Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dex

Options
  • 12-07-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on PS4 as a new release and looks right up my street. I think it's been out a year on PC, anyone here play it and recommend it? Looks/ sounds like a 2d Shadowrun. Just wondering if it's worth 20 quid.

Comments

Playing at the minute, it's nothing spectacular but I'm enjoying it.

Has some metroidvania elements but not to the extent I was expecting or wanted, at least so far. It's odd I almost feel like I can travel too freely too early.

The combat is very basic at the moment and not that great to be honest. The hacking element on cameras etc can be frustrating early on but it gets easier when you have some upgrades.

Story and quests are on a par with what you would expect from a TV/Movie in this kind of genre , nothing surprising or unexpected so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Think I'll pick it up later, i read it lasts between 12-20 hours depending on if you do all side quests, read emails, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Picked this up on PC during the Steam sale myself, but haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully this'll help:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

When will the Wii U version be available?

Review posted by Links234 it's pretty accurate and fair based on my time with it so far (about 6 hours). The augments he made a bigger deal out of than I would have though. They are what adds that metroidvania element to the game and as I said earlier I found that large areas of the world are there early on without those and the areas you use them to access seem I don't know ....small for what of a better way of putting it :confused:

Not sure it was mentioned in the video, the game has a fast travel from the map which is a nice plus.

I'm just about to set about the second part of the main quest, spent a lot of time on around 10-15 side quests, which ranged from passable to being quite good.

Definitely feel i'll have had 19.99 worth fun by the end, and I like to support games like this.

EDIT: I did some reading before I bought this the other day and they were PC reviews and most mentioned bugs, I've seen none bar some minor screen tearing in one section on the Xbox version.

• Advertisement

I read the bugs were fixed on pc before moving to console so it shouldn't have too many issues anyway. Downloading it now, looking forward to giving it a go later.

Finished it there and 1000gs too :)

Story wise it turned out to be pretty decent in the end. Would like to see what this team could do with the resources and support of a big player in the industry. I'll definitely play the next game they send xbox way.

How long did it take you roughly?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How long did it take you roughly?

About 14 hours all in , side quests + achievements / trophies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loving this game so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's class, really addictive! For anyone who helped Barbara the singer
    I tried to convince stalker lady to leave her alone but she asked me to help her steal the vocal cord data. I refused and she said she would get it straight from barabara. I went off exploring, checked out Babs apartment to find her dead. Had to kill the stalker then. The quest notes finished with "I'm sure there could have been a better way to resolve this....but whatever" :pac:

Yeah it's class, really addictive! For anyone who helped Barbara the singer
    I tried to convince stalker lady to leave her alone but she asked me to help her steal the vocal cord data. I refused and she said she would get it straight from barabara. I went off exploring, checked out Babs apartment to find her dead. Had to kill the stalker then. The quest notes finished with "I'm sure there could have been a better way to resolve this....but whatever" :pac:

I managed to
    convince her to do her own thing and not undergo the procedure and that she should meet Barbara, both happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

What's the combat like in this folks?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Punch-block-dodge, pew pew pew, or stealth

Combat isn't great, it has a touch of dark souls about it as in you have to know when to attack, dodge and roll or you're getting geeked. Each confrontation is a challenge and even hacking a single camera can be tough. I just picked up a gun last night so will have to give that a go next time I come across someone. Haven't found Dr. Niles yet, can't find Chinese Gate. There are a few new places but run away when I see all the guys with guns.

It's the first area you come to after Taijo near the beginning , left of the downtown area on the map. You can fast travel at will pretty much. Unless you don't have the map yet?

Doc is in the right of the area, door under the stairs there.

Ha I must have walked straight past him :) yeah have a good few areas opened on the map.

Some nice references in the game. The almost Metallica like music in Hank's gun shop to the Watchmen badge in Everyday Guns

CnSMM31XgAAq07T.jpg:large

Fecking hell this is tough. In the docks trying to hack the mainframe and it's a pain in the hole.

Fecking hell this is tough. In the docks trying to hack the mainframe and it's a pain in the hole.

You put much into hacking ? I was good with the pulse type one and 2 bullet shot.

Nothing, just into my talking and lockpicking. I have 1 avaliable skill point so will see what hacking ability i can unlock. Find the leveling up a bit slow even though I'm doing every side quest i come across.

• Advertisement

Bit of a revival (mostly due to Cyberpunk hype), I had given up on this as I got a bit stuck, started a new game and really enjoying it again. 1 problem I'm having though, I'm at Barbara's apartment, which I had already completed this quest last time, but now I can't seem to climb the balcony. I don't have lock picking skills yet (I can turn in a few quests and get LP 1) but I'm on the balcony and it says Triangle to Climb but pressing triangle does nothing. Anyone else see anything like this, google isn't helping me on this one.

Edit: nvm I can drop down from the roof. Still is the climb thing something to be unlocked?

Advertisement