Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,670 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Austin back in full training this week. Not so sure about getting Gabbiadini now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Austin back in full training this week. Not so sure about getting Gabbiadini now.

MT 2 (Matty Target) also back in full training. Wonder does that affect any of their defensive prospects? Maybe rotation threat for Cedric (again)?

FHFC wrote: »
    MT 2 (Matty Target) also back in full training. Wonder does that affect any of their defensive prospects? Maybe rotation threat for Cedric (again)?

Four games in 10 days for them...there'll surely be some rotation.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/will-aguero-play-manchester-united-12933833

Something still tells me (hopefully not just extremely wishful thinking) that Aguero will play the derby.

This article has no injury update on Aguero, just a 'we'll see tomorrow' and confirms Jesus had only trained once ahead of the Cup SF.

Aguero and Silva took part in a recovery session today. Early signs are good ahead of the derby. No Fernandinho. #MCFC [via @Jack_Gaughan]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ben dinnery CEO of premier league injuries quoted in the Star talking about zlatans chances of coming back from injury. Is he a Physio.

Ben dinnery CEO of premier league injuries quoted in the Star talking about zlatans chances of coming back from injury. Is he a Physio.

No. But he collates and analyses data on recovery times from similar injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No. But he collates and analyses data on recovery times from similar injuries.

He has done well to be getting the star to ask him for quotes on whether zlatan will play at the highest level again if that's the case.

He has done well to be getting the star to ask him for quotes on whether zlatan will play at the highest level again if that's the case.

That's how the world works baby. Build a huge following on Twitter and you can earn a living off it!!

• Advertisement

That's how the world works baby. Build a huge following on Twitter and you can earn a living off it!!

No better place than in football . Its full of spoofers. Fair play to him.

No better place than in football . Its full of spoofers. Fair play to him.

The Roddy Collins of injury news?!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lucas Hood wrote: »

That could almost mean anything - it doesn't say Physiotherapist. Just 'therapist.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That could almost mean anything - it doesn't say Physiotherapist. Just 'therapist.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Maybe he was a massage therapist.

Probably came with a happy ending too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FHFC wrote:

Four games in 10 days for them...there'll surely be some rotation.

Can't see how a left back returning from a long injury will affect a right back.

Only chance Cedric gets dropped is injury or poor old Cuco Martina gets some talent.
    But mainly because Cedric hasn't been rotated or dropped since arriving in 2015.

Sam McQueen is fully fit and has played left back earlier in season and hasn't had any impact on the starting XI.

And with that seal of approval I have no doubt destroyed my friend's season.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Can't see how a left back returning from a long injury will affect a right back.

Only chance Cedric gets dropped is injury or poor old Cuco Martina gets some talent.
    But mainly because Cedric hasn't been rotated or dropped since arriving in 2015.

Sam McQueen is fully fit and has played left back earlier in season and hasn't had any impact on the starting XI.

And with that seal of approval I have no doubt destroyed my friend's season.

Ah hang on. I'm a Cedric fan but this is simply not true. Both Cedric and Bertrand were rested on a couple of occasions this season.

And Cedric was randomly and unexpectedly rotated with Martina last season too. I know cause i bought him the week before after him being nailed up to that point.

Ah hang on. I'm a Cedric fan but this is simply not true. Both Cedric and Bertrand were rested on a couple of occasions this season.

And Cedric was randomly and unexpectedly rotated with Martina last season too. I know cause i bought him the week before after him being nailed up to that point.

Both times they had fixture congestion this season (after their final Europa Lge game and over the Xmas period) Cedric (4 times) and Bertrand (3 times) were rested to either bench or out of squad completed.

4 games in 10 days ahead. Full backs avoid.

He doesnt seem to rotate the CBs unless injured, or rumoured to be leaving in Jan (Fonte :)) They have named an unchanged back 4 for 9 games now, longest run of the season so Yoshida and Stephens look quite safe, but highly likey Bertie and Cedric will miss at least one each.

However, Cacaeres is there and costing them a nice few quid, with nothing to play for he'll surely get some game time just to see him play in the PL if nothing else. So one of the CBs, probably Stephens will surely get a rest over the DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,265 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Standard report that Danny Rose could yet be in contention to face Arsenal in Sunday's derby https://t.co/QNEglfZoqP

Also valdes still out
    Aguero is fine

• Advertisement

Aguero will be fine for the derby. Silva "hoping" to feature. Pep will make a decision closer to kick-off. #MCFC [via @Sammy_Goal]

Yay...

Both times they had fixture congestion this season (after their final Europa Lge game and over the Xmas period) Cedric (4 times) and Bertrand (3 times) were rested to either bench or out of squad completed.

4 games in 10 days ahead. Full backs avoid.

He doesnt seem to rotate the CBs unless injured, or rumoured to be leaving in Jan (Fonte ) They have named an unchanged back 4 for 9 games now, longest run of the season so Yoshida and Stephens look quite safe, but highly likey Bertie and Cedric will miss at least one each.

However, Cacaeres is there and costing them a nice few quid, with nothing to play for he'll surely get some game time just to see him play in the PL if nothing else. So one of the CBs, probably Stephens will surely get a rest over the DGWs.

It is true, he's has been nailed on all this season.

This season:
    Cedric started first 6 games this season. Got injured in GW7 against Leicester, and missed next 4 league games through this injury
    Sky wrote:

'Along with Austin, Cedric Soares was an integral part of Southampton's good forward play in the early stages but the Portugal defender had to go off with an ankle injury.'
    http://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-soton/356398

Missed GW15/16 with an illness: http://www.premierinsider.co.uk/cedric-soares_2553/cedric-misses-time-with-illness-166894/

He didn't make the squad against West Brom in GW 19: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-12-31/match-report-southampton-west-bromwich-albion-premier-league

Possibly still due to the illness and too much turkey at Christmas but can't see any report on him.

Injury prone-Definitely yes.

But a rotation risk to date; no chance, missed no matches after Europa League when he was injury free.

Not making the squad once this season while possibly fit is not a sign of frequent rotation to me

I wouldn't advise buying him, given there are cheaper options at CB, and their fixture run in.

He may have been dropped late last season I'd have to do a bit of digging for that information, but I recall having a similar exchange with someone last year about the amount of gametime he missed or was taken off early, and it was the same as this season-Very Little, all through injury to that date.

And then he went off and won the Euros singlehandedly some* say (I say*).

RE: Cacaeres, not sure what the story is with him, he's been fit and playing in the reserves for weeks, maybe Puel doesn't fancy him or want to mess with the CBs that are playing well.

Can't see Bertrand being dropped through rotation either, to date when he's been fit he's played. But 4 games in 2 GWS may change that.
    There's more quality cover at LB than RB.

shineon23 wrote: »
    It is true, he's has been nailed on all this season.

This season:
    Cedric started first 6 games this season. Got injured in GW7 against Leicester, and missed next 4 league games through this injury

Missed GW15/16 with an illness: http://www.premierinsider.co.uk/cedric-soares_2553/cedric-misses-time-with-illness-166894/

He didn't make the squad against West Brom in GW 19: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-12-31/match-report-southampton-west-bromwich-albion-premier-league

Possibly still due to the illness and too much turkey at Christmas but can't see any report on him.

Injury prone-Definitely yes.

But a rotation risk to date; no chance, missed no matches after Europa League when he was injury free.

Not making the squad once this season while possibly fit is not a sign of frequent rotation to me

I wouldn't advise buying him, given there are cheaper options at CB, and their fixture run in.

He may have been dropped late last season I'd have to do a bit of digging for that information, but I recall having a similar exchange with someone last year about the amount of gametime he missed or was taken off early, and it was the same as this season-Very Little, all through injury to that date.

And then he went off and won the Euros highhandedly some* say (I say*).

RE: Cacaeres, not sure what the story is with him, he's been fit and playing in the reserves for weeks, maybe Puel doesn't fancy him or want to mess with the CBs that are playing well.

Can't see Bertrand being dropped through rotation either, to date when he's been fit he's played. But 4 games in 2 GWS may change that.
    There's more quality cover at LB than RB.

I'm sorry. But respectfully you're wrong. Counting 15 & 16 as illness he was not injured on 2 other occasions that he was benched or left out of the squad this season in the PL. I have the stats and GWs details on laptop.

Bertrand was rested 3 times. Cedric 2.

I'm sorry. But respectfully you're wrong. Counting 15 & 16 as illness he was not injured on 2 other occasions that he was benched or left out of the squad this season in the PL. I have the stats and GWs details on laptop.

Bertrand was rested 3 times. Cedric 2.

No need to be sorry that's all his PL absences accounted for this season . except that WBA in GW19, backed up with sources.

I feel like his parole officer justifying his movements :pac:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

He's irrelevant to my team plans for the run in anyway given there are cheaper options available for Saints defensive cover and their tough fixtures making clean sheets unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

"Middlesbrough manager Steve Agnew confirmed that midfielders Maarten de Roon and Grant Leadbitter have trained after picking up knocks over the weekend."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Aguero will be fine for the derby. Silva "hoping" to feature. Pep will make a decision closer to kick-off. #MCFC [via @Sammy_Goal]

Yay...
    My GW keeps going worse then... Had Siggy 6 pts to sub in for Sergio if he was not fit enough.

iroced wrote: »

Yay...
    My GW keeps going worse then... Had Siggy 6 pts to sub in for Sergio if he was not fit enough.
    Ah now !
    You played aguero ahead of siggy for a reason
    You must have expected at least a goal and 6 points to play him so
    And you may well get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »

Yay...
    I'd be hoping he can beat that score really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    The Standard report that Danny Rose could yet be in contention to face Arsenal in Sunday's derby https://t.co/QNEglfZoqP

Also valdes still out
    Aguero is fine

Fcuk.

Bavies, it's been an honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ah now !
    You played aguero ahead of siggy for a reason
    You must have expected at least a goal and 6 points to play him so
    And you may well get it
    Nah :pac:. You got it all wrong! I did not play Aguero ahead of Siggy. I played De Roon ahead of Siggy considering both players and teams recent form and the added fact De Roon had 2 games.

But my GW turning into a nuclear disaster I was hoping I could get a slice of luck with Aguero being out for this game and Siggy subbing in. Alas the game conspires against me for this GW and I'm on for an all-time low :pac:.
    CSF wrote: »
    I'd be hoping he can beat that score really.
    Yeah. But it doesn't suit me either (well unless he gets a hat-trick of course but his recent returns are quite equivalent to Siggy's one this GW), I'd say Siggy 6 pts would be amongst the best auto-sub for Aguero. So relatively to the whole game I feel that would have suited me better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Was selfishly hoping Aguero didnt play as have Tom Carroll sitting on 10 points as the first bench spot. Prefer if he'd start and at least get a chance to rack up a score instead of making a cameo from the bench and really rubbing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Barton suspended for 18 months....just on the off chance someone had him in their squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Barton suspended for 18 months....

What were the odds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Danny Rose 'continues to integrate with some aspects of first team training'

Davies safe for this week so.

Looks like Bravo has torn his calf. Caballero great value for the dgwk now.

Looks like Bravo has torn his calf. Caballero great value for the dgwk now.

Yeah I think thats a must have for those on WC. Probably the only nailed city player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah I think thats a must have for those on WC. Probably the only nailed city player!

I'll be bringing him in for sure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How serious does Aguero injury look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

How serious does Aguero injury look?

Looked in a bit of discomfort coming off holding/rubbing upper right leg.
    Commentary mentioned a groin problem very quickly afterwards.

Has Bravo been confirmed out for the season?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Has Bravo been confirmed out for the season?

Yes. But I regret playing with Willy. It ended up a mess today.

As is so often the case...

Aguero picked up the same injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I remember the headline when Caballero took over from Pantilimon as second keeper at City:

Panti's off, Willy in

Any word on aguero

Any word on aguero

Apart from clickbait speculation from the S*n nothing. Rumours it's a dead leg. But nothing at all concrete.

Edit. And just now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4463824/amp/Sergio-Aguero-scan-leg-injury.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I remember the headline when Caballero took over from Pantilimon as second keeper at City:

Panti's off, Willy in

Heard this being mentioned when he was chosen ahead of Hart for the cup final and he saved a few penos in the penalty shootout:

"The lesson learned here is to always chose your willy over your heart!"

Apart from clickbait speculation from the S*n nothing. Rumours it's a dead leg. But nothing at all concrete.

Edit. And just now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4463824/amp/Sergio-Aguero-scan-leg-injury.html

I hope we get a definite ok or out for season before Friday !

You would imagine if aguero was gone we would have heard by now
    I think it's a question of how long.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

You would imagine if aguero was gone we would have heard by now
    I think it's a question of how long.......

"Gone" should be "fine"?

Advertisement