Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

android tablet for kid

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a couple of android tablets for 5-7 age group. 100-150 range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Looking at getting a couple of android tablets for 5-7 age group. 100-150 range

Argos have the Lenovo A7 for €74.99 just got one myself and it's great for Netflix, Youtube etc...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4449014/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My daughter got her little lad a refurbished Nexus 7 last year (like this one) when he was 4. 12 months later and its flying. Never give any bother at all and while it got the odd knock here and there it has proven to be sturdy and reliable and great value for money.

My wife also bought a refurbed Nexus 7 from Zavvi I think, (it may have been The Hut but they're all the one anyhow) about 2.5 years ago and its going strong. She says its slow to boot up at times but other than that she would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

We have 2 of the Amazon Fire tablets for the kids and find them great for the money. There's a relatively easy way of putting Google play on them too if you Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi -I got 2 x of the Lenovo from Argos (10 inch). Have to say very happy with them.
    Whatever one you choose make sure you can get a case/cover and or screen protector for them (Kids are going to drop them)
    Cases are available online (shops may not have them or charge 3 times the price).
    Refurbished - if its good value, by all means consider it. But if you can buy a new one for €75- €125
    (bear in mind that all these are outdated when you buy them, software changes (android 6+), technology improves - so have a view that you will only have it for 1-2 years max)
    Argos have a special on the Alba - but I cannot comment as never seen one.
    Acer/Asus are good machines
    Amazon Fire: are also good but aimed at "AMAZON" products
    The nexus - always gets good reviews
    Size - have a look at the 7,8 & 10 inch in a store (Harvey Norman, DID PC World. See which one suits best and then price around
    Remember - the case (essential - make sure you can get a case for the model)
    Happy Shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Whatever one you choose make sure you can get a case/cover and or screen protector for them (Kids are going to drop them)
    Good advice. A few extra Euro spent now could save you a ton in the future

• Advertisement
Advertisement