Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

grimloch wrote: »
    These are out of stock on pretty much the whole internet.

Could possibly order one to parcel motel UK from some of the other UK sites but I'm fairly certain its over the various weight/size limits.

Pretty sure I got the last or second last when I was ordering. I remember something from my drunken stupor saying 2 left in stock or soemthing.... :P

Drunk me is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Somewhere in the 100-200euro range.

Something like this looks pretty damn good for the price: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018MYTH9U/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c_x_2
    http://wccftech.com/review/viewsonic-vx2457mhd-review-freesync-numbers/

Note: This monitor does not come supplied with a DisplayPort cable, so would need to add that to your order.

Took delivery of this yesterday and have it running on the RX480 with freesync. Its a massive step up from what I had for a decent price.. Picture is excellent. (IMO anyway)
    PS. When will the longing kick in for a 27inch curved screen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Right about the time money starts burning holes in your pockets :L
    Glad to hear you are happy with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Another deal from Overclockers B grade selection:

Dell S2716DG £329
    27"
    2560X1440
    TN
    G-SYNC @ 144HZ

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I just spent money on mew table amd chair yesterday. After recovering from that purchase I am going for monitor. I am definitely going to give this B grade a go. They got some really nice deals.
    That deal is really sexy!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

farna_boy wrote: »

Dell S2716DG £329
    27"
    2560X1440
    TN
    G-SYNC @ 144HZ

Is there any way of knowing what exactly is the issue that has them put it as B-Grade? How much does that sell for usually? I'm very tempted as I'll be building a rig soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Also these seem to be 499 new but on the b-grade page it says they are discounted from 599? just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing what exactly is the issue that has them put it as B-Grade? How much does that sell for usually? I'm very tempted as I'll be building a rig soon...

No way to tell what is wrong with it as far as I know. You can buy that monitor from overclockers main monitor page for £449 right now and that is with a 10% discount, but I have no idea how long the 10% off deal is running for.

If I hadn't just bought a load of components I would be buying that monitor from the B grade section myself.
    glic83 wrote: »
    Also these seem to be 499 new but on the b-grade page it says they are 599? just a heads up.

Yeah, they seem to do that a lot so it's always worth checking out the main monitor page. Sometimes, the discount isn't as big as they claim and there might only be a few pounds in the difference.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Feck it, I might bite the bullet, I can use if for the xbox in the meantime. That seems like a very good price for a G-Symc monitor yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Feck it, I might bite the bullet, I can use if for the xbox in the meantime. That seems like a very good price for a G-Symc monitor yeah?

it is a very good price, looking at getting one myself and they seem to start around £500 new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this is actually a very good deal for the best of the best monitor not that i can afford it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dell S2716DG £329
    27"
    2560X1440
    TN
    G-SYNC @ 144HZ

Building a new machine at the moment and that looks very tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Dell S2716DG £329
    27"
    2560X1440
    TN
    G-SYNC @ 144HZ

Couldn't resist, will go well with me gtx 1080! ha

Julez wrote: »
    Couldn't resist, will go well with me gtx 1080! ha

Actually, I'll need a display port cable, anyone know cheapest place to get these delivered? I'm guessing any B&M shop will rip you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Actually, I'll need a display port cable, anyone know cheapest place to get these delivered? I'm guessing any B&M shop will rip you off?

Adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I picked one up on Amazon last week, any B&M shop i went to looked at me blankly and told me I needed a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just got my hands on one of these --> AOC Q2778VQE 27" @ 2560x1440

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/monitor-reviews/aoc-q2778vqe-monitor-review/

By far the best monitor I've ever owned. Just need a new Graphics Card now to push all those pixels (and glasses to read text in windows :( )

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm thinking of making a purchase from currys.co.uk, anybody ordered from these before? any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Last dell I got came with the display port cable

Last dell I got came with the display port cable

AS did the XB271HU I got recently. Manufacturers skimping on cables for a 5-700 monitor would annoy the hell out of me.

• Advertisement

Anyone use parcel motel for ordering monitors from overclockers before? Or are they too big to use with them?

More than likely too big. Just get it delivered to your workplace if you can, or it is possible to have Parcel motel handle oversized packages, but for delivery only.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    More than likely too big. Just get it delivered to your workplace if you can, or it is possible to have Parcel motel handle oversized packages, but for delivery only.

Grand, I just sent it to the house. Pulled the trigger on that Dell there, was hoping they'd be out of stock by this morning :pac:

Grand, I just sent it to the house. Pulled the trigger on that Dell there, was hoping they'd be out of stock by this morning :pac:

Well you've certainly helped them on their way to being out of stock, if that is any solace. ;)

How much was your shipping? I got one for my friend and one for me. So two monitors, shipping £65 to Ireland or £12 to UK, so went with parcel motel, even if they're oversized it will work out cheaper.

How much was your shipping? I got one for my friend and one for me. So two monitors, shipping £65 to Ireland or £12 to UK, so went with parcel motel, even if they're oversized it will work out cheaper.

Was only £11 or thereabouts if you changed from DHL to DPD I think.

I just ordered an acer predator from amazon to parcel motel, i didnt check the dimensions, just weight, they still deliver it right? just charge me more, im getting them to deliver to my house for this order also

nix wrote: »
    I just ordered an acer predator from amazon to parcel motel, i didnt check the dimensions, just weight, they still deliver it right? just charge me more, im getting them to deliver to my house for this order also

Which one did you order as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

nix wrote: »

I ordered one not so long ago. It cost €7. When it checks in, you'll get a notification the next day to say you can collect it from Finglas or have them deliver it to any other Nightline depot without further charge. You can also chose home delivery which is another €7 or so I think. Never used it as it's handy for me to collect from Finglas.

• Advertisement

This bad boy right here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B017DG09WM/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I tried to order it from currys for £599.99 but it literally sold out as i was making the purchase (i was mad) then i went to buy from ebuyer, who apparently dont do the parcel motel dance, so amazon were the only other place i could find that had it in stock.

Advertisement