Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time clock/Immersion.

Options
  • 12-07-2016 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Just got a time clock/new immersion switch yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't be there when it was put in so I'm not sure how to work it.

Am I right in thinking if the time clock is switched to on but the actually immersion switch is off, the immersion isn't actually on?

Like if I turn the time clock to 'off' and turn the immersion switch to 'on' nothing actually happens. The light doesn't come on, on the immersion switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Immersion switch should be on all the time now. It's the timer that turns the power on & off. If he didn't leave an instruction manual you'll find one online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Immersion switch should be on all the time now. It's the timer that turns the power on & off. If he didn't leave an instruction manual you'll find one online

So even if the immersion switch is set to off (light off) if the clock is set to on - the immersion is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Tilikum wrote:
    So even if the immersion switch is set to off (light off) if the clock is set to on - the immersion is on?

No. If immersion switch is off you are not sending power to the timer. Immersion switch should be on 24/7. Let the timer decide when it's on or off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

One last question.

Have you any idea would it be expensive to have it set to bath every morning on from 8 to 9:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Tilikum wrote: »
    One last question.

Have you any idea would it be expensive to have it set to bath every morning on from 8 to 9:30?

if its a standard 3.3kw element then it will be 3.3 x 1.5(hours) x cost per unit.

If a unit of electricity costs 20 cent then it will cost you around a euro a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement