Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Luck100 wrote: »
    Actually I've returned a couple of items to Amazon UK recently. In one case I got a pre-printed return label for An Post so it cost nothing to return. The other went via Parcel Motel (they have return arrangements for Amazon) and only cost 3.50. I think it was via Collect+. Very handy.

Monitor would be oversize though. With Parcel Motel, thats 7 quiqdq plus delivery charge to door or driving to pick it up in Finglas. Additional charges even for return.

I wasn't aware of their return policy with Amazon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alan4446

Does anybody know if the BENQXL2430T box would fit in one of parcel motels lockers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Alan4446 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the BENQXL2430T box would fit in one of parcel motels lockers?

http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2430t/specification/#skip

CTN Dimensions
    (HxWxD mm) 472x630x225

Parcel motel: 41 × 38 × 64 (cm so add an 0) So no, but they have other delivery options.

Do they do delivery to your house by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Alan4446 wrote:
    Do they do delivery to your house by any chance?

You should try parcel wizard, they deliver to your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I haven't seen much mention of the An Post service for receiving parcels from UK

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Anybody used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I haven't seen much mention of the An Post service for receiving parcels from UK

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Anybody used them?

I have.
    Only used it for small parcels.

Grand enough, they send you an email + SMS and hold the item for a few days.

Has anybody bought a monitor from komplett.ie before? If so they you have any problems or are they a reputable site?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has anybody bought a monitor from komplett.ie before? If so they you have any problems or are they a reputable site?

They send everything from Norway. Never used them myself but a few on here had problems with them in the past. Why not try CCL or Scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Amazon are good too. Customer service is top quality too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

So had finally settled on getting the ViewSonic XG2401 from Amazon for £249 but noticed that for that price you can get a few 27" 144Hz FreeSync monitors as well e.g. the Acer XF270H or the AOC G2770PF.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these monitors?

Is there any problem with 27" and 1080p? I am conscious of less pixels per inch but would it really be noticeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Not hugely noticable no, but it does depend on how far your monitor sits from you. If you are sitting pretty close, the 24" may be a better option. I don't know much about ViewSonic as a brand tbh so can't comment on that. AOC are generally good but they strip out a lot of the fluff to keep the price down versus bigger brands. Acer are decent, there have been quality issues with a lot of their high end models in the recent past.

You'll probably be happy with any of those tbh.

I see this down in the related section: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BV1XBEI/ref=psdc_428652031_t3_B013YIR5WU

It is the FreeSync model of the generally well accepted G-Sync monitor that a few of the guys on here have gotten. It's pretty damn cheap too!

My Viewsonic has been going for nearly 8 years, I feel bad about replacing it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

I'm looking for a dual monitor set up, must be height adjustable (not just tilt)
    21"-24" monitors are fine.
    I want to hook them up to universal docking station , so I can connect any laptop to the monitors. Any suggestions for a good universal docking station as well as the monitors ?
    Also is it cheaper to buy them from germany ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Bought my monitor off Komplett about 6 weeks ago. No problems. They were cheapest and offered free returns so that was enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Is G-sync worth the extra cost lumped onto a monitor?

I'm planning on getting a 1080 soon so looking at getting a 1440p monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

seems like a decent price for this asus monitor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Is G-sync worth the extra cost lumped onto a monitor?

I'm planning on getting a 1080 soon so looking at getting a 1440p monitor

I moved from plai old 60hz to a Gsync at 165Hz, and yes, it's really nice, particularly when paired with something that can generate sufficient frame rates like a 1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Got my beautiful new Acer G-Sync yesterday and was rather annoyed to find it didn't come with a Displayport, which you bloody need to be able to use G-Sync! Have to fork out another 20 quid to get one now.

Cina wrote: »
    Got my beautiful new Acer G-Sync yesterday and was rather annoyed to find it didn't come with a Displayport, which you bloody need to be able to use G-Sync! Have to fork out another 20 quid to get one now.

They cost £6 on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Cina wrote: »

If you're in Dublin,I can give you one.have tons of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just ordered an Acer XB271HU for my gtx 1080. Would have preferred the Rog Swift PG279Q for its design and better OSD but not worth the extra €80. They have the exact same specs otherwise.

Arrived today, amazing monitor. Everything just has the extra pop to it compared to 1080p

Overclocking it to 165hz seems to cause problems, horizontal lines appearing in Witcher 3 menus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

had my Dell UP2516D delivered yesterday. 2560*1440p, it's their ultrasharp model, and is on deal at the moment with 130 euros off(i got a bit more with wife's employee discount).

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=210-AGTW

have to say i'm very impressed, colors are fantastic, sharpness lives up to it's name. my new 1070 is driving it at ultra settings with no issue. the dell 1050p monitor i already had and now sits beside it looks positively awful in comparison.

highly highly recommended

IMG_20160803_150901_zpsp2lhbmxj.jpg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

€150-€200 more and you could have got the Dell S2716DG 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144Hz, worth it for 144hz alone not to mention gsync.
    Now that would do your 1070 a service.
    Can be got a bit cheaper on German sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually got my first proper use of my 144hz G-sync monitor yesterday, playing Battlefield 4 at 120-144fps. So absurdly smooth.

Dcully wrote: »
    €150-€200 more and you could have got the Dell S2716DG 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144Hz, worth it for 144hz alone not to mention gsync.
    Now that would do your 1070 a service.
    Can be got a bit cheaper on German sites.

that's fine if i wanted to pay 150 to 200 more(and looking at prices it would have cost more than that), i didn't even want to spend what i did. plus 27" would have been too big for the desk, that white shape on the wall behind is a 120' screen and even at that size the 27" would have been too big to see the screen from

maybe if i ever move the pc out of that room, but not now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

First of all Gratz on new monitor amd if it works for you ad you happy, then it's all that should matter.
    Though from my own point of view, 25inch for 1440p is kind of pointless. I would just get 1080p 24inch with 144hz and I am a person who is perfectly happy with 60hz. At that size 1440p just taxes the system, but not much visual improvement. Pretty much same issue like those 40inch 4k tvs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Grats on the new monitor.

First of all Gratz on new monitor amd if it works for you ad you happy, then it's all that should matter.
    Though from my own point of view, 25inch for 1440p is kind of pointless. I would just get 1080p 24inch with 144hz and I am a person who is perfectly happy with 60hz. At that size 1440p just taxes the system, but not much visual improvement. Pretty much same issue like those 40inch 4k tvs right now.

that's fair, can see that reasoning .we're really digging into my buying decisions now (:) ) but with the price cut on the model i got, plus the employee discount, it ended up cheaper than the 1080p version, plus given both myself and my wife work form home regularly during the week, the one i got has a dual usb hub which allows a connected kb/mouse to be used with two pc's, which mean we can hook up our work laptops easily.

gsync and 144hz would have been really nice admittedly, but not to be this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Decided to hook my PC with new RX 480 card in it up to my sitting room 43" HD Philips TV at the weekend. The picture was just so sharp. I take it I was gaming at 1080p, the res was set to 1980x 1050 and Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and The Division looked really beautiful.
    My brother who called in when I had it up and running was amazed at the picture quality, hes just used to PS3 picture which was not a patch on what we had running.
    My current gaming monitor is not up to scratch (Dell 22"), recommended res is 1680x1050 which im guessing is 780p and after last weekend im longing for that 1080p experience again but on a PC monitor. Not spending big bucks on a monitor, maybe ill wait and see if I can scrounge a 24" from work but worse case whats the minimum I need to spend to get a decent monitor...

Advertisement