Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All terrain tyres

• 11-07-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a set of all terrain tyres for a vitara, that wont break the bank..

They'll be on for the season and then swapped out after when things get drier,
    Im not looking for anything big that will be rubbing when turning, Wheels are 15"

Anyone know of any brand or where to buy from?
    Would be buying 8 tyres..

Any of the irish tyre websites are tough to browse with their search by specific size layout.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

I got a great deal from opeono.ie for my jimny they were the cheapest anywhere at the time. The tyres were BF Goodrich and came from Holland by courier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I got a great deal from opeono.ie for my jimny they were the cheapest anywhere at the time. The tyres were BF Goodrich and came from Holland by courier

so such website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Sorry its
    Oponeo.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Might be better in the motors forum for answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

garv123 wrote: »
    so such website ?
    Try Eire tyres as well.I got 2 coopers for my discovery about 2yrs ago roughly but they were €130 a piece they were 265/70/16 from a friend of mine. BF Goodrich is probably the best all terrain tyre from talking to fellows but like anything u get wat u pay for. Have used oponeo.ie before good site deliver straight to ur door and I had to return tyres before and reorder the correct ones and was all sorted within a few days roughly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Rockstone RF06 90.00each for 245/70/16's. BF Goodrich clones from China - ask your local tyre dealer to order them.

Have a set on my Sorento for a year now, hard-wearing. Chunky, look great, but not quite as good as the BF Goodrich in mud (good enough, though). Had BF Goodrich's before, but can't justify the price to myself any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

I put "General Grabbers" on my discovery, great tyre, loads of traction and as good on road as they are off road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

garv123 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a set of all terrain tyres for a vitara, that wont break the bank..

They'll be on for the season and then swapped out after when things get drier,
    Im not looking for anything big that will be rubbing when turning, Wheels are 15"

Anyone know of any brand or where to buy from?
    Would be buying 8 tyres..

Any of the irish tyre websites are tough to browse with their search by specific size layout.

You need to ask yourself, realistically ,how many days in the year will you need something other that good road tyres ?
    I know guys with BF mud terrains/all terrains on,that wouldn't spend 2 afternoons a year in muck ,all my woods have hardcore roads ,hence ,i'd much much rather have the safest wet road tyre on ,than totally un necessary clunky/noisy/fuel inefficient field tyres .

Just a thought .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You need to ask yourself, realistically ,how many days in the year will you need something other that good road tyres ?
    I know guys with BF mud terrains/all terrains on,that wouldn't spend 2 afternoons a year in muck ,all my woods have hardcore roads ,hence ,i'd much much rather have the safest wet road tyre on ,than totally un necessary clunky/noisy/fuel inefficient field tyres .

Just a thought .......

They'll be a second set as said so I've considered that. They'll be needed for some of the paths down through fields

Advertisement