Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light weight air mattress/sleeping pad for bike camping

Options
  • 11-07-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some kind of self inflating sleeping pad that is on the light side to carry in panniers on a camping bike tour . Hopefully not too expensive either .

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If you are going to use it a lot, I would suggest investing in a good comfortable sleeping mat. Thermarest have a lot of fantastic products worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Ive an self inflating sleep mat I got in aldi or lidl for €18. I've used it a number of times camping and can't fault it.
    If I had to pick something it's on the heavy side compared to some of the more expensive mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Vango self inflating mats on Amazon.co.uk are reasonably priced. They are no theromarest but a fraction of the price. Chose you size wisely they are not that small.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

One of the cheaper thermarests on the market is the ThermaRest NeoAir Venture. €65 delivered from here. For the money, it packs down quite small. Here is a picture of it compared to a water bottle:

254348_22275_L.jpg

Review here.

If you want cheaper but less compact, look at the Vango Aero Compact (spec here) or other Vango products.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    Ive an self inflating sleep mat I got in aldi or lidl for €18. I've used it a number of times camping and can't fault it.
    If I had to pick something it's on the heavy side compared to some of the more expensive mats.

yea i bought one myself 1.5kg and very bulky too. it does me fine for lazy man camping carrying everything in my jeeps boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hi thanks for recommendations ,

In the end got a thermarest neo air trekker , in 3/4 lenght as I only need my shoulders and hips padded .

Very light , great comfortable sleeps on it , about 100 euro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkb21JSS2k

Advertisement