Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant to help set me up as a contractor

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm relatively new to the city and am changing over from being a perm employee to working as a contractor. Anyone recommend an accountant who might be able to help me with this?
    Thanks!!!
    Maggz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

I would recommend Paschal Bergin on 10 Ormonde St, beside the Ormonde Hotel. I have used his services several times and I couldn't fault him. 056 7720258.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

I would recommend Paschal Bergin on 10 Ormonde St, beside the Ormonde Hotel. I have used his services several times and I couldn't fault him. 056 7720258.

Was going to say the very same, Pascal is a gentleman and I couldn't recommend his services highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Might be a cheaper to look at some of the umbrella companies .

I was thinking that too Musicman2000, but more of a short term solution. I'll look at both options. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm contracting in Kilkenny. I've doing so for 3 years now. Lot to learn and more work but the financial rewards are hopefully worth it for you.
    I'm working with Contracting Plus (CxC) who are dedicated to accountancy for contractors. They have some food information online. If you want a more private/formal review PM me.
    You should register to the Kilkenny enterprise office. They run free/discount courses on a range of self employmen topics. I was in contact with Martin Carrigen through them. He came across as very clued in and an excellent account.

You want someone who you can meet with monthly for the time being at least. Lot of new concepts to understand and benefits and pitfalls.
    Hole it goes well for you.

Oh jasper, great advice there. I'll pm you if I have any questions. Thanks so much

Advertisement