally weigh up my moves before acting but am prepared to take risks like this as it's rare enough they backfire like this. I'd say I've made most of my transfers early in the week this year and I think this Is the first time I've lost out in this way but I don't mind taking taking the -4 as that's the risk you run.

Im surprised you can afford to be so definitive about my strategy given your rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

My OR is 1.5million.

Far from reckless surely - it was a calculated risk that was the basis for a plan for the future. He stated this is a strategy he routinely follows and is prepared to suck it up when it goes wrong.

That's Ibra's first injury all season. 9 other players made it through unscathed - if I needed the 0.1 to get an extra Arsenal player in for 2 upcoming DGWs but also thinking a fit Ibra was a must for captaincy then I judge it a risk worth taking, not 'reckless'. I generally weigh up my moves before acting but am prepared to take risks like this as it's rare enough they backfire like this. I'd say I've made most of my transfers early in the week this year and I think this Is the first time I've lost out in this way but I don't mind taking taking the -4 as that's the risk you run.

Im surprised you can afford to be so definitive about my strategy given your rank.

My rank is crap blah blah but that is no foundation to criticism of a move made far too early and one that carried massive risk.

Your impatience and need to make 0.1 has cost you more than now, I like a hit myself but this particular 0.1 gain you needed was unnecessary risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My rank is crap blah blah but that is no foundation to criticism of a move made far too early and one that carried massive risk.

Your impatience and need to make 0.1 has cost you more than now, I like a hit myself but this particular 0.1 gain you needed was unnecessary risk.

Maybe if you picked up more 0.1's throughout the season you wouldn't be ranked OR 1.5m and would have a better squad.

Well you are calling it a 'massive risk'. It's a risk of 4 points, I can just buy back the player I sold. Its a pretty small risk.

Well you are calling it a 'massive risk'. It's a risk of 4 points, I can just buy back the player I sold. Its a pretty small risk.

At this stage of the season it is a massive risk imo especially if you are fighting for cash.

My rank is just outside 100k and not 1,5 million.

We will agree to disagree on this.

Chesty08 wrote: »

Maybe if you picked up more 0.1's throughout the season you wouldn't be ranked OR 1.5m and would have a better squad.
    I don't think there's any notable correlation between making early transfers (or even having an exceptionally high team value) and being ranked highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I don't think there's any notable correlation between making early transfers (or even having an exceptionally high team value) and being ranked highly.

Honestly I'd reckon on average there's probably a bit of a negative correlation to be honest. More hits and transfers usually indicates a degree of flippancy which is bad for your rank I think. That being said, I have made some early transfers for some value gain this and every season but it tends to be nearly always be early in the season when I think developing team value is somewhat important for your future prospects. At this point in the season I think there's much less to gain but you'd have to go by it case by case. If Trimm Trabb had a strategy that was dependent on the .1, then maybe it was worth a roll of the dice. It didn't work out but that's just how the game works.

• Advertisement

Yep I was making a transfer to buy players not to build a TV.

During the season I would only buy a player early if that was the transfer I was making anyway. I wouldn't chase risers or sell fallers to chase TV at all.

Chesty08 wrote: »

Huh?

My rank, squad and TV is perfectly fine. I stated 1.5m as I feel.an opinion on a transfer doesn't need a high or to be heard.

Huh?

My rank, squad and TV is perfectly fine. I stated 1.5m as I feel.an opinion on a transfer doesn't need a high or to be heard.

It's not great.

I wouldn't have asked you your rank nor I suspect would Chesty have commented on it if your tone hadn't come across as rude in your earlier posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat get off your high horse, some times the early transfer works, sometimes it doesn't. FSA is not for laughing at other players misfortune.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    dahat get off your high horse, some times the early transfer works, sometimes it doesn't. FSA is not for laughing at other players misfortune.
    To be fair, the times when it works is usually when the player doesn't have a game to play in the meantime. Injuries/suspensions just happen too often for that to be a winning strategy IMO.

Shedite27 wrote: »

I wasn't in anyway laughing at someone's misfortune.

Has anyone seen anything listed for a Mourinho press conference today? If there isn't one I think I'm going to drown in my own confusion.

Huh?

It's not great.

I wouldn't have asked you your rank nor I suspect would Chesty have commented on it if your tone hadn't come across as rude in your earlier posts.
    Spot on.

• Advertisement

Huh?

It's not great.

Spot on.

Aaaggghhhhhh

@BenDinnery: Butland edges closer: “Jack has had a really good week. I think it's fair to say that he's in my mind. This weekend is a possibility." #SCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Very sorry to see this. Career ender for Ibra?

Feel for the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has anyone seen anything listed for a Mourinho press conference today? If there isn't one I think I'm going to drown in my own confusion.

Heard there isn't one . He did it last night but reports from it embargoed till 2pm.

So you'll get nothing new on rojo or ibra.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Heard there isn't one . He did it last night but reports from it embargoed till 2pm.

So you'll get nothing new on rojo or ibra.
    It's Rashford/Martial I'm interested in, but thanks. Where'd you get that out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Someone mentioned it on a thread about ibra on United's reddit.

Breaking news - Zlatan expected to miss remainder of season because of knee injury.

Jim white sky sports news just tweeted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,743 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Breaking news - Zlatan expected to miss remainder of season because of knee injury.

Jim white sky sports news just tweeted that

That's a shame - I'm a Liverpool fan and have sporadically owned Zlatan this season but I built up a grudging admiration for him in recent months

Marcos Rojo & Zlatan Ibrahimovic have both ruptured cruciate ligaments. Both out for months. #MUFC #ARG #SWE
    https://t.co/z3aZO30Rx7 https://t.co/eKaZe3Ole2

From Duncan castles who is joses love child
    Shocked Rojo s is a cruciate
    I thought it was just a very heavy knock to the knee
    And he played on
    Strange one

• Advertisement
Advertisement