If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV 32 inch to 40 inch

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hey lads

I'm on the look out for a TV and wall mounting kit for the bedroom. I'm looking at a TV between 32 and 40 inches.

It doesn't have to have all the latest bells and whistles just needs to be decent quality with good picture and sound.

I will be mainly using it to watch stuff on kodi and playing the odd game on the playstation.

On a bit of a tight budget so would you have anything open box or on sale that would fit my needs?

I'll need it delivered to Dublin too..

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey lads

I'm on the look out for a TV and wall mounting kit for the bedroom.  I'm looking at a TV between 32 and 40 inches.

It doesn't have to have all the latest bells and whistles just needs to be decent quality with good picture and sound.

I will be mainly using it to watch stuff on kodi and playing the odd game on the playstation.

On a bit of a tight budget so would you have anything open box or on sale that would fit my needs?

I'll need it delivered to Dublin too..

Thanks
    Hi Glen_Quagmire,

If you are looking a good 32 inch TV but without Smart or 4K I would recommend a Samsung UE32J5100. Very good Full HD Panel and definitely one of the better basic 32 inch TVs. This is £199 at the moment amd delivery to Dublin would be £6.99.

Let me know what you think.

Kind Regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

If you are looking a good 32 inch TV but without Smart or 4K I would recommend a Samsung UE32J5100. Very good Full HD Panel and definitely one of the better basic 32 inch TVs. This is £199 at the moment amd delivery to Dublin would be £6.99.

Looks nice, how does this compare to the Sharp LC32DHE4041K which is the same price but has a built in DVD player which could be handy

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Looks nice,  how does this compare to the Sharp LC32DHE4041K which is the same price but has a built in DVD player which could be handy
    The Sharp is a very good TV as well with a built in Freeview HD Tuner and the added functionality of a built in DVD player. The only thing the Samsung has over it is a Full HD panel as opposed to the Sharp being HD Ready.

Kind Regards

David

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Looks nice,  how does this compare to the Sharp LC32DHE4041K which is the same price but has a built in DVD player which could be handy
    The Sharp is a very good TV as well with a built in Freeview HD Tuner and the added functionality of a built in DVD player. The only thing the Samsung has over it is a Full HD panel as opposed to the Sharp being HD Ready.

Kind Regards

David
    Thanks for the quick response. On second thoughts I think I will just replace the living room TV and put that in the bedroom. 

Fancy doing a bordie deal on the BLAUPUNKT 49/235Z delivered to Dublin?

Or if you have any openbox / clearance TVs around the 48 to 50 mark for good money I am all ears. Trigger happy here so what you got? 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Or if you have any openbox / clearance TVs around the 48 to 50 mark for good money I am all ears. Trigger happy here so what you got? 
    HI Glen, thanks for your post.

The only thing we would have in open box that suits would be a Samsung UE48JU6500 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201283-samsung-ue48ju6500.aspx which I could do for you at £599 if that was any interest?

For similar spec in new models, you could look at the Samsung 50KU6000 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202009-ue50ku6000.aspx at £649 including delivery and 6 year warranty, or the Panasonic TX49DX600 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201921-tx49dx600b.aspx also at £649 including delivery and 6 year warranty

Have a look at these, and drop me a post/PM if you have any other queries, or if anything else grabs your eye

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Glen, thanks for the post.

Yep these would be a step up from standard TV speakers, and give a decent sound, depending on what you have, probably wouldn't be up to the same level as a separate amp and speakers We only have 1 ex display unit left currently, but this will be in it's original box, along woth all accessories, and have full manufacturers warranty

I'm also working on your other post about a TV and will reply to it shortly

cheers Brian

Thanks Brian, they are very nice sets! Unfortunately I'm kind of on a budget here so looking for something a bit cheaper if you have anything?

Is the 49" blaupunkt a decent TV? I've seen on your website and Amazon its got decent reviews but most say the sound is very poor?

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Brian
    Hi Glen, thanks for the post.

Yep these would be a step up from standard TV speakers, and give a decent sound, depending on what you have, probably wouldn't be up to the same level as a separate amp and speakers We only have 1 ex display unit left currently, but this will be in it's original box, along woth all accessories, and have full manufacturers warranty

I'm also working on your other post about a TV and will reply to it shortly

cheers Brian

Thanks Brian, they are very nice sets! Unfortunately I'm kind of on a budget here so looking for something a bit cheaper if you have anything?

Is the 49" blaupunkt a decent TV? I've seen on your website and Amazon its got decent reviews but most say the sound is very poor?
    It's certainly a decent TV for the money, and sound-wise, I wouldn't say any worse than most TVs on the market at the minute to be fair ( a wee ex display soundbar would help that tho :) )

It is an in-store only model at the minute, so would need to be collected from our store in Belfast

Next model up would be the LG 49LF590 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202003-49-inch-smart-tv.aspx at £399

Cheers
    brian

Sorry Brian did you say the blaupunkt is collection only?

No way this can be delivered to Dublin?

Sorry Brian did you say the blaupunkt is collection only?

No way this can be delivered to Dublin?
    Yea at the minute the Blaupunkt is an in-store only model, so can't be shipped.
    i think it's restricted as the price has been reduced so much on it, so this will probably stay as In-store only

Regards
    Brian

• Advertisement

That's a shame. I won't be able to get to Belfast anytime soon

That's a shame.  I won't be able to get to Belfast anytime soon
    Keep an eye on the website, as this may change. If I hear any more on it I'll keep you posted

Brian

Keep an eye on the website, as this may change. If I hear any more on it I'll keep you posted

Brian

Thanks Brian.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.