Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media player for 5TB hard drive

• 12-07-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a WD first generation media player that i have had for the last 8/9 years. I recently bought a Seagate 5TB external hard drive to store all my media files together but when I connected to the 5TB hard drive it would not recognise it.

Is there any media player capable of supporting a 5TB hard drive for playing media files? I was hoping to get a Western Digital as they play mkv files which I have alot of.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

If you haven't checked, see if there is a firmware upgrade you can apply to your WD TV. You can partition your external drive into 2x 2.5TB drives. There are loads of cheap media streamers which are probably far superior. Amazon Fire TV is on sale today which you could use with Kodi to play anything.

Advertisement