Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian holiday

Options
  • 12-07-2016 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi all, so myself, partner and 3 year old daughter have a holiday to australia the end of November for 2 weeks.
    While we have plans for most our time there, family wedding and mini holiday in Gold Coast, we want to book places for the rest of our time and organise as much as we can in advance!
    So looking for recommendations on hotels in Sydney for 4 nights suitable for families? Car rental companies? Or should we venture else where for 2 of our last 4 nights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

So you've four nights free for outside of Gold Coast and you want to drive to Sydney? Am I picking that up right?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

So you've four nights free for outside of Gold Coast and you want to drive to Sydney? Am I picking that up right?

So we intend to fly from sydney to gold coast and back, we will have four nights left then, however we have early flight home so would like to be in sydney for the last night, wondering should we go somewhere else or stick to sydney and if so where to book or go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Sydney is great for kids, I would do the 4 days there at the end. You can buy a combined ticket to a lot of the attractions and it covers the Aquarium, the Zoo in Darling Harbour, the Sky tower and Madam Tussads - it is good value.

My inlaws were over in Feb and they stayed in the breakfree on George, it has a little kitchnette and was a good price for the location. They also spent a few nights in the Park Royal in Darling harbour and that was more expensive, but, was a better location if you only have a few days.

There is one of the best playgrounds in the world ever in Darling Harbour, your child will love it there.

You wouldn't really even need a car, just grab two Opal cards and you can get pretty much anywhere you want (your 3 year old will be free on Public transport)

I live in Sydney with 3 small kids so give me a shout if you have any questions.

Advertisement