Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone know when we can expect some definitive news on the Gray situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

SkySter wrote: »
    Anyone know when we can expect some definitive news on the Gray situation?

Today some stage probably about 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gray has requested a personal hearing. He's contesting the charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Gray has requested a personal hearing. He's contesting the charge
    Ah for crying out loud
    Does he not care about our fantasy teams!
    When is hearing

km79 wrote: »
    Ah for crying out loud
    When is hearing

No news yet. FA will make an official response soon enough I imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    Ah for crying out loud
    When is hearing

Posted on the page before I think this is all a ploy from Burnley to ensure he is free to play Hull on Satutday - they are doing really well at delaying the whole process.

So he requests a personal hearing now - which he may get time to prepare for - and even if he was found guilty and sentenced this week they can probably still appeal which would take another few days - I think he'll play this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Posted on the page before I think this is all a ploy from Burnley to ensure he is free to play Hull on Satutday - they are doing really well at delaying the whole process.

So he requests a personal hearing now - which he may get time to prepare for - and even if he was found guilty and sentenced this week they can probably still appeal which would take another few days - I think he'll play this weekend.

I'd be very surprised if it's not all be sorted before the weekend. That carry on of appealing to delay a ban doesn't really happen these days. Appeals boards etc meet as and when they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sorry if it's really obvious and known to all of you but what did he do/say exactly? Is this potential ban justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Sorry if it's really obvious and known to all of you but what did he do/say exactly? Is this potential ban justified?

He said really inappropriate stuff on twitter a few years back before he was a Burnley player. The initial complaint was for a tweet when he was a non league player but there was also tweets from two years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Less than complimentary remarks towards certain sexual orientations and shades of skin colour. What debate there is, the argument is about how long ago the remarks were. Not for FSA discussion though really.

• Advertisement

He said really inappropriate stuff on twitter a few years back before he was a Burnley player. The initial complaint was for a tweet when he was a non league player but there was also tweets from two years ago.

The fa charge says this "Burnley's Andre Gray has been charged with misconduct in respect of social media comments made between 9 January 2012 and 11 March 2012"

3 years before he signed for Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The fa charge says this "Burnley's Andre Gray has been charged with misconduct in respect of social media comments made between 9 January 2012 and 11 March 2012"

3 years before he signed for Burnley.
    There's something I quite don't get. If what he said is that bad to get penalised by the FA now, why wasn't he suspended before? Is it just bad for PL standard? And when you play in the lower divisions it's OK to talk sh*te on social media?

There's something I quite don't get. If what he said is that bad to get penalised by the FA now, why wasn't he suspended before? Is it just bad for PL standard? And when you play in the lower divisions it's OK to talk sh*te on social media?

i think there is some confusion, quite possibly from a legal standpoint, if it's legitimate to charge him for something he did as a NON-league player (ie. it might be argued that as he was playing non-league at the time, that he wasn't under the jurisdiction of the F.A. ...) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Personally think he won't get a ban but we will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He should get banned for it. Even just 1 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

8-10 wrote: »

After the Hull game please. Though will he really be in the right site of mind for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

dsmythy wrote: »
    After the Hull game please. Though will he really be in the right site of mind for it anyway.

I'm always reminded of Lee Bowyer and other gurriers when they've had court cases etc. hanging over their heads. They tend to play out of their skins as for 90 odd minutes they can park their troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

What's the story with George Friend? It says he has 75% chance of playing. Any hope

8-10 wrote: »

I don't see why Burnley should suffer for something he did while at another club.

Don't mention bans carrying over from different leagues that is different altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I don't see why Burnley should suffer for something he did while at another club.

Don't mention bans carrying over from different leagues that is different altogether.

The stuff was on his timeline while he was a Burnley player. Having initially been sceptical I think the FA were entitled to and indeed correct to charge him. But I also think its highly likely that he'll get no ban or a suspended ban given the time since the posts and being able to plead that he's a reformed character and understands it not acceptable etc. Having requested a personal hearing, I suspect thats exactly what he will do and given his pretty tough life story could well wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

FHFC wrote: »
    The stuff was on his timeline while he was a Burnley player. Having initially been sceptical I think the FA were entitled to and indeed correct to charge him. But I also think its highly likely that he'll get no ban or a suspended ban given the time since the posts and being able to plead that he's a reformed character and understands it not acceptable etc. Having requested a personal hearing, I suspect thats exactly what he will do and given his pretty tough life story could well wash.

He also needs to mention that quite a lot of people have him in their fantasy football teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

I"d be surprised if he gets suspended for something that happened 4 years ago,bad and all that it was,it looks to me like the EPL/FA trying to make themselves look like "paragons of virtue". Slap on the wrists and a warning for future conduct should be suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

What's the story with George Friend? It says he has 75% chance of playing. Any hope

This plus Shaw. I guess we'll know better by Thursday....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro 20s20 seconds ago
    AK: "Everybody is ready to play, apart from James Husband and Grant Leadbitter."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

AK: "Everybody is ready to play, apart from James Husband and Grant Leadbitter."

I'd rather Friend over Husband any day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Feckin Remy out for 2 months, had him pencilled in for my draft team

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 27s28 seconds ago
    Mauricio: "Danny is out (hamstring). He's very disappointed after the game v Slovakia - sometimes this happens, hopefully it's not too bad."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 27s28 seconds ago
    Mauricio: "Danny is out (hamstring). He's very disappointed after the game v Slovakia - sometimes this happens, hopefully it's not too bad."

*Ben Davies enters from stage left*

Welcome to another edition of "Rotating Left Back Bingo" live only on the FSA Network.

Meanwhile, Boro’s Head Coach hopes that Uruguayan duo Cristhian Stuani and Gaston Ramirez will be available after the pair represented their country in Montevideo on Wednesday.

“They are arriving [on Friday] – Gaston played almost a full game [against Paraguay] and Cristhian the last 20 minutes,” Karanka said.

“I will check how the players are when they arrive, if they need rest, because it is not easy sometimes.

“But the main thing is that both of them are not injured.”

Read more at http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-aitor-karanka-crystal-palace-premier-league-3296215.aspx#R9ygKzVcImkqbRHo.99

• Advertisement

Read Southampton ‏@ReadSouthampton 5m5 minutes ago
    Claude Puel confirms that Ryan Bertrand is fit to play against Arsenal and #SaintsFC have no fresh injury worries.

Chris Wise ‏@chriswisey 56s56 seconds ago
    #saintsfc boss Claude Puel tells me it could be a month before Sofiane Boufal is fit enough to start training with the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any word on Andre Gray's personal hearing? Had assumed it would be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Feckin Remy out for 2 months, had him pencilled in for my draft team

Interesting to see if puncheon is drafted into the no. 10 role ahead of Wickham. He has played there before and this move allows Pardew to bring in Zaha.
    Puncheon has done well this season - could be a good 4th midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Any word on Shaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mectavba wrote: »
    Any word on Shaw?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHA091Dk_l/

Looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'd rather Friend over Husband any day ;)

That's what your missus said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Chris Wise ‏@chriswisey 56s56 seconds ago
    #saintsfc boss Claude Puel tells me it could be a month before Sofiane Boufal is fit enough to start training with the first team.

Money well spent so :mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully Liverpool come in with a bid for him in January :cool:

Gabriele Marcotti ‏@Marcotti 10m10 minutes ago
    Told Mkhitaryan wasn't fully fit. Injured on int'l duty, MRI tomorrow. Might help explain 1st half performance. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Papa Souare had a very bad smash at the weekend and was airlifted to hospital, looks serious.

@ChelseaFC: Conte says Terry's ankle injury will be assessed tomorrow and he cannot say now if the captain will make the Liverpool game. #CFC

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Papa Souare had a very bad smash at the weekend and was airlifted to hospital, looks serious.

Although the statement doesn't specify the severity of his injuries, one Twitter user, Pokemon Trainer JKB, has claimed that his father attended the crash and that Souare had 'apparently broken his leg'.
    Read more at http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-confirm-injuries-suffered-by-pape-souare-in-horror-car-crash/story-29707233-detail/story.html#IewgFVCGDuu8kFhf.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who played lb at weekenf

Who played lb at weekenf

Martin Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I see KdB yellow flagged with hamstring injury. Didn't see any more details on the thread. Is it serious?

wonski wrote: »
    I see KdB yellow flagged with hamstring injury. Didn't see any more details on the thread. Is it serious?

Sure I read the manager said it was more fatigue than anything else but it didn't look like that at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

wonski wrote: »
    Saw that right at the end Saturday, it was a very strange one.

So KDB looked absolutely shattered (bout 86mns on the clock), and called over to the sidelines to be subbed (for fatigue it seemed).
    The board went up and Guadiola signaled for Nolito to go off (Nolitos number went up on the board).
    Then KDB called over again and claimed his hamstring was at him, so he was taken off instead.
    My reaction at the time was that KDB really wanted to get off, so faked an injury when he saw he wasn't getting off.

John Terry’s injury suffered in Sunday’s game at Swansea is strained ligaments in his foot. He will be out for approximately 10 days.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/09/terry-injury-update.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_ARTICLES

Players on 3 yellows (two away from a one match ban):

Costa, Zaha, Gooch, Henderson, Ramirez, Fernandez, Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pape Souaré will undergo surgery following a serious car crash. The 26-year-old fractured his thigh and jaw in the accident on Sunday. #CPFC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

John Terry out for 10 days

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37343025

• Advertisement
Advertisement