Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Campbell Memorial 2016

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Drogheda Wheelers will host their final open promotion of the season,when they host the 20th edition of the Brendan Campbell Memorial in Donore village on Sunday July 24th.Route details etc on droghedawheelers.ie

Sign on will open at 10.30 for all events with the programme as follows
    Usual 6.4k lap
    11.45 U14 2 X laps
    11.47 U12 1 X lap
    12.15 A4 race 8 x laps [over 50k so full Cycling Ireland points will apply]
    12.17 Womens Race 6 x laps
    12.19 U16 4 x laps
    2.00 A1/A2/A3/Jun Handicap race with category prizes for all
    13 x laps 83km
    Presentation for earlier events at finish line at 2.05 when the last race gets started.Presentation for A1A2A3 Jun race afterwards in school.
    Tight schedule but its the only way we can run with on a short circuit.Hope theres good numbers especially in the A4 and Womens race as these are the races that are difficult to get the numbers in at this time of the year.Hope to see you there
    Wav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Strava segment - https://www.strava.com/segments/1245882

great little circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

REMINDER All good to go for next Sunday.Start times etc as per OP.Lots of great racing every Monday night on this circuit already this year.Hope to see you on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

lennymc wrote: »
    Strava segment - https://www.strava.com/segments/1245882

great little circuit.

Lot's of punchy little climbs on that. Fun times!

My plates (I have an A4 competitive license) haven't arrived in the post yet from cycling ireland. I called them and they don't know when they will be out. Will I be able to get temporary plates? Also, sign on is a 10am. What is the latest time I can sign on? I sent 2 PMs but didn't get a reply back. Thanks

If you bring your licence you should be okay. I would imagine last sign on will be about 30 minutes before race.

• Advertisement

If you bring your licence you should be okay. I would imagine last sign on will be about 30 minutes before race.

I don't even have the license, only the number. I upgraded my license from a leisure to a competitive one and still haven't received the A4 one from CI. Would that suffice?

If you log in to Ci website you should be able to get a pdf of your licence - print that off and that should do.

If you log in to Ci website you should be able to get a pdf of your licence - print that off and that should do.

Can't find that pdf unfortunately. I can only see my 'Member Registration > Member Details' which is set to 'complete' and my license printing status is set to 'Sent for Printing' on 29/06/2016. Maybe I'll just print the 'Member Details' section.

My plates (I have an A4 competitive license) haven't arrived in the post yet from cycling ireland. I called them and they don't know when they will be out. Will I be able to get temporary plates? Also, sign on is a 10am. What is the latest time I can sign on? I sent 2 PMs but didn't get a reply back. Thanks
    Add your reply here.Commissaire will have temporary numbers for you once uou have proof of licence.Sign on for A4s until 12 noon

wav1 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.Commissaire will have temporary numbers for you once uou have proof of licence.Sign on for A4s until 12 noon

Thanks for the update. How much is the entry fee? Took a look here (http://droghedawheelers.ie/wp/?p=1360) but didnt find the entry fee.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update. How much is the entry fee? Took a look here (http://droghedawheelers.ie/wp/?p=1360) but didnt find the entry fee.

Well I could say I'm doing an early bird price of e39.99 entry fee but I wont.
    Seriously thiugh as per all one day road races in Leinster the fee is capped at e15 so that's the fee.E10 for Junior riders and e3 for youths

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Great race wav1, sorry I couldn't hang around afterwards - had to dash off to a family thing. Thanks for the organising!

really tough 700 meters today, then I had a mechanical. :(

Advertisement