Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre installed in a house already with Wimax

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Is it possible to get eFibre installed in a house which already has Wimax? I'm looking to move house and the place I'm looking at already has Wimax running, getting rid of the Wimax and switching providers isnt an option, plus I need dedicated wired connection solely for me to use as I work from home and a wireless connection is not suitable. I have used eFibre where I live now for almost 2 years with no issues, so want to continue to use this service. Is it possible to get the second connection installed and if so, how long roughly would it take to get eFibre installed. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

wexfordlad wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is it possible to get eFibre installed in a house which already has Wimax? I'm looking to move house and the place I'm looking at already has Wimax running, getting rid of the Wimax and switching providers isnt an option, plus I need dedicated wired connection solely for me to use as I work from home and a wireless connection is not suitable. I have used eFibre where I live now for almost 2 years with no issues, so want to continue to use this service. Is it possible to get the second connection installed and if so, how long roughly would it take to get eFibre installed. 

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]wexfordlad,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Wimax would not use the same infrastructure as eir so if there is no line available in the house a new line would need to be installed. You can check if there is a line available by plugging a phone into the socket and dialling 199000.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If a new line is required the installation lead-time is up to 10 working days, once the line is installed it will then be prequaled for service (tested for broadband/efibre). When we have an accurate test result if the line is testing for broadband/efibre the service then can be ordered. A ten working day lead-time also applies to this installation.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should you wish to place an order our sales team will be more than happy to help you with this. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement