Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi Viz line

• 12-07-2016 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    I'm looking for some hi viz fishing line in fluorescent green and fluorescent orange. I need it in fairly small diameter too, preferably between .20mm and .25mm. Can anybody tell me where I might get some?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Thanks bud, I should have specified, I'm looking for nylon / mono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭fiacha

Don't know if you are after mainline / leader / level line etc, but there are a few option here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

what do you need it for, whys it any different normal stuff

slaneylad wrote:
    what do you need it for, whys it any different normal stuff
    I'm looking to make nymphing indicators for fly fishing! I find the shop bought indicators aren't very bright and fade quite easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 roachbhoy

I have tried many different indicators for French/Czech nymphing but one of my favourites to use is the drop beads indicator which is basically a piece of high vis mono with uv resin beads, they are quite visible & very sensitive, they're fairly expensive (around €8) for what they are but you can make your own.

roachbhoy wrote:
    I have tried many different indicators for French/Czech nymphing but one of my favourites to use is the drop beads indicator which is basically a piece of high vis mono with uv resin beads, they are quite visible & very sensitive, they're fairly expensive (around €8) for what they are but you can make your own.

Yeah I used to use them but they're banned in FIPS Mouche competitions now and I like to keep all my rigs comp legal.

Advertisement