Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Eir

Options
  • 12-07-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I currently have Fibre with Vodafone 

My contract is up next month and looking for a change

I have run your line checker and it says the maxium I will receive is 5MBps

Eir are the base providers so I thought the speeds would be the same.

Why can I get fast speeds on an Eir Line with Vodafone but not Eir

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

piplip87 wrote: »
    I currently have Fibre with Vodafone 

My contract is up next month and looking for a change

I have run your line checker and it says the maxium I will receive is 5MBps

Eir are the base providers so I thought the speeds would be the same.

Why can I get fast speeds on an Eir Line with Vodafone but not Eir
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]piplip87,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. :)[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The line checker for both providers should give similar results. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your line number and I will check your line.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

I'm currently thinking about moving to eir but when I run the line checker it says I have fibre in my area and can get 100mb speeds but my phone line is not suitable for the tv package, whats the story with that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

ellobee wrote: »
    I'm currently thinking about moving to eir but when I run the line checker it says I have fibre in my area and can get 100mb speeds but my phone line is not suitable for the tv package, whats the story with that??
    Hi ellobee,

Thank you for getting in touch :)I am very sorry to hear this.

All speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the terms "up to". Although 100mb may be available to in your area you line may not get this. You need to have 24mb or more to receive TV with us. I am afraid if your line does not hold this you would be unable to avail of Eir TV.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Advertisement